Consistent contractions for many hours...? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2008, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been having consistent contractions about 6 minutes apart and about a minute to a minute and half long for the last six hours. They have not, however, increased in intensity. They definitely HURT and feel very different from the BHs I've been having for weeks. But should they be getting more intense to be "true" labor? Also, I can't lie down on either side or I do get a REALLY intense, very painful contraction. And peeing seems to make me contract, too. Is that normal?

Thanks for any words of wisdom!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2008, 11:10 AM

My labor intensified like MAD if I layed down on my side. Thats all I can offer, lol good luck!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:15 AM

well, everyone labors differently. but for me, with #2, i did that just about every night for close to a month before he was born. one night it was 8 hours worth, every 6-8 minutes. my m/w's advice was to take a warm bath and drink a glass of wine. they always slowed down or stopped when i did that, except for the afternoon i was actually in labor.

if it's during the day and you're feeling ready for labor (vs. middle of the night when it might be better to slow things down so you can get some sleep), try going for a vigorous walk and see if anything picks up.

good luck!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:17 AM

I second a bath and a glass of wine. If they aren't picking up then it probably isn't time, as sucky as that sounds.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:19 AM

This was me yesterday, and nothing today. So I guess I don't really know either...

Andrea, daughter of the King, wife of Neil, Mama to Jackson 7/4/05 Nicholas 12/21/06 Ezekiel 5/9/08 and due June 14!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 AM

I did that on and off for a couple of weeks before going into labor. It hurt and was tiring but it wasn't "it".
Old 04-17-2008, 12:45 PM

It took 36 hours of contractions that were at most 10 minutes apart and closest together 4 minutes apart, but at the end ds2 was finally born.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
Old 04-17-2008, 01:23 PM

I had something similar with both #1 (15 hours of no increasing intensity - and then 15 more hours of labor) and #2 (4 hours of no increasing intensity and then 5 hours more of labor).

Good luck, and just in case it is labor, make sure you eat a snack and drink water and rest to keep up your strength!

oooooo how exciting!

- 7; - 5; - 2; --due 4/11

User Tag List