Joseph Isaac is here! Birth story added post 8! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-07-2008, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my gosh. I'm only two weeks late letting everyone know. Sorry about that, but the little guy doesn't like naking.

Hubby is holding him and he's crying for me. I'll be back with pics and a birth story as soon as he lets me.
#2 of 9 Old 05-07-2008, 11:22 PM

Congratulations! Enjoy your little one!

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#3 of 9 Old 05-08-2008, 01:46 AM

Congratulations!

I've actually been thinking about you and the babywearing group, wishing that it wasn't such a long drive to attend meetings. I need some help with my wrap.
#4 of 9 Old 05-08-2008, 09:30 AM

Congratulations!

mama to   broc1.gif DS 6/06 and banana.gif DS 4/08
#5 of 9 Old 05-08-2008, 12:11 PM

CONGRATS! :
#6 of 9 Old 05-09-2008, 12:56 PM

Congrats! Our little one has Issac as a middle name too (after Issac Asimov... a middle name from a dead sci-fi author is a running theme for us ;-).
#7 of 9 Old 05-09-2008, 02:02 PM

Congrats momma!

hola.gif
#8 of 9 Old 05-10-2008, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

I finally have a couple minutes to type out a quick birth story. Here it goes.

I woke up on Thursday to get the 8 year old off to school. Started having contractions at about 8am, but they felt just like the contractions that I'd been having for the last two weeks, so I didn't really think anything about it. We went shopping to get last minute first communion stuff for our oldest. At about 1:30 I had my first contraction that kind of hurt in a check out line. I decided to start timing them. They were 3 minutes apart.

So, when we got home, I called my doc and went in to have a non-stress test. I didn't think that I was in labor, as I've never gone into labor naturally before (cervadil with the first and pit with the second), so I drove to the doc myself. The doc (not my normal doc) says that I am in "very, very early labor" and am still just 2 centemeters. Tells me to go home, take a nap, etc. By the time I leave, I'm breathing through contractions and had to call Hubby to come pick me up.

When we got home (about 3), we called people to come get the other kids. By the time they left, I was on my hands and knees moaning through hard, very quick (30-40 seconds; very close together) contractions. We left the house a little after 4 to go to the hospital.

I had one contraction on top of another in the car, but thankfully we live about 5 minutes from the hospital. I went into triage for a while while they got my room ready and I was 4-5.

We got to my room--my wonderful doula picked out the room furthest from the nurses station so that I would be left alone. I got straight on the birth ball. Hubby put in our 50 minute long labor CD. Contractions were coming fast fast fast and quick. At one point, I asked someone to check me. I was 8 cm with a bulging bag. Got back on the ball and had to push with that contraction. I told them that I was pushing, so they called the doc, but didn't seem too concerned that the baby was coming any time soon. I had another contraction and my water broke, but just trickled as the baby's head was blocking it. I kept pushing and told them. No one seemed to care. I looked up at my doula and told her, "It's burning. The baby is coming." She tried to tell the folks (teaching hospital--we had an intern and a med student), but they didn't seem to know what to do. So, I stood up off of the ball to show them. Hubby said that Joseph's head was out a couple inches. At that point, people really moved.

They told me to get on the bed. I tried to take a breath, but couldn't and just leaped onto the bed on my hands and knees as Joseph was born. It was amazing. He was born at 5:20pm. Our CD was about half over.

I feel like I finally got the birth that I wanted. Natural. No one telling me what to do, or really paying much attention to me at all (hospital staff, I mean). Delivered on my hands and knees. No tearing. Super quick. We left the hospital in about 27 hours despite being GBS+.

Perfect.

I cannot recomend getting the obgyn and the pedi to sign the birthplan in advance if having a hospital birth. If anyone had a problem with anything that I was doing, Hubby or doula said, "the doc signed off on it."

It was just wonderful.
#9 of 9 Old 05-10-2008, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennisee View Post
Congratulations!

I've actually been thinking about you and the babywearing group, wishing that it wasn't such a long drive to attend meetings. I need some help with my wrap.
You know, we've had a road trip before and I'd like to have another one. Maybe we could all meet in the middle somewhere. Are you a member yet?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page