Anyone have instincts about boy/girl? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2007, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This morning I woke up and...very strange...it just hit me "it's going to be a girl!" I can't really explain it.

We have decided not to find out the sex (we may go with no u/s at all, not sure yet- will talk with midwife at our appointment thurs and see).

With our other two, my instincts were correct on both- my husband, on the other hand, was convinced of the opposite of me both times. I haven't shared my thoughts on this pregnancy yet, but maybe we will concur- although, considering his track record, that might make us both wrong!

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2007, 11:47 AM

I dont think i had any insticts with DS. I felt girl instincts with DD but didnt trust them because I wanted a girl so bad. Now I am feeling strong boy vibes. And honestly I can go either way this time, no strong preference for either, so I wonder if I can trust it?

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
Old 08-26-2007, 12:28 PM

I'm pretty sure its a boy, he's going to have red hair, and he'll be born the day I plan my dd 3rd birthday party for At least that's how it all worked out in the dream I had a couple days ago.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:44 PM

I am thinking boy!! Our timing of DTD and O just points to boy and girls are rare in DH's family, even though we were blessed with ONE, lol.

Stacy ~ Mama to 4 and #5 due in February
Old 08-26-2007, 01:20 PM

I want a girl, but I have a feeling it will be another boy,LOL.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:06 PM

I usually do. The intercourse timing could go either way and I keep getting torn between genders. I'm almost afraid it's one of each. lol
Old 08-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Absolutely none. Nada. Zip.

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

Old 08-26-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingOtter View Post
I usually do. The intercourse timing could go either way and I keep getting torn between genders. I'm almost afraid it's one of each. lol
LOL..That is me...Adrock keeps telling me he is getting a brother and a sister....:..I will need MIL to move in then...
Old 08-26-2007, 02:54 PM

I'm sure it's a boy.

My MIL is sure it's a girl.

Hmm...

We're not finding inspirations for names either way though.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:14 PM

The night before I found out I was pregnant I had a dream about nursing a little boy. I've had boy vibes ever since.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:21 PM

Based on dtd-v-O dates I am guessing girl. However I can only come up with a boy name and dh doesn't like it. Names are going to be rough this time around!

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
Old 08-26-2007, 03:56 PM

I'm feeling girl. My last 2 were girls and my 1st 2 were boys - so, either way is fine by me! It's been so long since I had a little boy, I'd love that...but I love my little girls too. Glad I don't have to pick, LOL! But I'm thinking girl.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 08-26-2007, 07:10 PM

I don't know about instincts, but pre-, I wanted a girl first, but now I'm hoping for a boy. I'm not sure if that shift counts as instinct, but it's interesting either way.

We're pretty solid on our boy name, but are still tossing around ideas for girl names. We have one idea, but aren't sure if it's a middle name or first name idea, and aren't sure what we'd pair with it either way.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:15 PM

I've been thinking girl since we started trying. I was right with both my other kids but I'm not feeling extra confident yet. We won't be finding out even if we decide to have a 20 week u/s. I'm looking forward to the excitement of waiting! I'm not a patient person so this is like torturing myself on purpose

On the other hand both DH and MIL also think the baby is a girl which makes me want to think boy just to be different So far DH really doesn't like any names that I have suggested for either, but he especially hates my most favorite girls name I think I am going to have us pick names secretly and not tell anyone until the baby is born.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 08-26-2007, 08:21 PM

We don't plan on finding out the sex beforehand but I do have a feeling that this little bean is a girl. I don't know why but I think it's because I want another little boy so badly that I know this one is going to be a girl, does that make sense?
Either way we'll be thrilled but I've already be checking out the cute Hanna dresses for girls for this one My DS is going to be so disappointed if this is a girl though, he has been begging me for a brother! Poor little guy is the only boy in the whole family right now and is surrounded by girls
Old 08-26-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH View Post
My DS is going to be so disappointed if this is a girl though, he has been begging me for a brother!
That is what I'm worried about too. My dd wants a sister SO badly. She refuses to listen to us that the baby might be a boy. She adores her brother but she really wants a sister! She's already insisting on what her sister will be named

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 08-26-2007, 10:03 PM

Last time, I was SURE I was carrying a girl. 75% of the folks who ventured a guess said "girl," I wasn't as hungry or gaining as much weight as I expected, yadda yadda.

So when my husband said "We have a beautiful baby boy!" my thought was "Huh! How about that."

So no, even if I have an "instinct" I'm not listening to it. ;-) We originally wanted "two kids, a boy and a girl, boy first" and we're halfway there... but on the other hand, two boys would have certain efficiencies to it, so I could totally go either way.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:23 PM

I was wrong with the first two kids, right with #3, wrong with the baby girl we lost... I'm not trusting any feeling I have either way this time! I'm obviously not in touch with my body!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:02 AM

No instinct on gender, but I totally feel like we're having more than one. Be interesting to see how many heartbeats we hear in a few weeks.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM

I had MAJOR instincts with my first baby.
we had an name and everything picked out for a girl. I WAS SOOOOOO SURE.

then ... She, turned out to be a HE. I was like .. "what?! She has a penis?" :

this time I am not feeling to much either way, but its still early.
every one thinks I am having a girl though, mostly becasue they know I want one.

2 kids. 1 more on the way. Cloth diapers, home birth, and boojuu is how I roll.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:44 PM

I don't have any instincts but I'm okay with it. I thought I was quite the failure at motherly intuition because I thought both my ds's were going to be girls.
This time ds1 is absolutely positive it's going to be a girl. He told dh so before we even told him the pregnancy was a sure thing. So I'm going with him
Old 08-28-2007, 03:19 AM

Last night I had a baby dream.

She was a girl!!!

I had a dream when pg with ds that he was a boy. Of course, I didn't believe it. This time I am choosing to believe it.

DS keeps referring to the baby as she. (although most of the time he says he is having a brother and a sister. I wonder....................)
Old 08-28-2007, 01:13 PM

I have a couple girl dreams... but they have been so bizarre I don't even know if they should count!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10

User Tag List