okay don't laugh at me, but... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
seriously... is it possible to explode from being too pregnant? I just took my usual weeknight bath and it was quite lovely. But as I got out and took a good look in the mirror, I can see I'm even bigger than in the picture I took last week. We're talking... gross abnormality here. Can my body REALLY take this two months longer?!? I've been there and done the whole bloated tick thing with my last pregnancy. I KNOW what it's like to be big. But this... this is.... freakish looking. I just don't understand how it can keep expanding without some serious reprecussions.

I know that sounds stupid and melodramatic-I just tell myself to think about all those women out there with multiples. THEY do it. But PEOPLE-I'm starting to grow horrified at the sight of this thing. It's like the belly that ate Manhattan or something. How is it physically possible to pack two more months of growth into this thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 12:31 AM

Yes. Pictures plssssssss.

I feel so large, but he is always crammed up in my right side. I said to H, "There's room for a whole other fetus in there." more to say I wished he would move over than to invite in an extra fetus. I can't imagine having TWO rammed up into my ribs like this.
#3 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicavocado View Post
Yes. Pictures plssssssss.

I feel so large, but he is always crammed up in my right side. I said to H, "There's room for a whole other fetus in there." more to say I wished he would move over than to invite in an extra fetus. I can't imagine having TWO rammed up into my ribs like this.
My boy hangs out in the right side also !!!

hola.gif
#4 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 AM

explosion? probably not possible.

feeling verrrrrrrrrry strange? definitely possible.

new pics!

p.s. i feel all my kicks in the right/bottom side too... does that mean he's hanging out there, or hanging to the left and kicking out over there? lol.
#5 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 12:56 AM

Ok, don't hate me but I'm starting to feel like the freak of the group. I am already measuring small but I feel like I should be bigger. I can still bounce up out of bed with no problem, no waddling, no one up in my ribs, I can still run up the stairs (and I'm not in that great of shape) and other than my insane itching from PUPPPs I barely feel pregnant.
I keep getting comments that they can't believe I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant because I just don't look it and truthfully I don't really feel it either. Dr is not worried because baby seems to be growing fine even though a little on the small side which I know is a side effect of my gastric bypass but babe is still healthy so I'm trying not to worry.

Ok, throw things at me now :
#6 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 12:58 AM

I feel like I might explode some days too!! Dh and I agree that I am as big now as I was at the end with ds and I can't imagine getting any bigger. I am growing out of my maternity pants and actually need the whole belly panel thing now or they just aren't comfortable : Thankfully the weather here is warming up so maybe I will be able to get away with nice baggy dresses and skirts soon
#7 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 01:01 AM

I feel the same way.

And then I remember that in the last 6 weeks I look down and think "I cannot get any bigger than this" and then double in size.

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
#8 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH View Post
Ok, don't hate me but I'm starting to feel like the freak of the group. I am already measuring small but I feel like I should be bigger. I can still bounce up out of bed with no problem, no waddling, no one up in my ribs, I can still run up the stairs (and I'm not in that great of shape) and other than my insane itching from PUPPPs I barely feel pregnant.
I keep getting comments that they can't believe I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant because I just don't look it and truthfully I don't really feel it either.

Well, you don't feel HUGE... probably because, even though I'm sure baby's added considerably to your dimensions, you're still a lot smaller than you were a year or two ago! ;-) Makes all the difference in the world I'd bet.

I feel like I can't move, but I get comments about how spry I seem for how pregnant I am. Again, I think it's because I'm carrying around about the same weight I was at the beginning of the pregnancy (too much ;-). Sometimes I look in the mirror and feel "big," but usually I think "when am I going to really look PREGNANT and not just fat?" ;-)
#9 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Ok, Im throwing my Laundry at you, Im throwing my DISHES, and a few tomatoes!

I drag myself up the stairs, (3 flights to the top floor where we live) I drag myself around work, and I grunt and groan when getting up from a chair, the couch, or even bed.

Im officially jealous.

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#10 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 04:53 PM

LOL! I'm only 28 weeks and feel like there is no possible way I could get any bigger. I second the grunting thing. Everytime I have to get in the car I make a grunting noise. It just comes out. People keep telling me I'm all baby but the way these once comfy maternity clothes are now fitting........

