Get This Baby Out!!! *Update* :( UPDATE AGAIN!!!! Post #1 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 56 Old 04-17-2008, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG this is testing my patience. Days of prodromal labor and it always fizzles out. I seriously am going to go crazy at some point. I've had acupuncture, I've dealt with every emotional "block" I can think of, I've walked and gone swimming. I just don't know what else to do. I have times when I'm happy and feel like progress is being made and then I have times like right now when I feel like the whole world can go to hell and this baby is never going to come. UGH! Today is 41+2

OK vent over. COME OUT!

UPDATE 1:
I'm 41+6 today (Monday) and a repeat C-section is scheduled for Wednesday. I am devastated at the potential loss of my HBAC. I've had signs of labor off and on for the past few weeks but so far my body just hasn't gone into labor. I'm so sad and no one in my family really understands. I once felt so connected to this baby in my tummy and now I feel quite detached from the process and the baby. I've done nothing but cry since Friday. We only planned to have two children, so unless I go into labor before Wednesday, I will never actually give birth to a child. It just wasn't supposed to be this way...I really thought I would at least have the opportunity to try for a VBAC. I knew that there was a possibility of transfer and repeat C-section, but at least I would have had a chance. And it just doesn't feel fair! I did everything "right" this time...midwife, good nutrition, exercise, hypnobabies, etc etc. I feel like I wasted a sh!tload of money, too. Midwife, childbirth education, homebirth supplies, the list goes on. And now we're going to have to pay for a C-section on top of it all. I haven't told my 4yo DS yet because I cry everytime I talk about it. He was very excited about the waterbirth and having the midwives come to our house. Thanks for letting me vent. Not a happy day here

Update 2:
At 4:20am Wednesday, my water broke I had a very intense 7 hour labor and birthed my VBAC baby girl AT HOME IN THE WATER!!! with only moments to spare before the scheduled c-section!!!!!!! I called and left a message with my Dr's answering service 40 minutes before I was to arrive that I would not be coming in. We are absolutely thrilled, relieved, exhausted, etc. My mom and son were there to see her be born which was just amazing. She was born with her hand behind her back and had shoulder dystocia which was quite painful and intense, but she is otherwise perfect! I am bruised and have some skid marks, but no tears. Today was 42+1 and her placenta was definitely done, but she seems so tiny at 8lbs 5oz. Her name is Mollie Annabel and she was born at 11:27am. Whew! What a roller coaster of emotions the past few days have been!
#2 of 56 Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 PM

Sending you labor vibes!
#3 of 56 Old 04-17-2008, 08:52 PM

You know I'm thinking a crowbar is about the only way to get these over due babies out, LOL.
#4 of 56 Old 04-18-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess3_2005 View Post
You know I'm thinking a crowbar is about the only way to get these over due babies out, LOL.

:
#5 of 56 Old 04-18-2008, 03:38 PM

I'm right there with ya. I've had so many false alarms that have lead to nothing, I'm losing my mind. I won't even know when it's the real thing, at this rate.

Happy mama to L (Sept '06), R (Apr '08), R (Apr '10), and G (Mar '12)! - Homemade , Home birthed , Home schooled , Home grown

#6 of 56 Old 04-18-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess3_2005 View Post
Please, tell me more about the crowbar induction method...

My OB included "baseball bat" in a random list of things to try this weekend... I think it's along the same lines.

I think baby's holding out for an Earth Day birthday. Or possibly just going to wait until about 6:30 p.m. on Sunday to break my water, so that it's too late to cancel the babysitter for our anniversary dinner reservations!
#7 of 56 Old 04-18-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironica View Post
Or possibly just going to wait until about 6:30 p.m. on Sunday to break my water, so that it's too late to cancel the babysitter for our anniversary dinner reservations!
This is probably most likely the case. Include that with the fact it's a full moon and that's about as good of an induction method as any!!

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#8 of 56 Old 04-18-2008, 06:05 PM

Full moon plus thunderstorms we are supposed to get are getting me hopeful. All of my kiddos have been born during storms hopefully this one will want to follow suit.
#9 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Update in Post 1
#10 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 11:43 AM

Ohh I'm so sorry. You have a couple more days, keep the faith mama!
#11 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 11:53 AM

My DD1 was my HBAC and she came at 41 w 6 d!

My midwife was threatening to transfer me to the OB I was seeing for shadow care if we went past 42 weeks. : I spent the last three days before my DD1's birth just crying and rocking.

I know how tough it can be when you're up against artificial deadlines.
#12 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 12:01 PM

I'm so sorry I'll be thinking of you and hoping that you go into labor on your own before then.
#13 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 12:08 PM

I'm sending you labor vibes, and also peace for whatever the outcome may be.

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#14 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 12:18 PM

I'm so sorry. I really hope you go into labor soon.

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#15 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 12:40 PM

many labor vibes to you, mama. Keep up the hope, you've still got a few days!

