Announcing... Update with partial birth story and more pics post #10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-24-2008, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is Stacee's husband, she asked me to post this for her, she will be home soon and will post more details.

James was born yesterday at 6:50 pm.
He weighs 9 lbs 1 oz.
He is 21 inches long.
He has brown eyes and light brown hair.
Mother and baby are very healthy.

To see a picture, please visit http://www.mountainviewhospital.org/; and click on the "Online Nursery" link at the top on the right; and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Stacee M's boy".
#2 of 14 Old 04-24-2008, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Congratulations mama! He's gorgeous!!!! look at those little lips!

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#3 of 14 Old 04-24-2008, 07:55 PM

Congratulations! Glad to hear you are both doing well, and looking forward to hearing the birth story!

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#4 of 14 Old 04-24-2008, 08:33 PM

Congrats!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME

hola.gif
#5 of 14 Old 04-25-2008, 01:18 AM

Congratulations to your family!
#6 of 14 Old 04-25-2008, 01:34 AM

Congrats mama!!!! I hope all went well with the "eviction", obviously it did b/c you have sweet little James! Yay!

and
#7 of 14 Old 04-25-2008, 09:32 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!

Lori, mom to Elise 6/06, Ivy 4/08 and pos.gif 12/11
#8 of 14 Old 04-25-2008, 09:35 AM

Congratulations mama!! (and papa! )
#9 of 14 Old 04-25-2008, 12:21 PM

Congrats Mama!!
#10 of 14 Old 04-30-2008, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone! I hope your all haveing a great babymoon! I'm recovering slowly but surely, my PSD was worsened during delivery and I can't sit for more than a few minutes at a time, so my birth story is going to come in pieces.....

Through out history story telling has been a way of preserving memories, passing on history, and entertainment. I wonder if this story I’m about to tell will some day be the story of someone great in history, or maybe it will be the story of someone great in my life, either way it is the story of someone great.

On the 22nd of April I went to bed having painful contractions, I as usual thoughts of oohhh maybe tonight baby will come, plugged my head phones in my ears and listened to some woman with an Australian accent invite me to float in a lagoon and surrender to a painless birth. Well as usual I woke up the next morning pregnant, dang those over relaxing hypnosis pod-casts.

The morning of the 23rd was different, this was the day of my induction. Unwanted, but baby was 9 days late and showing signs of distress so it was time. Today happened to be the day my dad had predicted months ago for baby’s birthday. My family always seemed to have some physic tendencies, and soon we would find out just how right my dad was. Of course I did not believe him because I have notoriously long labors, I was fully prepared for another long induction attempt.

Another attempt, oh yes another. Just over two weeks ago we had tried to coax baby out, 40 hours later I left the hospital pregnant. My little stubborn Taurus wanted to have his birthday and wasn’t going to give it up.

I am a person that hates to be late, and today was another day that thanks to my slow poke husband we were late for my induction, buy almost 2 hours. This of course did not put me in a very good mood, but he made up for it by taking me out for a quick forbidden breakfast of eggs, bacon, and hasbrowns. I don’t know who the hell made up the rule that you can’t eat during a labor/induction, but I sure wasn’t going to listen to that rule and starve.

I arrived to my induction full, happy and late. My nurse didn’t look too happy, but begin rushing through my intake by asking ridiculous questions. Do you have hemorrhoids? Umm yeah lady I have 5 other kids, of course I do and I bet they will get worse with this birth. You want to see them? Ummm, nooo, do you take herbal supplements? Of course, (me pointing over to my bag in the corner) they are in there. I don’t need to see them,(shes plainly irritated by now) just tell me what you take. Me, ok, “ Vitamin, E, VItamin C, Vitamin B, Prenatels, Red Raspberry leaf, fish oils... Her, ok next question. Me, oh no I'm not done yet. Her (getting bug eyed) How many supplements do you take? Me, ohh about 12 or so... Her ok we'll just skip that.

TO be continued
Continues>>>>

After than my nurse drug over the pit machine, which was set up when I got in. This ticked me off to no end because we had planned to start labor with breaking my water. (ok I know a lot of people are against this, but after the pit not working last time, and because my midwife was cool about not keeping me to a time clock I wanted to start this way) So nurse evil said well I'm going to put in a hep lock at least. Umm no you won't I told her. This really ticked her off, kinda reminded me of Steve Irwin the crocodile hunter when he says, now I'm really ticking her off in his austrailian accent. Of course me not letting her put a hep lock in led to her storming out to call my midwife. Apparently she didn't like what the midwife had to say so she didn't come back in untill my midwife came up and drug her in, lol. Score one for me.

My midwife checked me and found that I was a loose three, which begun the next 15 minutes of fun I like to call, Hell as she tried to break my water. Apparently I had the strongest bag of waters she'd ever encountered and could not get my water to break. Must be all those great vitamins she said as she winked at me and my nurse glared. She decided to let me sit on the moniters to get the 20 minute strip the nurse demanded. Well 10 minutes later I rolled over and gush there it went. LOL. I think the baby's head had corked it up because when he was born he had several scratches on his little noggin from the amnio-hook.

Ooops baby's up more to come.....

>>>>.

So once my water broke, DH whos getting ready to start medical school, wanted to see what it looked like and peeked under the sheets. I asked him what it looked like and he said scrambled eggs. Huh? Hmm, not supposed to look like that hon, thats meconium. I peeked and it was think yellow meconium that smelled something awful. Made a mental note to tell the midwife or nasty nurse when she came back. I didn't have to wait long because baby was haveing non-reactive fetal tones, which basically ment his heart rate was flat and constant, which is not what they wanted to see (It had been like this since the day before, which was the reason for rescheduling the induction) My midwife was not worried, the nurse was and demanded that I stay on the moniters until he reacted. So we tried apple juice, ice water, and buzzing my belly with an electric razor. They finally got him to react a tiny bit and my midwife declared me ok to walk around.

I was give a pad and some funky mesh undies and set loose to walk. I made it down to the end of the hallway where my water gushed out, down my legs, filled my socks and puddled on the floor. This prompted us to return to the room to clean up. This is how my entire 1 hour walking session went, walk down the hallway, gush, go back clean up. Finally I gave up and went to the room to sit on the birthing ball with a giant chux pad underneath me.

Babyagain more to come. ;0)

Oh heres some better pictures of my little (lol, yeah 9lbs 1 oz is little, LOL)
He's a week old today and already has gained 7 oz's at 9lbs 8oz! His little umbilical chord fell off today, aww sad!

James Today http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...t=DSCF3007.jpg
James at the hospital http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...t=DSCF2978.jpg
James and Christian http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...t=DSCF2992.jpg
James protesting pictures http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...t=DSCF2995.jpg
#11 of 14 Old 04-30-2008, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oh he is so totally gorgeous!

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#12 of 14 Old 04-30-2008, 09:06 PM

He is sooooooooo adorable !!!!

hola.gif
#13 of 14 Old 05-01-2008, 01:28 AM

He is GORGEOUS!! Can't wait to hear more of the story!
#14 of 14 Old 05-01-2008, 01:13 PM

He is precious!! Congrats!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page