Amy
SAHM to a super sweet and sensitive 2 year old and a happy giggle-monster baby (1/2010).
#11 of 19 Old 02-13-2008, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Today as I was lolling in bed a few more minutes, I had to switch sides... apparently all the grunting and groaning I did really worried my husband, who had to come check on me to make sure I was alright.

You had asked for pictures-well, I finally took the time to take them. It's a REALLY bad one but it's all I have, as the battery was dying...Seriously people, I looked at Kjoy's last beautiful photo of the twins and herself at 29 weeks... and I think we're the same size.
#12 of 19 Old 02-13-2008, 01:39 PM

DH shot up in bed and asked if I was in labor last night becasue of the moaning and the owe owes that came out of me. I really feel like my poor pelvis is going to split in half! The idea of getting bigger makes me want to cry!
#13 of 19 Old 02-13-2008, 03:24 PM

alpaca - maybe that just means your bean will come early and you won't have to deal with as many weeks of being preggo?

as for me, i dunno, it depends on the day. there are days when i feel gigantically huge and uncomfortable and everything aches and i can't imagine 9 more weeks of this. and days when i don't feel all that big at all, and feel pretty spry and energetic and can't imagine i'm going to have a baby in just 9 weeks i'm a mess.

it is funny, though, to watch all my yoga students with gaping mouths as i do stuff to demonstrate. i'm really not doing anything all that advanced or fancy, i guess they just figured i'd be more.... hindered? dunno, but i get a good laugh out of it every time.
#14 of 19 Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpaca Wacka View Post
You had asked for pictures-well, I finally took the time to take them. It's a REALLY bad one but it's all I have, as the battery was dying...Seriously people, I looked at Kjoy's last beautiful photo of the twins and herself at 29 weeks... and I think we're the same size.
Maybe... you are so funny!
But remember, these are my first babies and that is your second - that is, your oooooterus already knows the routine and can stretch well, mama! If it would make you feel better, though, I could come to SD (I've never been before) and we could both waddle and groan together Or better yet, you come here - it's sunny!

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#15 of 19 Old 02-13-2008, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

GAWD- based on that last picture- I'll come there! We have rain freezing to snow and then more snow forecast for the day here. :
#16 of 19 Old 02-13-2008, 05:18 PM

This thread made me laugh - and feel a little better! While I started this pregnancy 10 pounds lighter than the first, I am SO much bigger! My legs feel like they have 20 pounds weights wrapped around each one of them. I started to worry about those recently swelled ankles...I ended up with HELLP last time, which they didn't discover until week 36 (and only because of weight gain and headaches - I never had high blood pressure). So with legs the size of tree trunks I was like, enough already, I need more blood work. So yesterday the doc actually sent me to the ER just to be safe - everything is A-OK (whew)...just need to come to terms with being bigger this time! But yes, the idea of 2 more months to go makes me think...how can I possibly get bigger... Not so much the belly, but the BUTT! Good to hear that hey, sometimes it just happens that way, and everything is still OK.
#17 of 19 Old 02-13-2008, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I wish I would have taken more belly pics last time, because I swear I'm as big now as I was when I delivered last time.

But, I figure if she didn't split like an overstuffed sausage, I won't either.

(It's Kate from Jon & Kate + 8 -- there are SIX babies in there!!)

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#18 of 19 Old 02-13-2008, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Oh WOW! I've always wondered what she looked like while preggo! Thanks for sending that! Whew! If she can do it... we can too, right?!?

Go MOMMAs!
#19 of 19 Old 02-13-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I keep getting comments that they can't believe I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant because I just don't look it and truthfully I don't really feel it either. Dr is not worried because baby seems to be growing fine even though a little on the small side which I know is a side effect of my gastric bypass but babe is still healthy so I'm trying not to worry.

LOL! I was the same way with my first pregnancy. I was due April 10 with DD1 and I recall paging through a baby name book ON MY BELLY in mid-February with no discomfort. This time around, I can barely move without being short of breath. I do feel like I'm going to explode as well. I seem to be measuring right on schedule, whereas with DD1 I was always on the small side. She weighed in at a little under 6 lbs.

Enjoy your small fetus and the flexibility it affords, lol. I was always so paranoid about measuring small, but it was no big deal at all.

To the OP, I *cannot* comprehend 7 more weeks at this point. I can barely move these days. Tying my shoes takes about 1/2 hour.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page