Mild pre-eclampsia and induction today... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2008, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ladies...I am so scared. Today, I went in for my appointment and it was a nightmare...bp was up and they want to induce me so things don't get worse. I had my usual NST and she is going good....and today I am 38 weeks.

Please send me lots of positive energy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 05:11 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry. It sounds upsetting.

Do they want to do an induction today? How high was your BP? I bet there are some other mamas on here who can offer suggestions re: their experience w/high BP.
If you do end up with an induction, you can do it!!!

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
Old 04-04-2008, 05:16 PM

s mama

I'm wondering how high your blood pressure was too, I had really high blood pressure with my first and even though they talked induction they never pushed me into it when my NST was fine
Old 04-04-2008, 05:30 PM

just wanted to chime in and say that this same thing happened to me. i had no protien no swelling, good nst's but high blood pressure (when i went in for my induction it was up to 1(some high number- probably 160 something)/117, can't remember the exact number but that bottom number freaked me out.

i was induced at 37w4d and my baby girl is perfectly healthy and fine, she was a little small- 6lbs 6oz, but had no problems with anything, was perfectly developed and we all went home the next day.

and the best part? i did it with NO pain meds. yeah, pitocin sucks. it hurt, but remember the ultimate reason behind the pain. to have a baby!

pm me if you need to talk or anything, but you will be fine. i was scared too, but high b.p. can progress into something more serious very fast. have faith mama, everything will be okay!

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
Old 04-04-2008, 05:31 PM

just wanted to chime in and say that this same thing happened to me. i had no protien no swelling, good nst's but high blood pressure (when i went in for my induction it was up to 1(some high number- probably 160 something)/117, can't remember the exact number but that bottom number freaked me out.

i was induced at 37w4d and my baby girl is perfectly healthy and fine, she was a little small- 6lbs 6oz, but had no problems with anything, was perfectly developed and we all went home the next day.

and the best part? i did it with NO pain meds. yeah, pitocin sucks. it hurt, but remember the ultimate reason behind the pain. to have a baby!

pm me if you need to talk or anything, but you will be fine. i was scared too, but high b.p. can progress into something more serious very fast. have faith mama, everything will be okay!

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee

User Tag List