WEEKLY UPDATE/CHAT THREAD *Aug 27-Sept 3* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 08-29-2007, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My favorite part is feeling the baby move and then having dh be able to feel the baby move. For some reaSon his being able to feel the movement for our little one just makes me tear up. Maybe part of that is because I feel movement so early, 13 weeks with dd and 11-12 with ds. I'm hoping this one cooperates with nice big movements early on like it's sibs did. I have some very amusing memories from being 11-12 weeks along with ds. I was laying down on the couch holding a very warm bag of popcorn and chasing him across my stomach with the heat from the bag. I might just tear up now thinking about it!

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 09-01-2007, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH View Post
Right now I'm just enjoying being pregnant in a sense that this will be my last so I am trying to savor everything, even the morning sickness.
thanks for this reminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
When we moved the dresser, we found four pairs of his socks, plus a random ivory carving.

Now, ivory carving is fairly common up here. What's weird, is that it's in the shape of some kind of what looks like a fertility charm. A woman with big ol' breastfeeding breasts, and a spiral around where her uterus would be. It's odd because the Native people are VERY Christian. I have no clue who made this, or what kind of symbol it really is, but it sure looks fertile to us!
cooooooool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
Ugh, I am feeling blooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaated. I just feel puffy and jiggly around the midsection. I can't wait for a legit pregnancy belly, because right now I just feel FAT.
:

quiet 'round these parts lately...everyone too puky, too tired i assume i felt good yesterday, today soooooooo tired. someone on my tribal thread posted this recipe for ginger ale to curb nausea yesterday thought i'd share:

Homemade Ginger Ale
"For those who suffer from motion sickness or common, garden-variety nausea, ginger is a gift," writes Ellen Michaud in The Healing Kitchen. (Browse the book online.) Ginger also may aid digestion, according to Michaud. (One caveat: If you're taking one of these medications, talk to your doctor before using ginger.) Here's Michaud's ginger ale recipe:

Ingredients
4 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
2 cups water
4 teaspoons honey
2 cups seltzer water
Lemon slices
Ice

1. Finely chop or shred ginger in a food processor or with a hand grater. Boil water and add the ginger to it. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain.
2. Add honey. (More can be added to taste.)
3. Allow mixture to reach room temperature. Pour 1/2 cup in a glass. Add seltzer, a lemon slice, and ice. Stir and serve. Any leftover drink must be refrigerated or the mixture will begin to ferment and you'll have ginger beer! Makes 4 servings.

i love a sexy round belly, dressing around it and getting new clothes , but i love that i am doing something, gestating a human, and it gives me a great sense of purpose.

oh but the best part, absolutely the best, side-effect free, no-guilt BIRTH CONTROL! ('caaaaaause yer already pregnant )

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page