April Homebirthers - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 08-31-2007, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...It will be like a homebirth, but not in my home...it's at a center where it's really just a nice big room and you contract directly with a midwife that has privliges there (any licensed midwife in WI could actually). But I don't like saying "birth center" because there's no doctors, nurses, medications, they bring out the AquaDoula...etc, etc, and when I say Birth Center around here (meaning here in real life) people think of something that still involves a hospital bed and nurses and IV's but prettier wallpaper and gourmet coffee (yep, that's a major selling point at one new "birth center" here).

So long story short - does mine count? :

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#32 of 41 Old 08-31-2007, 03:26 PM

I'm a homebirther, my mw is content to chill in the other room unless I need her
#33 of 41 Old 09-01-2007, 01:16 AM

We're planning our second homebirth. I love my hubby so much. Went to the uni doc in a box because I thought I might have an UTI and she started spouting off all this nonsense about how "birth can go bad in an instant" and how is was "brave" (read AN IDIOT!) for having my first baby at home... DH was like, "well, did you tell her off? Did you cite all the studies?" and "don't ever go to that cow again. " hehe
#34 of 41 Old 09-01-2007, 10:53 AM

I could have sworn I posted here already!

Count me in for a homebirth, possibly UC.
#35 of 41 Old 09-01-2007, 01:34 PM

We're planning our first homebirth with a hands off midwife. I'm so excited to do things differently!

:::
#36 of 41 Old 09-01-2007, 07:45 PM

We're doing a homebirth this time as well! I couldn't imagine doing it any other way

Happy mama to L (Sept '06), R (Apr '08), R (Apr '10), and G (Mar '12)! - Homemade , Home birthed , Home schooled , Home grown

#37 of 41 Old 09-01-2007, 09:43 PM

I'm planning a homebirth. I'm not going to the mw until I'm a little further along, however. I need to call her and see if I can get in still. I'm a little concerned that maybe she will be booked or soemthing. I have no idea how ahead of time I need to contact her.

I also have no idea how we're going to do a homebirth. I think a water-birth sounds lovely, but honestly, I really don't like water very much so I'm not sure if that's what I want. I have no idea where I would birth if I didn't birth in a tub on the back porch, however.

Jen

Messianic mama to 3 boys, C (4 yrs), E (22 mths), B (newborn)
#38 of 41 Old 09-02-2007, 11:48 AM

Fire, I just emailed my midwife to let her know and ask if I needed to do anything to reserve my spot. She just pencilled me in.
#39 of 41 Old 09-02-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lszadk View Post
Hi MamaWolfe. I was just wondering what are some of your deciding factors? For me, I had a wonderful (albeit long) first birth in a birth center, but even then, I had the overwhelming desire to be home. I had not expected that. Immediately after birth, my husband and I were already saying, "next time, at home..." Would you be able to get a tub at home? My first son wasn't born in the water, but the tub was a huge relief during my labor, so we'll be getting one for the second child. I'm still not sure what the total cost out of our pocket will be, my first prenatal appointment is Tuesday, so I'll have a better idea then. I'm hoping not too much, because we are pretty set on it!
I posted that within a day of finding out I was pregnant and I think I just got nervous for a short bit. I'm over it. I'm definitely gonna do it at home!!! The birth center is 3 blocks from my house but, it's not home. I definitely want a waterbirth though, so I guess we'll have to get one of those tubs. My last one was not waterbirthed but I did have access to a jacuzzi for most of my labor and it was wonderful!
#40 of 41 Old 09-02-2007, 10:10 PM

Homebirth here (we're in western Mass)! My dd was also born at home 2 years ago -- but it was a different home!

We used a Rubbermaid trough, and probably will do the same again.

Oh, and, by the way: hi there, April mamas! I haven't introduced myself yet!

Meg, BFARing mama to two spirited daughters, born at home June 05 and April 08.
#41 of 41 Old 09-03-2007, 01:06 AM

April homebirther here!

This will be my first homebirth. Both of my daughters were born in hospitals--I would have had a homebirth with the last one except for the financial/insurance issue. After that birth, hubby said "No more hospitals! The next one will be at home!" I love him!

My midwife team are colleagues of mine and I love them so much. They already know me well and I can't wait to start care with them. Right now, I am with an OB/naturopath team through the first trimester--they helped me get pg, and they don't know yet that I will not be delivering with them!

I will be getting a tub... not sure if I'm going to the expense of the big rental or just using a blow-up fishy pool. I've had clients use the fishy pool with satisfactory results, but those were short labors. Any other feedback of the pros/cons? Also, has anyone birthed outside in a suburb backyard? We are in a fairly tight subdivision, with fences but the sound carries. I am thinking of fixing up the back patio with bamboo screens for privacy, but I know the sounds will be heard all around!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page