I feel like a horrible wife and mom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-29-2007, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so sick I can't do anything. As soon as I start to move I end up running to the bathroom to puke. My poor husband comes home and me and my son are still in PJ's. The house isn't very clean ( I did clean the kitchen and picked up yesterday but couldn't manage to vac or mop). My husband ends up cooking dinner every night for him and my son. My poor son plays by himself most of the day because I'm too sick and I've even resorted to using the T.V. for him which I always swore I'd NEVER do... I always said NO T.V. in the day at all, but Baby Einstein and Barney are there for him more than I can be right now. Ugh... I'm only 7 and a half weeks. I hope I'm over it soon so that I can take care of my family again.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#2 of 5 Old 08-29-2007, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Couldn't read and not post mamma. I'm sorry you're going through this right now.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#3 of 5 Old 08-29-2007, 01:21 PM

I'm right there with you. I can't even take care of myself as well as I should so how can I take care of others? Dh is handling it pretty well. This is the 2nd time he has had to take over the house stuff because I'm pregnant and sick. My living room is trashed right now and I can't do a thing about it because if I try I'll be in the bathroom.

We will get past this and we will be dealing with another thing that makes it next to impossible to do anything. I know I'm just a ray of sunshine...
#4 of 5 Old 08-29-2007, 01:23 PM

its really hard, but as my wise dd tells me when i'm sick, "It's ok, mama, it won't always be like this." and it won't. I know it's so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when all you're doing is looking at the hole in a toilet bowl, it really just SUCKS. i also find relying on tv more than before. good thing we only get five channels and don't pay for mega channels or i'd feel even worse.

hang in there. it will get better. It hasn't for me yet, and i'm 9w, but it got better before, it will get better again. you have my empathy though! i know how hard it is. I asked my dh to feed the cats before he went to work, the smell of it makes me wretch. He forgot, so i just had to, and yeah. not good. you're in good company.
#5 of 5 Old 08-29-2007, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't think I'd be the only one, although I'm sure most of you wish I was . We're moving into a new house on base in about a week, I'm hoping that'll take my mind off the sickness, otherwise we're going to be living out of boxes for the next coulple of months LOL. My husband is good about it too, but today he called and asked how I was. When I said I was still sick he said "Me and this baby are going to have a talk when I get home" LOL... he's funny.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page