I'll be thinking of you. :
#16 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 12:51 PM

I'm in the same place mama. I'm 41 weeks Wednesday, and have been having contractions on and off for a week. Mine have just fizzled out too. I'm planning an HBAC too. Is the c-section something your practitioner thinks is necessary? Can they try some form of induction first? Will you midwife do an herbal induction? I so hope the best for you, as I know how you must be feeling right now. This will be my last babe too.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#17 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 01:22 PM

I'm so sorry, mama. I can feel the sadness in your words, and I'm tearing up. Will your midwife give you a few extra days beyond Wednesday, or is she bound by law to transfer you at 42 weeks? Hopefully something will happen on its own in the next couple days. I'm sending you strong labor vibes.
#18 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 01:36 PM
cmi

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
It sounds like your body has been gearing up. I hope that it picks up the pace so that you can have your HBAC! These rules about not going over 42 weeks raise my blood pressure. Sending labor vibes...
#19 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for your replies. This is such a hard time and it is so difficult not to feel like my body has once again failed. Midwives aren't technically legal here and since this is a VBAC I've been seeing a MD as backup, although I certainly never told him that. My DS was a "failed induction" and I never went into labor until the pitocin. I don't want another induction, especially as a VBAC, so the deal the MD and I made was a C-section at 42 weeks. He's kept his word and didn't pressure me earlier. Baby and I have both been perfectly fine during the whole pregnancy. I just never actually thought I'd be in this position. WTF won't I just freaking go into labor? This baby deserves a gentle entrance into this world. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE body go into labor NOW. If only there were a magic pill...
#20 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemiola View Post
If only there were a magic pill...

Ohhh, I'm really hoping you go into labor today!!! Sending good thoughts your way. . .

And I hear you on the magic pill. If you find a few, send one my way!
#21 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 02:57 PM

Oh man, that sucks so bad. I feel the pain in your voice and I can so relate as well since I am planning an HBAC too. (I wonder if we have the same MW lol).

Is there any way they can try AROM first before the ERC? I mean, worst case scenario if it doesnt work would be the c/s, so its at least worth a try. Even if you have to do it at the hospital. Please keep us posted! I hope, hope, hope you can have your vbac some way or another. Gosh, sometimes things just suck and are not fair!

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#22 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Ben'sMom - I think I'm using your midwife's apprentice You said a while ago that your midwife was leaving the country for 10 days and that matches. Sucks that GA is so backwards and names can't be used. At any rate, I've been very happy with both midwives and I know they want this to be different for me.

I did finally tell my son and he said that he doesn't want me to have surgery, he wants the baby to be born at home. I managed not to cry during the conversation, but I still find myself crying when thinking about it. I have to leave in 45 minutes for a Dr appt (NST) and they'll tell me when I have to go to the hospital for pre-op. I've been reading through threads here about planned C-sections and birth plans. Those are really hard.

Thanks again for the support. It means so much.
#23 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 03:15 PM

I hope you go into labor today or tomorrow!
#24 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 04:27 PM

Oh gee...i'm so sorry! I can only imagine the pain you are having as I fear not getting a VBAC as well. Peace mama...thinking of you....
#25 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemiola View Post
Ben'sMom - I think I'm using your midwife's apprentice You said a while ago that your midwife was leaving the country for 10 days and that matches. Sucks that GA is so backwards and names can't be used. At any rate, I've been very happy with both midwives and I know they want this to be different for me.
Small world, eh? I thought your timing sounded like the mom she was expecting to have already delivered by the time she got back. I even asked about you w/o knowing who you were. I am so sorry you are dealing with this pressure. I hope your appt goes well. And maybe that there are some other options for you at this late date. Gosh, even if you can push it to Friday (claim your DH needs to work the rest of the week or something) it might buy enough time.

#26 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 04:43 PM

My thoughts about on and off prodromal labor is that it usually means baby is in a bad position so labor stops. Have you seen an accupunturist or chiropractor? I'd do both before the c-section.

I'd also look around Spinning Babies to try to figure out what position my baby is in.

Once you've done those things then I'd suggest using gentle techniques like nipple stimulation.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#27 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 06:04 PM

I don't have any experience going through what you are now facing. I really hope your body goes into labor and you have your baby the way you want to. You could always not show up for the c-sec. I'm really sorry your hcp can't work with you on this more. Good luck and if you end up with the c-birth I hope you have a good experience. And you ARE giving birth, no matter what anyone else says. The surgeon is just there for the surgery. It is your body and your baby and your birth.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#28 of 56 Old 04-21-2008, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
My thoughts about on and off prodromal labor is that it usually means baby is in a bad position so labor stops. Have you seen an accupunturist or chiropractor? I'd do both before the c-section.

I'd also look around Spinning Babies to try to figure out what position my baby is in.

Once you've done those things then I'd suggest using gentle techniques like nipple stimulation.
This baby has been ROT/ROA for the past several months and hasn't really moved from that position at all. My placenta is high on the left. I've been seeing a chiropractor since 20 weeks (had Webster Technique many times) and had acupuncture twice in the past week. I can't afford more acupuncture. I think the spinning babies website is great but there isn't much information on ROT/ROA babies I suppose because that is considered a favorable position for birth.

I went for my NST today and baby looks great. I'm still doing great (physically, at least ) and the Dr wanted me to go over right after the appt and do pre-op. I managed not to cry at the Dr appt or at the hospital. The nurse was very nice and she wrote some specific requests in my chart: *baby is to stay in the OR with DH and not go to the nursery *absolutely no formula, bottles, pacifiers *no eye goop *no vaccinations
I also specifically wrote those things on our consent form. It was hard to be back in the hospital and see those rooms and so much that I just didn't want to have to deal with again. My DH has been wonderful, as has our family. Maybe baby has been waiting to be born on Earth Day?
#29 of 56 Old 04-22-2008, 02:02 AM

What about gentle induction techniques like homeopathy or accupressure?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#30 of 56 Old 04-22-2008, 08:12 AM

So I take it AROM is not an option? Are you dilated at all?

I hope you had a baby last night and that maybe there is some miracle to keep you out of the OR.

If you do end up with the c/s, I hope you take time the heal and grieve. Our local ICAN group is great.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page