Mothering Forum banner

CD moms are you shopping for fluff yet?

2K views 79 replies 34 participants last post by  autumnlily 
#1 ·
Ohh I just can't wait to get a fluffy squishy NB stash! I'm already planning my attack, I for sure need elbees and Kindhearted Woman diapers, and wool, lots of wool. So is anyone else just dying to start shopping for fluff and other fun stuff for baby?

#52 ·
I just found out I was pregnant on Wed. and the first thing I thought was YAY DIAPERS!!! I'm not sure what I'm going with, probably fitteds and wool with a few pockets for outings. And some preemie prefolds. I'm going to wait until we find out the sex of the baby though. I have a son now, and while there are some cute boy diapers, I'm soooo wanting to buy pink if we're having a girl!

#53 ·
Here's most of what I've got:

Newborn (About 2 days worth. I'd like to get it up to 3 days so I'm not rushing to do laundry.)
Small/Size 1
Medium/Size 2
Medium-long/Large (Wool still worn over Size 2 diapers.) (Doesn't include about a dozen large Fuzzi Bunz--I still need to get a picture of those.)

Some of the notes are outdated, but I haven't really done much with the pictures since DD daytime potty-trained.

Quote:

Originally Posted by counterGOPI View Post
heres one of my dd when she was about 4 months old. we have sold all of those FBs since then to switch to organics htough.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6...rstash26fk.jpg
Where did you get the Fuzzi Bunz embroidered? I have a couple that are embroidered, but I don't think the WAHM's that embroidered them are open for business any more.

#56 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Aimee* View Post
I just found out I was pregnant on Wed. and the first thing I thought was YAY DIAPERS!!! I'm not sure what I'm going with, probably fitteds and wool with a few pockets for outings. And some preemie prefolds. I'm going to wait until we find out the sex of the baby though. I have a son now, and while there are some cute boy diapers, I'm soooo wanting to buy pink if we're having a girl!
Hi Aimee!!! I've got a June 06 baby too!!! Glad you're hear.

#57 ·
Starting buying the day I found out..

So far I have

2 dozen preemie prefolds
1 dozen dyed infant prefolds
9 nb mutts
18 Kissaluvs o's
2 KHW fitteds
1 Fussybutt Fitted
1 Firefly Sleeptight
1 unknown wahm Peace fitted
6 prefitteds
6 dyed tinkle traps small fitteds

1 loveybum wool wrap
3 xs luxes
1 sm luxe
1 small WCW
1 knitted shorties
1 luxe wrap (old)
1 sugarpea wool wrap
3 longies left from Judah
1 nb Mosiac Moon set

I want more..LOL...

This is just my nb/sm. Judah is currently using the mediums/larges.

#58 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennisee View Post
Here's most of what I've got:

Newborn (About 2 days worth. I'd like to get it up to 3 days so I'm not rushing to do laundry.)
Small/Size 1
Medium/Size 2
Medium-long/Large (Wool still worn over Size 2 diapers.) (Doesn't include about a dozen large Fuzzi Bunz--I still need to get a picture of those.)

Some of the notes are outdated, but I haven't really done much with the pictures since DD daytime potty-trained.

Where did you get the Fuzzi Bunz embroidered? I have a couple that are embroidered, but I don't think the WAHM's that embroidered them are open for business any more.
i bought them that way. i do still have the USAF one b/c me dh is always proud to see her in that. plus she wears it to big events on base

EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and man i love your stash so far!!

#62 ·
I made a decision. I think I'll go with mostly prefolds for everyday use, but get a few AIOs for when we're out and about.

I used prefolds while babysitting for a friend (I watched her kid in exchange for living at her house for a summer), and they're not difficult, even for a buffoon such as myself.

#63 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
I made a decision. I think I'll go with mostly prefolds for everyday use, but get a few AIOs for when we're out and about.

I used prefolds while babysitting for a friend (I watched her kid in exchange for living at her house for a summer), and they're not difficult, even for a buffoon such as myself.

I always tend to go back to my prefolds. They're just so easy (IMO) and they wash and dry well too. When I'm out of the house I do like pretty ones though to show off.

