The *new* who's still pregnant thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I can't be the only one still around here with babe in utero

Come keep me company so I don't lose my mind reading all the birth announcements. How is everyone feeling? Any good tips on how to distract yourself during the waiting?

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#2 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 12:10 PM

Still here, and in no hurry. My EDD is 4/20ish, but I'm keeping my eye on May 2. We'll see!

What do I do to distract myself? Well... I used to spend all my time on MDC, until all these birth announcements started and I can barely stand the suspense sometimes.

I've been:
knitting soakers - 3 done, 1 to go!
Sewing diapers - 2 done, 1 to go
Waiting for my new snap press before I start any more dipes
Considering a serger - I wish.
Caring for my other two boys - very time consuming
Eating. Constantly.
Going for walks with the boys.
Reading my Bible

I may start longies next. Or I may dig out a journal. Or dig up the garden. Or clean something. IDK

Andrea, daughter of the King, wife of Neil, Mama to Jackson 7/4/05 Nicholas 12/21/06 Ezekiel 5/9/08 and due June 14!
#3 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm still a-waitin'. Not due "til end of April, though I do suspect this one will come a tad early. BH's are getting intense and the baby is so low now I feel like my water's about to break every time I walk or stand. But, we'll see.

I'm distracting myself my watching the Democratic primary nomination news on MSNBC and CNN all day while DD is at preschool. It's a totally great soap opera!

Since I have pretty much everything I need for the baby already, there's not much to do in that department, luckily.
#4 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM

I'm due between April 20 (when i think it will be) and April 29...and God, please not May. The sooner the better, I'm so ready and excited! I *think* I am/have dropped? I don't remember seeing much difference in apperance with Elliot, but i felt lots of pressure down there, as if she burrowed her head in some more. So maybe?

Distracting: My mom is coming TUESDAY! That will make the time FLY BY. I haven't seen her since Oct b/c we live overseas.
Reading all those books I want to get done with cuz soon time will not let me!
Reading my Bible too!
Going for walks.
And of course, checking in MDC 5x a day.
#5 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 12:19 PM

Not due until the 12th... of course, SEVEN moms with a due date on or after that date have already had their babies! (Several of those were expected early for various reasons, though.)

DH's work should be done with this nasty server move tomorrow. Then baby is allowed out whenever. ;-) We're not doing anything to try to "get things going" because actually, going into labor right now would be highly inconvenient. We'll start Sunday.

I have a feeling about April 11th.
#6 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 12:25 PM

I am still here. :cries:

We're at +2 days. My first was born +3 days.. so if I am still pregnant by this weekend which looks likely, he/she will have outcooked his/her brother!

Was sure that last night was going to be it. Had some pretty intense contractions, enough that I had another leak. Then....

Nothing!

Everything started to subside.

I dont understand. Last time breaking my water made things more intense and got labor on a pattern. This time around its like when part of it leaks, it releases the pressure.
#7 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 12:29 PM

Me

Here's the thing....Amelia's due date was late in the month, so I was completely prepared that be the last person in my DDC to deliver. This time, my EDD is 4/5-4/6 so I REALLY thought I'd be near the beginning. But here I am...again...being left in the dust....... :

Really, I feel great. I'm not sick of being pregnant. I just think the anticipation is getting the best of me.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#8 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 12:40 PM

I'm still here!

I'm not even at my due date yet (April 5th) but close enough that I am SO impatient for this baby to come. I know baby will come when baby is ready but why can't baby just be ready NOW??? <insert toddler style tantrum here>

I feel like such a dork because yesterday I was sure the baby was going to be here in the next 48ish hours because of symptoms I was having that are my normal 'labour will start soon symptoms.' As it turns out it was just a combo of forgetting to take acidophalous with the antibiotic I'm on (symptom #1 was diarrhea constantly) and increasing my RRL capsules and being a bit dehydrated (symptom #2 was cramps/contractions.)

I just pray I don't go over like I did with dd#2 - she came TWENTY-SIX days late. I don't want to do that again!!

Our digital camera has taken this time to start dying... so as impatient as I am for baby to get here I hope he/she holds on til I get a new camera on Saturday or Sunday!

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
#9 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 12:47 PM

EDD April 28-30 here!

Mostly I have been cleaning and further preparing for labor/birth/after weeks. Today I made some pizza dough for the freezer and got lots of cleaning done. I find that talking long walks is helping as well...however, with the babe's head being so low right now it can be a little bleh at times.

I'm already listening to my birthing affirmation for hypnobabies-- suppose to wait until 38 weeks, but Im ready at 37

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#10 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm here! And I will be for a while. Due 4/24. While I'd love this baby any time now because I just can't get comfortable, rationally my maternity leave package is way better if he/she stays in until the 17th/18th

To keep busy I am:
Still working f/t & assembling files for when I'm gone
Kitting up a storm: 3 soakers done, 3 sleep sacks & 3 pair of longies to go
Washing and re-washing diapers
De-messing my house

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#11 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 01:00 PM

My edd isn't until the 15th and my mom won't be here to watch the big 2 until the 9th. We've also had more money issues come up so that we don't have a car seat yet. Unless something happens soon I'll have to move the convertible ds is currently in to rf and not be able to take both boys anywhere for a good while. That's not going to make life easy so I'm hoping something works out and soon.

