Is this normal for you? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-16-2008, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't even remember bh with DS. With this pregnancy i have noticed the hardenig of the stomach here and there, maybe 1x a day.
Well ALL DAY every few minutes i'm experienceing BH. Seriously, like every minute. They don't hurt or anything, but geez its a LOT.

Is this what it is like for you? Anyone have THIS MANY (like at least 7 hours straight now of almost constant BH)?
Does this mean labor is very close? They don't hurt at all.
#2 of 9 Old 04-16-2008, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Yes, I've had the same thing for the past few weeks now. Some days I'll only have a few sets of contractions, but other days (like today) it seems like my belly is rock-hard all day long. I never had BH contractions with my last pregnancy, so I'm not used to this at all -- it's tiring!!

I wish that it definitely meant that labor was close, but as I said it's been a few weeks now and so far, no baby! I do hope that they're at least helping to dilate my cervix a little more. I've found that drinking a couple of glasses on water and lying on my side can help them lessen in intensity if they're really wiping me out.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#3 of 9 Old 04-16-2008, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

yeah at the moment i'm welcoming them b/c if it means my body will be more ready when the pain part comes, then bring this on! it doesn't really bother me at all, a little annoying but no biggie. Seriously tho, its like my stomach is hard most of the hour with very little break. Crazy.
#4 of 9 Old 04-16-2008, 06:11 PM

I had A TON on Sunday. I thought it might even be "it".

But it wasn't.

All those late pg BH can be:
-the uterus toning up
-caused by dehydration
-caused by doing too much stuff/running around
-helpful to turn the baby to an optimal position for 'real' labor

I noticed more BH w/ my second baby, and certainly even more now w/ my third.
#5 of 9 Old 04-16-2008, 11:22 PM

Yup, I've had them for weeks, I had them for over a month with DS. I also keep thinking "this is it!" but it never is.. *sniffle*
#6 of 9 Old 04-17-2008, 05:27 AM

I didn't have much false labour or Braxton Hicks with my first. I had a lot starting at about 35 to 37 weeks with my second. With this pregnancy, it's been more of the same... lots for the last couple weeks.

Julie - Mom to Elizabeth (Libby) age 6, Penelope (Penny) age 5, Elliott age 29 months, and Oscar who is 1 year old!
#7 of 9 Old 04-17-2008, 07:42 AM

I read this post last night and thought, well, I've been having them fairly frequently but not constantly - not enough to post. Then all night long after I went to bed, I swear if I so much as moved any body part from the waist down, I had one. We went for a brisk walk last night; don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I sure hope it means labor is close (tomorrow's my due date!).

Oh, and FWIW, I didn't have any with my first pregnancy either. They probably started 2-3 mos. ago and have gradually increased in intensity and frequency.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#8 of 9 Old 04-17-2008, 12:46 PM

With my first pg, I had one evening near my due date (but before) where I had a LOT of BH contractions. I went for a walk (DH was out for the evening) and they eventually calmed down.

I've had that several times this pregnancy. I had two days in a row of that all freakin' day!
#9 of 9 Old 04-17-2008, 12:48 PM

I had them constantly, especially the last two months. And for the last three weeks I had them every 7-10 minutes every hour of the day. Woooo!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page