Ugh, Sick and not Puking - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2007, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night I just wanted to puke. I was so nauseous... the gut-rot was disgusting. Puking would have brought welcome relief, but alas... nothing.

Normally, I'm an easy puker. I feel crappy, I throw up, I feel better. But this is different, I feel crappy, I don't throw up, I continue to feel crappy.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2007, 07:23 PM

Yeah that's me too. I never threw up with baby #1 and so far haven't with this one either. I just have terrible nausea at times. I'm having pretty good luck with ginger snaps and ginger ale...or try eating toast or something to settle your tummy.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Oooh, gingerale sounds good. I'll have to see if they have any at the store (it's closed on Sundays). If not, I can order some.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:50 PM

Yes, gut-rot stinks! I'm on baby #5 and I have NEVER thrown up with morning sickness! I did TU once in labor with DS2 but that's another matter, LOL...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 08-26-2007, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

It's especially weird because normally I'm a pretty "easy" puker. I feel rotten, I puke, I feel better. This is a whole different animal.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:19 PM

I had this same feeling with dd, but with ds I threw up all the time. It honestly did *not* make me feel better and then I had to deal with running to a bathroom all the time. So far I just feel yucky and all food and smells are revolting, but no throwing up. I'd much rather feel this way, I was so incredibly sick with my son!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 08-26-2007, 09:36 PM

i feel rotten all day and if I would throw up it would be tons better but all i do is eat little bits of food and feel yucky and nothing tastes good. How is it I can be hungry but my stomach feel full and awful? All my other pregnancies weren't this tummy-yucky this early on.

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

Old 08-26-2007, 10:19 PM

Ginger ale nowadays doesn't have any real ginger in it, you'd be better off with real ginger beer or something!
Old 08-26-2007, 10:19 PM

I've only threw up 3 times so far and it wasn't anything other than stomach yuck. I feel so crappy. I threw up all the time with ds and dd but this time it seems to be more gagging and dry heaving. Dh has been onto me about food and eating but I don't want to eat. All I've had today is a small mashed potato and half a twister from kfc. So now he is off to get me strawberries and watermelon for dinner. Nothing else sounds good. I just want to eat raw stuff right now, but veggies will give me burpy gas and we all know that will just make me feel worse.

I have a head ache from all the trips to the bathroom to dry heave. This sucks.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:04 PM

I typically throw up about 4-5 times a day from 6 weeks to 18-20 weeks. It does NOT make me feel any better. The only good thing about throwing up is that dh seems much more sympathetic when I do as opposed to me just "claiming" I feel sick all the time! I'm really trying to enjoy this week. If this baby is a keeper then this is my last week of feeling good for several months.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:14 AM

I have to agree with the others that pregnant puking doesn't provide the relief that sick or drunk puking provides.

I puked 21 times with DD and don't recall it being more than mildly satisfying each time. You get sick again quickly. That said, I puked for the first and only time so far this pregnancy on Saturday and it *did* help quite a bit. Before that I was just walking back and forth to the toilet and trying to puke. Afterwards I was able to go out and enjoy a bagel with mozzarella, tomato and pesto, yum. So maybe it differs with every pregnancy.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 PM

Canada Dry probably does not have any real ginger in it. Hansen's natural soda does, however.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:08 PM

Be careful with the amount of ginger in real ginger beers. All the ones I've seen have had an emmenagogue dose of ginger and make me nervous. Plus they taste worse than death.

I havent puked yet either, and I don't want to. Thankfully my nausea is pretty mild, some days I can actually go out LOL we went to the melting pot yesterday and someone across the room was cooking their lobster tails and my stomach turned, I had to have someone rush me a salad to raise my sugars.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:19 PM

I am in the same boat.
SOOOO sick, no puking.
It sucks. I want this TRI to be over! NOW!
hahah

2 kids. 1 more on the way. Cloth diapers, home birth, and boojuu is how I roll.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicavocado View Post
Be careful with the amount of ginger in real ginger beers. All the ones I've seen have had an emmenagogue dose of ginger and make me nervous. Plus they taste worse than death.
Oh, we don't have real ginger ale/beer at our store (although i LOVES me some real strong stuff normally). It's a grand total of five aisles, the last of which is taken up by cleaning and hunting/fishing supplies. Too much selection is never our issue.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeomom3 View Post
It does NOT make me feel any better. The only good thing about throwing up is that dh seems much more sympathetic when I do as opposed to me just "claiming" I feel sick
Yeah, mine too. What's up with that... it's almost like they need "evidence":
Old 08-27-2007, 04:26 PM

thats me. my m/s is the constant 'im gonna puke' but i never do. i wish i could puke and get it over with to feel better!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
Old 08-27-2007, 06:56 PM

I haven't puked yet either. Just feel hung-over all day long. Yuck.
I do gag a lot though.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:08 PM

This is me. I threw up twice with DD and that was when I had a really really bad headache at about 4-5 mos. I don't TU much normally anyway - really basically never. I hate it. But I am definitely nauseous, and some things are churn-inducing, like the fresh bird poop that landed on my driver's side window this morning, right above the side mirror, and RIGHT in my peripheral vision.

I am finding that eating frequently helps a little, and I am just trying not to think too hard about food. Don't think, just open mouth and insert.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

Old 08-27-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All together ooky View Post
I haven't puked yet either. Just feel hung-over all day long. Yuck.
LOL, that's how I describe my m/s -- a hang over that never ends!

User Tag List