What do you want?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want an apple Pie.. Not just any old apple pie from the store, but a homemade apple pie.. preferably one "I" didnt have to make myself, lmbo...

At this point though, with no apples or anything to make pie crusts with, I would settle for a McD's apple pie..

Stacy ~ Mama to 4 and #5 due in February
#2 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I just had what I wanted -- a square of dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#3 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 PM

I have been craving burgerville like mad..

if you are not from the US Pacific Northwest, you probably dont know what I am talking about, but think Fast Food, that is made with all local and "healthier" ingredients.. and BEST DAMN IDAHO FRENCH FRIES EVER
CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE
i cant stop wanting it.

2 kids. 1 more on the way. Cloth diapers, home birth, and boojuu is how I roll.

#4 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 07:31 PM

I want my tummy to stop turning over so that food sounds good again. :-/

On Saturday, I woke DH up from a nap with a demand that we go get me a kebab. Unfortunately we didn't have time to hunt down EXACTLY what I wanted, but we got something that was close enough.
#5 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exquisitebones View Post

if you are not from the US Pacific Northwest, you probably dont know what I am talking about, but think Fast Food, that is made with all local and "healthier" ingredients.. and BEST DAMN IDAHO FRENCH FRIES EVER
CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE
i cant stop wanting it.
I *am* from the PNW and I have no clue what you are talking about I've been craving a burger (with mayo and pickles!) for days.

And a cupcake with vanilla frosting and sprinkles :

And some vanilla pudding (which I can't have since I'm dairy free )

I think we are having burgers for dinner tonight Of course it will be a bunless burger wrapped in lettuce since I'm avoiding grains. Dietary restrictions just suck when you are pregnant and barely anything sounds good.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#6 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 07:33 PM

french fries and a vanilla shake
#7 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofSyd View Post
french fries and a vanilla shake
FREAKING DELICIOUS.
yum. :

#8 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer View Post
I *am* from the PNW and I have no clue what you are talking about I've been craving a burger (with mayo and pickles!) for days.

And a cupcake with vanilla frosting and sprinkles :

I think we are having burgers for dinner tonight Of course it will be a bunless burger wrapped in lettuce since I'm avoiding grains. Dietary restrictions just suck when you are pregnant and barely anything sounds good.
So yum... here is there store locator http://www.burgerville.com/html/locator/index.html

and they even have spicy black bean garden burgers and THE BEST chicken strips evar!

#9 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 08:01 PM

OMG... burgerville... drool... I had it last weekend, seriously, best thing ever! Now I wan Chipotle and Apple CRisp..

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#10 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 08:02 PM

BAKED. potato. soup.

Bacon, cheese, the whole 9 yards, in a sourdough bread bowl. -drools all over self with excess saliva-

And at any time I would adore a turkey sandwich but I am terrified of listeria and for some reason we dont have any whole turkeys at the market, so I am waiting for thanksgiving impatiently (I cant be the only one).
#11 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 08:07 PM

My husband has his fourth interview with this company he wants to join tomorrow around 2PM EST. If he gets the job, it's off to North Carolina for sure. So I am just sitting here hoping everything goes well.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#12 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 PM

Mint chocolate chip ice cream. Mostly because we made it last night and I know it's waiting for me in the freezer at home. Mmmm... homemade ice cream...

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#13 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 09:14 PM

Oh I want a apple crisp to...anything apple will do..
#14 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 09:20 PM

I want a cuban sandwich, an honest to good from a little place I know in Miami Cuban sandwich! Oh and a mango pastelito from that bakery down the road from my aunts house. Of course Miami is far away from now so I'll just have to drool thinking about it *sigh*
#15 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer View Post
Ok, I've only ever made it as chocolate... but this is a *fabulous* dairy-free pudding, if you want to try it. It's a bit of work, but just as rich and way lower in fat/calories (and higher in nutrients) than your average pudding, too... try it as vanilla if you like. Here's the recipe:

First, find two young coconuts... the white ones with some of the husk still on; they look like little huts or something.
Open up the coconuts (here's one page on how: http://www.rawguru.com/html/openyoungcoconut.html ) and measure out...
2 cups flesh (ideally, the flesh will be jelly-like. If it's kinda rubbery, your pudding may be a bit on the gritty side)
3/4 cup coconut water (save the rest; makes a great electrolyte beverage... yum)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup cocoa powder (try leaving this out and see how it is as vanilla)
2 Tbsp. vanilla extract (yep, TABLEspoons)
1/4 tsp. salt

Blend together in the most powerful blender you can lay hands on. Let chill for a couple hours so it thickens up. Many people like it less sweet than this; if you want, experiment with going easier on the maple or agave (especially if you're leaving out the cocoa, since it's bitter and will tend to counteract some of the sweet).