As for keeping busy I'm chasing after an almost 2.5 year old boy and trying to keep the house half way decent. I asked dh to clean out the fridge which resulted in everything in tupperware being tossed, but the shelves still need washed which is what I wanted done. I guess I need to do it myself or be more specific. I just got a bunch of diapers in the mail from a friend that I want to see about making some doublers for. I'm just glad I can do those on the serger I was given as my sewing machine is trying to give up the ghost

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#12 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 01:07 PM

I'm here. EDD is 4/20-22ish. I have never gone early before, but am giving myself a bit of hope since I have had quite a few mild ctx and low back aches. But I also know that those can mean nothing, too.

My kids are out for spring break next week, so I will be keeping myself busy by keeping them busy. I'm planning something fun for most every day (well, the dentist on tuesday lol) just to keep my DS from whining too much. And to hopefully make me feel less guilty for being a slug once the baby is here. LOL

After spring break, if I am still waiting on a baby, I may be in serious need of a hobby.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#13 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM

I'm still pregnant..
edd is in 3 days. honestly i was so ready a few weeks ago to give birth but now i'm too tired. I really don't want to go into labor today because i wouldn't have the energy for it. hmph.
i wish i could sleep solidly for a night wake up refreshed, have a nice breakfast and a walk and then go into labor late morning, baby out by night fall and all of it done and over.
that would be so nice. i'll likely go into labor in the middle of a fitfull nights sleep, grumpy and over tired.

: feminist mama to DD 04/08
#14 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 01:34 PM

Still here. My edd is somewhere around the 15th. I'm really getting anxious, especially with all the birth stories that keep showing up around here
#15 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 01:50 PM

I'm still here. EDD 4/18. First dd came on her due date, so I was really hoping this one would come early, however, I think it's just wishful thinking. I have terrible heartburn and can't sleep at night, which is making me really grumpy.

I don't have anything to pass the time. I think that is why I am getting so anxious. The baby's stuff is ready, the house is relatively clean, and I'm too tired to get out much with dd. I need a hobby!

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#16 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 01:51 PM

i'm still here! i'm not due till 4/20, and still not feeling like anything is imminent. i think baby turned out of posterior position yesterday which makes me very happy! and a lot of my aching is gone now, i think because baby is in a better position - must've been pressing on something, i dunno, but it was making me unhappy.

it's been raining here for two days and the kids are driving me berzerk. my fuse is so short - i feel terrible for them, but i just can't seem to be pleasant today no matter how i try

my main distraction today is straightening up. the kids really tore up the house yesterday and i had no energy after teaching last night to do anything about it. so that's the big plan here. if i get that caught up and still have some energy i might finish dying my prefolds and a few baby t-shirts. i've already done all my infant prefolds and a dozen of the premium, so just a dozen premium left to go and a few t-shirts. i lanolized all the wool my mom made me and now it's dry so i need to find a place for the dipes/covers now too.

i've been mostly staying off the computer because my ethernet card died and i've been using DH's computer which is slow as molasses and i just don't have the patience to wait for each page to load. but it's good, i think it's helping me to not focus too much on when the baby's coming and just keep plugging away at my days.
#17 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 01:54 PM

Me! me! memememe!

I also keep thinking this one will be here before it's due period. But no luck yet. I've decided to not get excited about contractions unless they break my water or dislodge my plug. I've been busy trying to keep the house clean while living with a toddler/tornado and two completely inconsiderate pigs. I actually spend the majority of my time trying to sit, stand, walk or lie down comfortably, usually with little to no luck.
#18 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 02:00 PM

"due" today...

about a fingertip dialated and about 50% effaced from what i can tell. been having contractions but nothing regular unfortunatelly

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#19 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 02:05 PM

I'm still here!! My EDD is April 14th, but who knows... I feel like NOTHING is happening but I also have no idea what constitutes something happening... hopefully soon though because I am going crazy over here!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#20 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 02:10 PM

count me in the still-happily-pregnant crew. EDD is 24th, so not expecting babe that sooon. @ the midwife's the other day i asked for a cervical check to ease DH's mind for a quick weekend trip to NY - still 'high and closed' so we've got a go.

life in general right now is pretty distracting: we're moving our biz so i spend my days keeping up with daily biz stuff, while at the same time pricing equipment, perusing craigslist and architectural salvage places for used furniture and fixtures, getting quotes from contractors, etc. at the same time as stuff like, yknow. calling the diaper service.

ack! i have to call the diaper service!!
#21 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 02:12 PM

Still here! Due somewhere around the 20th depending on if you listen to the u/s or when I know we conceived. I'm pretty miserable at this point, she's very low to the point where at times I feel like she may just fall out. I did a self-check the other day and could easily feel my cervix and fit 2 fingers in there so I know I'm dilated and her head is right there! Funny thing is that even though I've had pregnancy insomnia for months now the last couple of nights I've gotten really good sleep so maybe my body is gearing up for the big day. Both of my girls were born on the 11th day of their months so I think it would be neat if she decided to do the same so that's next Friday. I can deal with that, just come on baby!
#22 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 02:31 PM

Me!!!

