where is your uterus at 9-10 weeks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 08-29-2007, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i thought it was supposed to be still under the pubic bone, but i seem to be able to feel it about 2 inches above.
#2 of 14 Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 PM

If it's your first baby, it's generally still in the pelvis. Are you sure it's the fundus? If so, it could be twins, but more likely a mis-dated pregnancy. What was your period before your missed period like?

Sorry, I just realized this is in a DDC! (Not in your DDC).

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#3 of 14 Old 08-29-2007, 08:05 PM

at 8.5 wks the md said mine was still beneath the pelvic bone. That was last week.

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

#4 of 14 Old 08-29-2007, 09:19 PM

I'm 7 weeks or so and I can most definitely feel my fundus about an inch about my pubic bone. This is my third pregnancy and my kids are close in age which is probably why it is like that for me. I've heard its common if you've had a few kids to have this happen. If this is your first and you are sure its your fundus, I'd wonder about twins or if you are farther along than you think. Usually a first timer will have a their fundus right at the level of the pubic bone at 12 weeks and it will be up to their belly button by 20 weeks. That is exactly how it was for my first 2 pregnancies. HTH!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#5 of 14 Old 08-29-2007, 09:20 PM

Oh also, had you gone pee before you checked? If you had a very full bladder that might have been what you felt. Or if you are a little farther along that you thought, a full bladder might change where you felt your fundus.

~Rebecca~

#6 of 14 Old 08-29-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer View Post
I'm 7 weeks or so and I can most definitely feel my fundus about an inch about my pubic bone. This is my third pregnancy and my kids are close in age which is probably why it is like that for me. I've heard its common if you've had a few kids to have this happen. If this is your first and you are sure its your fundus, I'd wonder about twins or if you are farther along than you think. Usually a first timer will have a their fundus right at the level of the pubic bone at 12 weeks and it will be up to their belly button by 20 weeks. That is exactly how it was for my first 2 pregnancies. HTH!
I'm positive I can feel mine now, just slightly above my pubic bone and I'm 7 weeks (4th pregnancy here).
#7 of 14 Old 08-29-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ATenthMuse~ View Post
I'm positive I can feel mine now, just slightly above my pubic bone and I'm 7 weeks (4th pregnancy here).
That makes *me* feel better even though I'm not the OP. I just seriously don't remember it this early with my others and I freaked out about the idea of twins for a little bit. They don't run in my family and I'm sure on my dates so I was just really surprised at how big my uterus is already and how much its showing.

~Rebecca~

#8 of 14 Old 08-29-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer View Post
That makes *me* feel better even though I'm not the OP. I just seriously don't remember it this early with my others and I freaked out about the idea of twins for a little bit. They don't run in my family and I'm sure on my dates so I was just really surprised at how big my uterus is already and how much its showing.
Me, too! I got kinda freaked out when I first noticed... Only saw one babe today though!

OP, sorry I'm no help. Try googling "fundal height at 9 weeks" and see what you get.

Here's what I found for ya: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundal_height

More.
#9 of 14 Old 08-29-2007, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

okay, i'm 8.5 weeks , i checked the calendar

very sure of the dates. third pregnancy, though.

DH keeps saying that we need to find out if we are having twins--he doesn't know about my fundus so the mere fact that he is saying this freaked me out a bit.

i'm pretty sure it is my fundus. i checked on an emtpy bladder, lying down on my back and i can definitely feel the difference and where it end.

i'm not ready for twins!
#10 of 14 Old 08-30-2007, 12:05 AM

Ok...well why is my belly already hard under my belly button??!!?? I'm a "fluffy" woman, so I shouldn't be able to feel anything remotely hard yet. Is it just abdominal muscles?
#11 of 14 Old 08-30-2007, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainymorning View Post
very sure of the dates. third pregnancy, though.
I wouldn't worry then! Good luck.

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#12 of 14 Old 08-30-2007, 10:44 AM

I'm at 9w 1d and last night I swear I felt it just by my belly button. I've been feeling much bigger this pregnancy and am curious to see what our midwife has to say on Tuesday.

(Dunno if it's' TMI, but we had also recently finished DTD and perhaps I had some residual effects?)
#13 of 14 Old 08-30-2007, 10:49 AM

At 9-10 weeks it's not at all surprising that you can feel it a bit above the bone. It also wouldn't be surprising if you couldn't, though.

Orgasming causes some mild contractions of the uterus (perfectly safe in a healthy pregnancy) so that could be why it felt more pronounced.
#14 of 14 Old 08-31-2007, 10:09 PM

I'm 8 weeks, and I easily feel mine when laying down. I very easily see it after having an orgasm as well (and I can feel a very very mild contraction like feeling).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page