Halfway??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holy cow! How did that happen? It seems like just the other day...

So, do tell. How are you at the halfway mark?:
#2 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 02:05 AM

Im good! LOL tired of peeing all the time.
#3 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicavocado View Post
...tired of peeing all the time.
Amen to that!
#4 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

ITA! Even worse, I'm tired of struggling out from between dh & dd in the wee hours of the night to pee!
#5 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 02:10 AM

Definitely tired of peeing all the time... and my back issues are coming back with a vengeance which blows... but I am so excited about being 12 weeks!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#6 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 02:29 AM

It seemed to take me FOREVER to get over the m/s, and then we all got a stomach flu. I am finally feeling better and enjoying it while it lasts. I am also more relaxed because I can feel the baby more.

Mom to  DS (7), DD (5), DS (3), and stork-boy.gif in 8/2013

#7 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 09:53 AM

I'm almost there (19.5w). Still feeling crummy in the afternoon, even threw up on Monday trying to take out the trash. And my SI joint pain is kicking in making me walk with a limp sometimes. BUt overall, I have a *bit* more energy and I can feel the baby every now and then, so that makes it all the more worth it.

I have a feeeling that while the first half dragged for me, the second half is going to fly by.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#8 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 12:30 PM

I'm here and that is about the best it gets. I did manage to clean the living room and dinning room all by myself yesterday! And I went grocery shopping! But that is it. Tomorrow I go for my u/s so that will be fun. I hit 20 weeks today!
#9 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm 5 days short of the halfway mark, but so excited about getting here! If it weren't for the back-to-back nasty colds I've gotten over the past few weeks, I'd be feeling great! I can't wait to be rid of my current cold and enjoy the next couple of months before all the discomfort starts in.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#10 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 03:41 PM

I know, crazy, eh? I had better get busy finding day care!!!

My hips are freaking killing me when I get up in the morning, so far that's the worst thing that's happening to me.

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#11 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 03:47 PM

Halfway.... I am feeling EXHAUSTED. Luckily dh is starting to clue into that fact and is actually helping. Well, two days in a row he has been so hopefully it continues because I really can't keep doing everything (raising 4 kids, educating them, all household responsibilities etc.)

129ish days to go....

Hmmmmm, would anyone notice if I just went to bed and woke up in 129 days??

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
#12 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
ITA! Even worse, I'm tired of struggling out from between dh & dd in the wee hours of the night to pee!
i could've written that post - except that i'm squeezed between DD and DS, DH is on the other side of DD in fact i was just saying we need to rearrange so that i can be on the outside!

other than that, i'm good. of course, i'm not *quite* half-way... i'm 19 weeks tomorrow. but close enough!
#13 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 06:28 PM

mine is tomorrow and its freaking me out!! im not ready i have so much mor ot buy,knit,make,do......... :

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#14 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 07:09 PM

I'm 3 days past the halfway point! Still exhausted, that never let up from 1st trimester. Left thigh has been numb for a month now, but doctor says don't worry so I'm zen about it. On Monday my face all of a sudden got really red and hot, and has stayed that way through today despite some things I've tried to help it - lemongrass mint mud mask, calming lotions, aloe, etc. Acne is really bad now, too. I remember some folks talking about "pizza face" in the early weeks - I guess mine waited to show up until now. Using the body pillow every night helps with the hips and sleeping, so that's a blessing. I still haven't felt ANY movement yet, so I'm really looking forward to when that happens.

Lacy 35 and Chris 35, DS Jakob 2, and EDD 1/1/11
#15 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 10:30 PM

21 weeks here and I think I feel better when I'm pregnant than when I'm not.
Hate getting up in middle of the night for pees, and hate the weight gain : (although having the tummy is kinda validating ), but otherwise doing really well.
Love the movement and am really excited about meeting baby!!!
#16 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 10:43 PM

I'm either 22 or 23 weeks. I forget. :

I feel very pregnant. Can't imagine feeling any more pregnant than I already do. I have absolutely no idea how I will keep up with my 3 1/2 year old and 2 year old from this point out. Each day I get less and less done in terms of normal keeping up with life stuff.

