I just spent three hours - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-22-2008, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nesting.

I spent two of those hours deep cleaning the bathroom (which hasn't been cleaned like that in probably about four or five months at least). I also organized the cabinet under the sink and the linen closet. I also packed up all of ds's dipes that he doesn't use (only uses AIO's for nighttime anymore) and got together a bunch of stuff to post on diaperswappers. I emptied the cabinet next to our computer (kids art stuff and computer stuff etc) and reorganized everything in it. Now I have the canvas totes that were in there empty and once I clean them I'll be ready to organize all the baby stuff that's been piling up in my bedroom.

This morning I spent an hour or so sweeping, moping and shining the kitchen floor (it was truly disgusting) and then I went to the bedroom and packed up my postpartum clothes (and a few size small maternity tops that I will use then too) in an under the bed storage zippy thing.

I guess it's hit me again. I know I'm going to go into this cleaning frenzy only to have to do it all over again just before baby comes
#2 of 3 Old 02-22-2008, 10:24 PM

Awesome!!!

Feels good, eh?!

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
#3 of 3 Old 02-24-2008, 08:50 AM

i've been going thru that...and with regards to the bathroom i totally screwd up. i wanted it to be really clean...like soaking the shower head in deadly chemicals to get all the limscale off from years of build up and whatnot. i mean serious cleaning with serious chemicals.

i then closed the door with NO WINDOW ventilation and cleaned while i showered.

the entire night my lungs burned of chemicals. it was hard to breath b/c all i tasted/smelled was chemical junk. i'm fine now tho. not healthy and probably dangerous for my babe.

please don't flame me. i'm ashamed : and frustrated with myself. The only good thing is my bathroom SPARKLES like it never has before. but worth the cost? Sigh. : : :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page