anyone else have a stubborn posterior babe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-30-2008, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My little bit is OP, and I'm pretty sure he/she is over 8lbs. There's not been a lot of dramatic movement, so I'm thinking he/she might be settling in. Babe dropped Thursday. It feels so different I've been calling this one Paul Bunyon and Placenta the Blue Ox. I'm thinking it might be a boy.

Anyway, I've been doing the pelvic tilts and everything as I am supposed to, but I just have this feeling. However, I'm not really worried about it. Anyone else with experience with this?

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2008, 07:44 PM

My baby hasn't dropped yet, but has gone from OA to OT to OP in the last few days. Now I have both feet trying to kick through my belly button.

I am doing pelvic tilts, but like you, am not obsessing over spinning this babe. I've done a back labor, and survived. If this is how the baby is meant to fit and come out, alright. We are estimating current size at around 7 pounds, based on my mw's palpations.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:57 AM

me too! he will not turn for anything. Ive tried tilts, sitting on my birth ball, crawling on all 4s and laying on my side for hours. they also tell me my little one is in the 8 lb area too!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:19 AM

i haven't dropped yet, but my babe is posterior too. both my others were partially posterior (sorta halfway between P and A - like sideways) and i had back labor both times. i'd certainly love to avoid it, and i'm not about to give up trying to get babe to turn, but i know i'll survive.

i do have some emotional baggage i know i need to get rid of, and i keep feeling like maybe i need to do that before the LO can turn. and the babe did come closer to anterior than ever before last week after my chiro appt. so there's still hope. i'm only 37 weeks yet.

but i am getting tired of s/he trying to kick out through my belly button!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:04 PM

Mine is posterior, too, and just will not stay put to one side. I can pelvic tilt him into a good position fairly easily, but he won't stay. I have been having some pretty bad back pain when he is directly posterior and, unlike the rest of you, I am freaked out about having a posterior labor. Your calmness is reassuring, but my first labor was painful enough and I would prefer to avoid any additional pain! I am hoping that since I can move him so easily that he will rotate in labor and come out without any difficulty. The annoying thing is that I have been worried about a posterior baby this entire pregnancy and now it is coming true! (I have been seeing a chiro weekly throughout this pregnancy and it was actually AFTER an adjustment that the baby turned posterior.)
Old 03-31-2008, 01:04 PM

Mine has been semi posterior for pretty much as long as I've been able to feel his/her position. 95% of the time, lying on its side, angled slightly up, feet pressing either out my left side or out my belly button. My other two kids adopted this position too, and I had wicked back labor with both of them. But both pivoted during labor and came out face down.

I have some persistent tailbone pain, mostly in my left upper butt that has gotten much worse in the last 2-3 days (as in my knees buckle when I stand up sometimes, or stabbing pain when I roll over in bed). I haven't been good about the chiro visits this pregnancy -- I wonder if I have some sort of pelvic misalignment going on that is keeping the baby stuck over on its side on my right side?
Old 03-31-2008, 01:28 PM

Bokoto - my sacrum has been misaligned repeatedly, he has to fix it every week. we're not sure if it's causing the baby's position, or baby's position is causing the misalignment, but it certainly feels better to have it adjusted. last week my SI joint was also locked up on that side.

couldn't hurt to see your chiro, even if it doesn't fix baby's position, it might give you some relief from the discomfort you're experiencing...
Old 03-31-2008, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

I've been seeing the chiro regularly since before I conceived this one. I'm doing all I can, but I don't believe the baby has much more room to turn around. I'm holding out hope that it will happen in labor. I measured at 41 weeks at 37 and a few days. I really don't see me lasting much longer. I'll be 38 weeks Wednesday.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

User Tag List