This stuff is soooo yummy. I keep meaning to make some, but I haven't had the energy to open the coconuts. :-( sigh...
#16 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 PM

Oreo cookies keep going through my mind, although now the dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter is competing... we have neither Oreos nor dark chocolate in the house and I am already in my PJs...

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#17 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 09:45 PM

Rudy's Barbeque or a wrap from Chipotle. I'm usually ok, but when I'm pregnant I REALLY miss food from home. *sigh* That and REAL pickles, like Claussen's or just good ole fashioned hamburger slices...
#18 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datura View Post
Rudy's Barbeque or a wrap from Chipotle. I'm usually ok, but when I'm pregnant I REALLY miss food from home. *sigh* That and REAL pickles, like Claussen's or just good ole fashioned hamburger slices...
I just had a long conversation with my mom about how I want Panera to cater my babyshower, and that I also demand a MASSIVE bowl of pasta house salad

If we had panera and pasta house out here, I wouldnt be nearly as homesick. French onion soup in a bread bowl is ALWAYS appetizing to me.
#19 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 09:53 PM

what are those things called??? vienna fingers? they come in a red package and are peanut butter sandwich cookies with a little grid imprinted on them...

what are those other things called... nutty buddys or something (chocolate, well fake chocolate covered peanut flavored wafers) I sure wish I could find some with the real stuff.

hazelnut coffee with milk and sucanat

peanut butter cookies with the kiss melted in the middle (forget what these are called too)

eggplant parm....

lemon chicken the way dh makes it

some sort of seafood bisque... thick and creamy... or new england clam chowder.

speaking of clams.. I love steamed mussels in a nice white wine garlic butter sauce (except I'm boycotting the garlic at present)

potstickers and veggie lo mein from the chinese place up the hill...

... and you know what the kicker is??? I can't figure out WHAT to eat because we have NONE of this stuff!!!! (because it's not in our usual diet )
#20 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemsmamma View Post
what are those things called??? vienna fingers? they come in a red package and are peanut butter sandwich cookies with a little grid imprinted on them...
Nutter Butters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemsmamma View Post
what are those other things called... nutty buddys or something (chocolate, well fake chocolate covered peanut flavored wafers) I sure wish I could find some with the real stuff.
Nutty Bars by Little Debbie

Can you tell I've been craving PB things? I had it bad for Nutty Bars the other day but didn't give in... if you really decide to, don't look at the nutrition info on the box!

#21 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksmom View Post
Nutter Butters?

Nutty Bars by Little Debbie

Can you tell I've been craving PB things? I had it bad for Nutty Bars the other day but didn't give in... if you really decide to, don't look at the nutrition info on the box!

Yeah, dh corrected me after he saw my post . Just didn't have time to edit. I'm making potato soup (somebody said baked potato soup but I didn't want to wait for my potatoes to bake).
#22 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 10:39 PM

DH is going to the store for some Green & Black's 70% dark and a 4 pack (individual size) of Oreos. Love that man!

#23 of 25 Old 08-28-2007, 10:47 PM

Meat! Any kind! And what's really weird is I lost my sweet tooth - but my midwife said maybe it's my body telling me I don't want yeast infections...

But seriously, anything protein related, I'm there...

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#24 of 25 Old 08-29-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exquisitebones View Post

CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE
i cant stop wanting it.
You totaly suck! I love Burgerville and we go there everytime I vist my mom in Corbett. Of course I am 7 hours away so no Bugerville for me!!!:
#25 of 25 Old 08-29-2007, 01:44 PM

Country ham biscuit from Biscuitville. They are the closest thing I have ever found to my granny's biscuits - not at all greasy with a perfect crust and buttermilk tang. Unfortunately, Biscuitville is located in the NC Triangle and Piedmont areas and I'm far far away in NE Florida.

Aside from that, I've been having major burrito & spicy food cravings. Specifically, Taco Bell and I may have to make hubby take us for thai food very soon. I've never had a huge sweet tooth and this time is no exception. Okay, ice cream is totally the exception to that rule, but I tend not to like overly sweet flavors. I'm totally going to have to pick up a pint of haagen daz pineapple coconut after work.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page