joining the crowd - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-30-2007, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi everyone. i was here about a month ago, but there wasn't an april club yet. then my computer went down for a month, so i wasn't able to join earlier, but here i am.

i am 9 weeks preggo with kiddo number 2. my edd is april 3rd. i've been surprised to see how different this pregnancy is from the first one. i'm more of everything. more tired, more hungry, more peeing, and most of all, MORE morning sickness (except that it lasts all day...)

i saw a new ob/gyn about a week and a half ago. it was a disaster. she was rude, insensitive about my medical/psych history, and didn't answer any of my questions. i did get to have a sono, and saw the little jellybean, but she didn't give me any sono pics
i have an appt with a different dr next week. i'm hoping it goes better.
i am so looking forward to feeling better. there is a ton of stuff i need to be doing, but i'm barely functioning with this nausea...

(wow, i sound like a drag, huh? i'm not always like this, really...)

on a side note,
i asked levi (2 years old) if he wanted to be a big brother. he thoughtfully replied..."uh, no way". we asked him several more times, and his reply was the same. lol. i'm pretty sure he doesn't know what i'm asking him, but it cracked us up anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2007, 07:50 PM

Welcome!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 08-30-2007, 07:58 PM

Hi!! welcome to the club.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
Old 08-31-2007, 02:25 AM

Welcome! Your ds sounds so cute.

I haven't said word one to my kids about this pregnancy, yet just a few days ago my 2 year old dd started talking about "the new baby." I asked her "what new baby?" and she said "the one in your belly." Of course, now that I'm thinking it through she was probably just still talking about the "new baby" we lost back in April. All the kids still bring it up now and again. Alright, I guess it's not as amazing as I first thought!
Old 08-31-2007, 02:41 AM

Okay I have to share my baby/toddler story now. Last time I was pregnant I pointed to my little round belly and my just 2yo 'that's baby'. He gave me a look like he felt sorry for me and say, 'No I baby, you mama'. too cute
Old 08-31-2007, 08:00 AM

Welcome, nitemarehippygirl! I hear you on the more of everything, and feeling too blah to do anything. Hopefully we've only got a few more weeks of this, and then it'll be on to the energetic glow of the second trimester!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:34 AM

Congratulations and welcome. I wish my oldest could have an idea what's going on. When we talk about having another baby he just stares at us and then runs off to play. Apparently a 15 month old just doesn't care.

mama to   broc1.gif DS 6/06 and banana.gif DS 4/08
Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 AM

Congrats! My boys for sure want a brother! My older DD wants, of course, a girl. DD2 is only 17 months so she doesn't understand but I think having someone to share her milk with will NOT go over well with her!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:10 AM

I never even thought about DS having to share his milk. He is going to hate the new baby!

mama to   broc1.gif DS 6/06 and banana.gif DS 4/08
Old 08-31-2007, 03:17 PM

Welcome.

Hope you find a medical provider with a more adequate belly-side manner.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:37 PM

Welcome! I'm April 3rd too!

Have you thought about seeing a midwife? Even if you don't want a homebirth, you might be able to find a midwifery practices that does hospital births. I swore off OB-GYN's a few years ago after I had my first well woman visit with a midwife and she spent over an hour just talking to me and listening. Such a difference! But in any event, I hope you find a care provider you trust, like, and respect. It is so important!
Old 08-31-2007, 04:39 PM

Welcome! Sorry about the cr appy 1st visit - hope you do find a great new provider (I 2nd the above poster. I just switched from an ob to mw and couldn't be happier!)

Gennie
Old 08-31-2007, 04:52 PM

Welcome!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

ralphie,
i love the idea of a midwife, but there are several things standing in my way.
number one is that hardly anybody takes our insurance, and we can't afford to pay for the midwife out of pocket. i'm sort of stuck with whoever i can get, unfortunately. i wish i had the money to just do whatever the heck i wanted.

the other thing is that there is a distinct possibility that i may be having a c section this time. long story, but the last birth didn't go well at all...
so, as much as i hate hospitals and whatnot, it looks like that's the path we're going to be going.

i wish i'd have had a midwife for the last birth. maybe it wouldn't have been such a scarey, painful experience...

the ob/gyn that i'm going to next week was referred to me by a lady i know who said she was extremely nice and patient, so i'm hoping that i find that to be the case.
the one i went to recently was so wierd...i felt like i was having a military interrogation. she rattled off questions as fast as she could, and then when i tried to answer, she cut me off and started talking about something else. then she started asking prying (medically irrelevant) questions about my upbringing and family life and how they related to my lifelong struggle with an eating disorder. then she had to shake her head woefully, and tsk tsk, and tell me how serious eating disorders are (as if i, of all people, don't already know that...) she was so condescending. argh...she made me so frustrated i spent the whole day crying, and i'm not a big crier. finally, when i called her office to say that i wanted my records transferred to the new dr, she YELLED at me. i couldn't believe it. she had a tantrum like a 5 year old. it was so bizarre.
anyway, sorry for the long read. maybe some of you can relate to how peeved i've been about the whole thing.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:50 PM

hey welcome. they told me 4/7, then 4/2 and then yesterday 4/4, but i think i'll pop in march anyways. hope you like it here, lots of nice mamas

jen
caitlyn 2/9/04
edd whenever in march or april LOL
Old 09-02-2007, 03:46 PM

That's terrible about your care provider...what a PITA.

If you haven't, perhaps check and see if there are any local chapters of ICAN- those mamas know their stuff about cesareans and subsequent births, and you might be able to get some good advice about a care provider who would be a better fit. That sucks about your insurance. Sorry you have to deal with all of this. I guess better now than later. Good luck and keep us posted!

User Tag List