I will be 37 weeks on Sunday and would like at least a couple more weeks. He's not "allowed" to come out before my massage tomorrow. I would also like to get a little more cooking/baking done.

I've been itching to do a "fun" baby project and make him a little blanket with minkee on one side. The store I went to today only had boring pastels though, so I will try a local quilt shop tomorrow.
#23 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 03:08 PM

My EDD was April 1st. I am now day 3 after. VERY impatient. I thought I would be one of the first in this due date club.

My midwife leaves for vacation in 2 hours. I will have to have her back up. Unless the baby is 11 days past due... (She will be back then)

I have spent a lot of time crying, as I really wanted my midwife. I have known her for 4.5 years, and she is also a friend. I have only met her backup 1 time. Her backup also lives over an hour away.

At this point I must just let go. The waiting game is terrible.
#24 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 03:15 PM

Here. 38 weeks+. My five year old dd has a cold and now I'm coming down with it. I guess I'm still not ready... I'm having serious lower back pain and cramping down low, throw in the occasional contractions and it looks like it may be weeks of labor for me.

The good things? I'm sleeping a little better the past few nights... Well, outside of dd's rough night last night. Still, we slept in until 10 this morning. Makes a major difference in my mood that's for sure.

How am I passing the time? Trying to keep the house picked up? Walking. Reading some fluff. Six Feet Under episodes. Mostly, driving everyone crazy.

My mil will be here next Saturday, so if he doesn't make an appearance before then, we'll have to go hike some mountain trails or something.
#25 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violamama View Post
My EDD was April 1st. I am now day 3 after. VERY impatient. I thought I would be one of the first in this due date club.

My midwife leaves for vacation in 2 hours. I will have to have her back up. Unless the baby is 11 days past due... (She will be back then)

I have spent a lot of time crying, as I really wanted my midwife. I have known her for 4.5 years, and she is also a friend. I have only met her backup 1 time. Her backup also lives over an hour away.

I'm not thrilled at using my midwife's back up either. Not that I don't like her, I do, but it's the same as you, I've met her only once. I'd rather just have the student midwife that I've actually gotten acquainted with. Sorry, you're having to worry over this now.
#26 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violamama View Post

I have a vacationing MW too. Mine is leaving Monday and will be back the 17th. I dont mind her backup, but I really want to have my MW there. It could still happen for you! (I know you dont want to hear that, tho)

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#27 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Oh good! Its not just me still waiting With all the recent birth announcements I was starting to wonder.... I guess you were all trying to distract yourselves while you wait. I've been unsuccessfully trying to distract myself by keeping the house ridiculously clean, knitting and shopping online The knitting went so well last night that while trying to knit a gauge swatch I got pissed off and threw my needles across the room : I think that I really need to have a baby soon before I lose my mind. I'm not due for 13 days but I went way overdue with my last 2 kids, so it could be much longer *sigh*

Here's to hoping that we won't be pregnant forever

~Rebecca~

#28 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 03:30 PM

I'm still here too! Due on the 22nd, but since my DD was born at 37 weeks and my son at 36 weeks, I've been expecting this babe any minute (I'm 37w, 3d now). So the fact that I'm mentally prepared for this babe to come now has made it hard to wait. Plus, I've had all kinds of pre-labor, prodromal stuff for the last 3 days, which I never had with my others, so I feel like my body keeps faking me out! I'm getting tired of the constant anticipation, being overly alert to the tiniest sign. I'm obsessing and I need to stop!
#29 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ATenthMuse~ View Post
Here. 38 weeks+. My five year old dd has a cold and now I'm coming down with it. I guess I'm still not ready... I'm having serious lower back pain and cramping down low, throw in the occasional contractions and it looks like it may be weeks of labor for me.
Oh no, you must have gotten whatever is going around right now. All THREE of my childcare options (mom, friend, MIL) are sick with it right now. So it would be a very bad time for me to go into labor, but lucky for me it doesn't seem to be happening anyway : I really can relate to the 'weeks of labor' as I did that with last baby and seem to be doing it again this time. The only good thing about it last time is that I had such a fast and easy labor. I better have that happen again this time

~Rebecca~

#30 of 68 Old 04-04-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer View Post
Oh good! Its not just me still waiting With all the recent birth announcements I was starting to wonder.... I guess you were all trying to distract yourselves while you wait. I've been unsuccessfully trying to distract myself by keeping the house ridiculously clean, knitting and shopping online The knitting went so well last night that while trying to knit a gauge swatch I got pissed off and threw my needles across the room : I think that I really need to have a baby soon before I lose my mind. I'm not due for 13 days but I went way overdue with my last 2 kids, so it could be much longer *sigh*

Here's to hoping that we won't be pregnant forever

I have to stay away from here at points or I will go crazy! Too many babies coming too fast! I'm happy for them, but getting pissier by the day for myself.

ETA: Mhm. Dd sounded so bad last night... It was like having a barking seal in our bed.

I hope I follow in your footsteps... After all this, we deserve quick births!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page