I have so much to make and knit and a diaper stash to get started on too. Just not much motivation because it all costs $$ and I don't want to spend too much. So I technically don't even have supplies (yarn, fabric) yet.

I've started feeling baby parts moving across my abdomen. You know when you wonder if it's an elbow or a heel? This baby is a stronger kicker earlier on than my other two pregnancies.

I dug out my birth book (a journal with tons of papers stuck in it) and read my lists and birth plan and got on the birth forum with the homebirth supplies sticky and started a list for this time. I found all the blessings that mamas had written and sent with the birth bead swap from my last ddc. And all my pregnancy/birth affirmations. Oh, and my list of labor helps. I guess I'm a lister. I also found my birth art. It was nice reminiscing.

I'm exhausted when I don't sleep but pretty much okay until after lunch. I next to never get a nap because my eldest ds doesn't really nap anymore and he is way too creative and inquisitive to be left unattended (he likes to "cook"). Seriously, I need a clone of myself.
#17 of 23 Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 PM

Passed the halfway point a week ago and I can still remember those early days when I was so worried about something going wrong. I had one day about 8 weeks in, when I had a little pink discharge and completely lost it, broke down, thought we were doomed. I still worry immensely. I don't know if that will ever go away. But I've been feeling the baby kicking the last few weeks and that is really reassuring. On top of it all, I was dumb enough to opt for the quad test and got a call from the doc's office saying I was at "higher risk than most for my age group" for Down Syndrome and the lady asked if I wanted to do an amnio and have the lvl 2 u/s. I said no, I wanted neither. I'm somewhat concerned, but also kinda pissed that she didn't give me an exact number, so that I could at least have some perspective. I'm hoping my OB doesn't try to pressure me into more testing at our next appt.

I'm just trying to take it a day at a time and stay positive and hopeful for the best.

#18 of 23 Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 AM

I know it sounds naive and crazy... but... :
I'm very excited to be done with student teaching next week, so I can enjoy the rest of my pregnancy... and actually think about being pregnant.
Besides the tight clothes, I haven't really thought too much about it.

I'm pretty zen at the halfway point.
#19 of 23 Old 11-29-2007, 10:59 PM

I'm finally feeling great!

First few months were really emotionally tough. Then I was having a hard time with morning sickness. Then I was just feeling fat and yucky.

Now I'm finally feeling pleasantly preggo, my belly is rounding out & I'm getting excited about getting everything ready!

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#20 of 23 Old 11-29-2007, 11:19 PM

22 weeks here and I'm feeling big and awkward already. The nausea is gone and I'm a lot happier, but still tired all the time. This pregnancy is so much more exhausting and intense than my first and I get more sleep and rest this time! I'm loving my boobs though (now they're getting to be average size instead of non-existent). And I LOVE feeling all the movement-and being able to see it.
#21 of 23 Old 11-30-2007, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLY? View Post
I'm very excited to be done with student teaching next week, so I can enjoy the rest of my pregnancy... and actually think about being pregnant.
I was in grad school last time, and I know exactly what you're talking about! I was dealing with all the physical aspects, but it was like I wasn't really "present" for it. And I finished classes two weeks before my due date, so it never really kicked in!

This time... I'm feeling movement pretty regularly, and it's making me feel like "Oh, my, that's a PERSON in there!" and more attached and stuff. I'm not so food-averse or nauseous, but I'm still really exhausted and blah, not getting anything done... I remember having a LOT more energy my second trimester last time than I did in my first trimester, and I'm still waiting for that to kick in. :-/
#22 of 23 Old 11-30-2007, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLY? View Post

I'm pretty zen at the halfway point.
I can relate! I've got a final today, one tomorrow, and then one more paper to finish, before I can end this semester. I've been counting down.: My next semester starts near the end of January, so I have a nice long break! I'm glad. I so need it!

Back to studying.
#23 of 23 Old 11-30-2007, 06:11 PM

can't wait to hit 20 weeks...(1wk 2 days to go)...I'm having a scheduled c-section though (hospital doesn't allow VBAC and my husband would faint if I even mentioned homebirth) so I may already be at my halfway point!!

Lisa, homeschooling mother of three, Garrett (10/00), Ava (12/02) and Olivia (4/08)::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page