Restless body at night - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-10-2008, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that Restless leg syndrome can be a problem but I swear I have Restless Body Syndrome. Last night I couldn't sit or lay still for more than about 30 seconds before I needed to move again, it was awful. Add that to my constant itching and it was a nightmare trying to sleep.
My body will just not sit still, especially my arms and it drove me crazy. I think it was 4am before I actually fell asleep, luckily it was the weekend so I was able to sleep in without having to worry about the kids but I was still up for the day by 9am. Anyone else have a restless body???

At Noon I was exhausted and really wanted to take a nap but we had to go out and run some errands so my nap got put aside. My blood pressure has been taking a dive through the day as well and I get dizzy and lightheaded and start to blackout. I've been trying to snack on salty things but its not helping.

Ugh! How many weeks left do we have??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 02-10-2008, 01:23 AM

Not sure what's going on here, but I tossed and turned all night last night and most of the night before. It's awful. I hate being so tired the next day and needing a nap. I can't get anything done and then I feel the pressure the next night when the kids are sleeping and I'm wide awake! Thank goodness dh has been on vacation to help out. Maybe it's time to break out the chamomile tea?
#3 of 14 Old 02-10-2008, 12:01 PM

I've been having trouble sleeping too. Once I finally fall asleep I can get a solid couple hours in but it takes me for ever to fall asleep and once I wake up (because either my hip hurts and/or I have to pee) I don't sleep very well and usually just get up (like this morning at 5:30am).

I've been having baths at night and drinking warm milk before bed and that seems to help (the extra liquid doesn't seem to matter in relation to the amount I have to pee )

Melanie, Mum to DD1 (April 2008), DD2 (August 2010) and excepting #3 Feb 2012.

#4 of 14 Old 02-10-2008, 02:18 PM

Yup - so far its by far my worst pregnancy symptom.. drives me crazy!! I cant sit still to nurse my toddler to sleep cause my feet get it soo bad.
#5 of 14 Old 02-10-2008, 02:20 PM

For me, taking Floradix (the one in the red box) for iron cured my restless legs. It only took a few days. You can get it at the health food store and it's non-constipating.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#6 of 14 Old 02-10-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmck View Post
For me, taking Floradix (the one in the red box) for iron cured my restless legs. It only took a few days. You can get it at the health food store and it's non-constipating.
I'm glad to hear it works for rls, too. I just picked some up the other day.
#7 of 14 Old 02-10-2008, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Last night was the abosolute worst!!! I didn't get more than 15 min of sleep at a night before I was awake having to move. My right arm is the worst, it feels like I worked out with it and now my muscles are strained and it doesn't like to be kept still. I didn't actually fall asleep and get any real rest until 6AM!!! Luckily my wonderful hubby who still feels bad about the other night got up with the kids and got them dressed and took them to church so I could get some sleep in a quiet house.
I just woke up and right now I feel like I got run over by a truck
#8 of 14 Old 02-10-2008, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have Restless Baby Syndrome. I'm pretty sure if it'd stop kicking and go to sleep I could go to sleep too....

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#9 of 14 Old 02-11-2008, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmck View Post
I never thought about low iron being the problem but my OB did say that my iron was down to 10 at my last visit and should be around 16. I started taking my chewable iron tablets again and I noticed today when I took one that it really helped my arms. I'm going to start taking them religiously
#10 of 14 Old 02-11-2008, 02:13 AM

Every now and then - maybe once a week or less, my legs feel so restless. I mentally control it pretty well and it goes away after a little while but while it is happening it is awful! Thanks for reminding me - I will have a banana tonight for dessert so hopefully it won't happen.

I've been having wakeful nights, too, for several reasons. Aching joints, full bladder, restless legs, terrible heartburn, nausea, restless toddler next to me. Thankfully I usually only have one at a time! I keep telling myself it is to prepare me for all the wakeful nights I'll be having once baby is here.

And for "restless baby syndrome" - I get that too - I found that bouncing gently on my birth ball put the fetus back to sleep long enough to get settled back into bed. So maybe try that!

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#11 of 14 Old 02-11-2008, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

I slept last night!!! Woohoo! It felt so good to get more than 2 hours of sleep and I feel so good this morning.

I took a chewable iron last night before bed (my second of the day) and my restlessness felt so much better. I made sure to take my B12, Iron and Multi-Vit this morning and it really does make a difference. Plus I've been eating more red meat but I don't know if that's made a difference or not all I know is that last night I got my first good nights sleep in over a week.
#12 of 14 Old 02-11-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH View Post
I slept last night!!! Woohoo! It felt so good to get more than 2 hours of sleep and I feel so good this morning.
I'm so pleased to hear that the iron worked for you, too. Just make sure that whatever you're taking is non-constipating. You don't want to trade your restless body in for hemorrhoids!

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#13 of 14 Old 02-11-2008, 05:17 PM

i must not be sleeping well.. although i dont KNOW for sure. i could seriously probably get 12+ hours of sleep a night and still be exhausted, so i wonder how much actual *sleep* i get.

i make it a habit NOT to look at the clock when i wake up to shift positions.

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#14 of 14 Old 02-11-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH View Post

I took a chewable iron last night before bed (my second of the day) and my restlessness felt so much better. I made sure to take my B12, Iron and Multi-Vit this morning and it really does make a difference. Plus I've been eating more red meat but I don't know if that's made a difference or not all I know is that last night I got my first good nights sleep in over a week.

Yay! That's good to hear.

Night before last was o.k. for me, but something happened last night... Bad! I woke up so many times. It was awful. Most of the night, when I wan't up, I was tossing and turning. I'm going to try taking the iron before I go to bed and some sleepy tea.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page