And Jennisee :

#65 ·
so for those prefolders out there... what pfs do you love? I've only used unbleached indian cotton 4x6x4's off ebays granitesmith (I don't know if that store is still open... it's been about 4 years since I bought them). I know they weren't high up on the totem pole of dipes so my experience with them was... eh. Fine for pee, blowouts with bm poopies. I don't like stained inners on covers (they just don't sun out as nice as dipes).

#66 ·
I love unbleached indian prefolds, that is what I am using again this time for the newborn/infant stage. I have purchased from Granitesmith too and they are still on Ebay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgranitesmith

I had a few blowouts when Jack was little but nothing horrible, but then again I don't mind a few stains on covers. I like the Thirsties covers I just got because they have the nice gussets on the legs to hold everything in.

#68 ·
Quote:
I hate pins and almost hate snappies just as much. I do like how pfs sun out so nicely and completely.
After my son got to the pulling up/cruising stage, we dropped the Snappi in favor of a diaper belt... lemme dig up a pic:

http://www.boondock.org/photos/2005/DSC02231.JPG

Of course, by that time, most poop was going in the potty... not sure how it would work with conventional diapering. ;-) It was easy to pull pants over if we needed to, and we could leave the belt on while changing him, which meant changing was a one-piece job.

#69 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by willemsmamma View Post
And where does on get these thirsties covers?
What about pfs and wool? Longies? I hate pins and almost hate snappies just as much. I do like how pfs sun out so nicely and completely.
I usually get my prefolds from prefold Co-ops, they are just finishing one here on MDC but they also do alot at diaperswappers.com
Diaperswappers is where I get the majority of my diapering needs because there are so many cloth diapering mamas, you can find everything there! If you are looking to buy them new I like http://www.abbyslane.com/catalog.php?category=344

www.hyenacart.com is a great place too, lots of wool WAHMs who will knit what you need

#70 ·
We actually just decided to start CDing DS again (tried for a few months when he was young, but quit
) so I am busy building his stash! I think I will TRY to wait till after we find out the gender of the baby before I start buying a ton. That will still give me a good 4 months. I am SO excited to CD a newborn though!!

#72 ·
ChristyH - I guess I phrased that wrong... how do prefolds work under wool. I really don't like any other type of cover material because it never seems to be breathable enough. I can imagine blowouts on wool wraps being a pain to clean up (esp that mustard quality poop) and I don't even want to think about it on our knitted woolens. I've tried to avoid diaperswappers all these years because I don't want to get sucked in more than I am, lol.

:.... my confession is that dh is a much better pf folder than I. He gets them so nice and tight and they never fall off. Mine are lopsided (unless I do the bikini twist) and my babies always got red marks from the snappies being to tight to make up for my poor diaper folding abilities.

I'm really liking the idea of part time ECing and making my own diapers. I was starting to get worried about how much this was all going to cost (though my diaper stashes have always been very economical things are really tight here). Thanks for starting this thread OP... a third time cder has seen her light

Ironica - love your username
That's a great pick. Looks like the diaper belt is just a fleece sleeve with elastic (like a big scrunchy). Is that it?

#74 ·
Monique - I have bought Thirsties covers from the already mentioned Abby's Lane and also http://www.breesbums.com/ - Bree is local for me. Both of these mama's are very very nice. With the wrap type covers you can always just fold the prefold into thirds and lay it inside. I didn't really do that until E was older and not pooping as much though.

I wonder if you would be interested in prefitteds? (prefolds turned into fitteds) There are WAHM's who will do this and also various directions on the web to do it yourself. (check the diaper making board here) Then you could just have the snaps added - or snappi/pin them. I have thought about making prefitteds but I am way to skeeered to cut into one of our prefolds.

I also think that Green Mountain Diapers has some great looking prefold sizes - different than most standard prefolds but they really make sense. She has a lot of pictures on her website too. (and $6.50 newborn fitteds) http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/prefolds.htm

#75 ·
Quote:
Looks like the diaper belt is just a fleece sleeve with elastic (like a big scrunchy). Is that it?
Yep, that's it. There's instructions on the Big EC List, and they sell them ready-made at theecstore.com .

Thanks for the compliment ;-) my RL name is Monica, so it sorta fits ;-).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.