So not fair!!! ... Gross so don't read if you can't handle gross... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-31-2007, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That had to have been the worse vomit session ever!

My stomach had been burning for a few hours... pretty normal so far. But man!! I finally got ds asleep and I put him down and on the way back to the living room I started gagging. It was awful!

It burned so bad coming up and it was like my body didn't want to send it all he way up so it stuck in the back of my throat for a little too long. So I have to force it and that sent some into my nose!!! (told you gross) It burned soooooo bad too. So after suffering through that and all the horrid retching sounds one makes when doing this activity (most sounding inhuman), I blow my nose over and over and brush my teeth and gargle.... but I can't get the burning out of my throat. I've drank water and no help.

Why is there so much punishment to our bodies when we are trying to bring a new life in to this world?

At least my stomach isn't burning anymore. I don't know what I ate for that to be so bad. I really don't.
#2 of 7 Old 08-31-2007, 10:51 AM

I used to have heartburn like that, where it came up into my throat and burned so much that I couldn't breathe (literally) and some nights it was really scary. I had to sit up for most of my last pregnancy because of it and I was so miserable most of the time. I hope it's not too bad for you anymore because I know how much it hurts.

The only thing I'm grateful for with this pregnancy is that after my gastric bypass I have no more stomach acid so no more heartburn.....ever.
#3 of 7 Old 08-31-2007, 10:58 AM

oh mama!!!! I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. That happened several times with my first pg.
Luckily this time I discovered dandelion root and I am not m/s free.

Can you snort some water to get some of that smell out? Or use a neti pot?
#4 of 7 Old 08-31-2007, 11:01 AM

Maybe you can gargle with some warm salt water to help repair some of the damage. I would puke like that last time and afterwards I would knock back some liquid maalox to coat my throat and esophagus but I don't know if that is safe of not for pg. My OB never said anything but I don't think she knows as much as she should after going through that whole experience. This time I would just do a salt water gargle. We always used to do that when we had sore throats from a cold.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#5 of 7 Old 08-31-2007, 11:12 AM

or maybe a baking soda gargle... that's what I do after throwing up. Gargle and brush my mouth out with bs.
#6 of 7 Old 08-31-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH View Post
The only thing I'm grateful for with this pregnancy is that after my gastric bypass I have no more stomach acid so no more heartburn.....ever.
I'm going to be soooo jealous of you when I hit the heartburn stage.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#7 of 7 Old 08-31-2007, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

I get super bad heart burn later in pg. I get a prescription for Generic Zantac aka Ranitidine 150 mg. That stuff is a life saver. And you can get 120 pills for 10 buck where you have to pay $20 something for 20 pills of Zantac over the counter. I've used this stuff for both pg so far. I have already told my midwife I'll be needing some. She said not until after 12 weeks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page