When am I due?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-03-2007, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted on a thread awhile ago about a woman that was late. I said I was late too, and I'd POAS if she would, well... we both got AF in the next few days. But............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............. I'm pregnant. So not a planned pregnancy. DS is 6 months old. AF returned when he was 3 or 4 months, in spite of the fact that I am nursing a toddler and he is EBF. So, when am I due? I had AF on/around 6/12, 7/15 and 8/26. All normalish periods. Have had some brown spotting the past 2 days, but my cervix is high and closed. Today, I went to the ER because I was having trouble breathing (better now, asthma/bronchitis, blah blah). Doc wanted to do a chest xray to rule out pneumonia. They insisted on a urine sample, even though I insisted that I WAS NOT pregnant. I seriously argued with my nurse for 5 minutes. My son is EBF, 6 months old, we use condoms, just had a period a week ago, blah, blah. In the end, I peed in a cup, and it was positive. The doctors and nurses thought it was hillarious. Me... not so much. I wasn't ready. I didn't want to tandem nurse again, let alone 3 kids... my hn dd is unweanable I'm sure. I shudder at the thought of my ds losing my milk at some point. I'm having a panic attack just thinking about the logistics of 3 kids under 4. Two of which will only be 15 months apart. We wanted to wait. PPD and long sickly pregnancies have put such a strain on my life, my body, my marriage. Adding DS was so hard on DD, who is high needs, and just wasn't ready to not be the only baby my attention was directed to. I was getting so excited that evan was 6 months old and soon I could have time to myself. I was going to put 3 years into school after ds turned one. And the flip side of that, is the guilt I feel for not being 100% enthused about this pregnancy. I've had 5 miscarriages before 9 weeks. Those losses we so hard on me emotionally. I've needed progesterone supplemenation for both of my live birth pregnancies. So, I'm going to become a POAS aholic, and go to the dollar store tomorrow. If I'm still testing positive this weekend, I'll go get my cream. If not, then we'll know the 8/26 was a m/c, and I don't belong here.

hh2.gif

#2 of 3 Old 09-04-2007, 06:20 AM

Hi mystic . . . first, off, hugs to you. I completely understand your sense of overwhelm right now. And you're not alone in not being completely enthusiastic. I'm pregnant after a condom failure, at the age of 40; my youngest is almost 7, and we were done. I'm mostly happy about it now, but I have moments when I think this is a terrible, terrible mistake and I nearly hyperventilate.

To answer your question, if you're testing positive now, the most likely thing is that your 8/26 bleeding was not AF, but spotting of some kind (even if it was normalish heavy), and that you conceived after your 7/15 period. So that would make you due around the third week of April.

It's almost impossible that you could be pregnant after a real period on 8/26, even if you O'd way early (say day 5 or something), because the egg wouldn't have had time yet to implant.

Your suggestion that the 8/26 period could have been a miscarriage is also very realistic, especially since the 7/15 to 8/26 cycle was longer than the previous cycle (though I don't know how long your cycles normally are).

Good luck, and please keep us posted!
#3 of 3 Old 09-04-2007, 06:35 AM

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. Try not to feel guilty for your emotions on this. It's OK not to be thrilled at the idea of a new baby. I know I would feel the same way in your situation. Good luck.

mama to   broc1.gif DS 6/06 and banana.gif DS 4/08

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page