Bad Pregnancy Day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-17-2007, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh! I've had such a bad day.

Chronologically.....

- I had a dream last night in which I was telling somebody that I was sich of standing up for everybody else and having nobody ever stand up for me. When I woke up I realized that it's COMPLETELY how I feel! I'll speak up when I hear people talking smack about my loved ones, but I feel like I'm surrounded by people who will listen, not say anything and then either tell me or NOT tell me. It's sad. I need to know that somebody would raise hell for me (yes, this is completely melodramatic)

- When I found out that I was pregnant, a friend offered me all of her maternity clothes. We've talked a couple times about me picking them up, but nothing had worked out. Today I found out that she had offered them up to a group that we're both part of for anybody who needs them. When I let her know "Uh, yes, I still want them" she responded that her husband had already brought them to Goodwill. :

- I'm out and about today and stopped at Target for a couple things (I'm not a fan, but I needed to find some one stop shopping). As we're getting out of the car Amelia tried to dart past me into the parking lot. I use my lighting-fast mama reflexes to grab her before she runs. I give her the quick "That is NOT okay" talk and then look up to see a car drive past. The woman glares at me and shakes her head. I was so ticked off about that and trying to walking briskly across the parking lot that by the time I got to the store I was out of breath. I stopped and tried to ctach my breath but I just couldn't. Finally I realized that I was about to pass out. I grabbed the nearest shelf and lowered myself to the floor. Meanwhile my not-even-3-year-old is asking me what's wrong and if I'm okay. I look up (completely panicking) and watch several people walk past me...some customers, some employees....not one person asked if I was okay. I quickly grabbed the things I needed and paid. Then I spent 30 minutes in the parking lot sobbing in my car.

-These three things (along with my general feeling fat and gross and lonely) led me to cry uncontrollably on and off until I left for work 3 hours later.

I feel like I've done a good job recently keeping my emotions in check. But today was a complete slap in the face. I just kept thinking that I CAN'T handle this anymore.

I hope tomorrow is better.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-17-2007, 09:58 PM

Thats HORRIBLE. Nobody asked you if you were okay!? And you were on the floor!?

I've had a crappy day too. I can totally relate to your feelings.
#3 of 6 Old 12-17-2007, 10:59 PM

#4 of 6 Old 12-17-2007, 11:57 PM

Hugs, mama.

I had a sucky day too. Yelled at my kids and then cried in front of them. It's the stress of the holidays, probably the worst I've ever felt it, and I feel all the stress around me (like those jerks you encountered at the store) affecting me too.

I am so ready for Christmas to be over. It feels both crappy and good to say that.

Hang in there. We can sympathize.
#5 of 6 Old 12-18-2007, 12:56 AM

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#6 of 6 Old 12-18-2007, 01:26 AM

Oh, that is a bad bad day. I hope that you have a good night's rest tonight, which always helps. I have been getting tired and emotional a lot more recently... I, too, have had a coworker friend promise lots of maternity items, none of which have actually come to fruition - not nice, eh? Thankfully there have been other generous people in my life to help me.

Take it easy, no letting some judgmental woman (or any other mean people in the coming months) make you so upset that you almost pass out!

Big

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page