Anyone else have a boob monster!!!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-10-2008, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear my child would be on the boob 24/7 if I let her, she eats, breathes, sleeps, dreams nursing and attacks the boob every chance she gets.
She's already more than 8lbs now and was 6lbs8oz when we left the hospital so she's gained almost 2lbs in 2 weeks!!
I must admit even though I love nursing it's a little tiring, if she's not sleeping she's eating and she doesn't sleep much during the day so we nurse almost non-stop from sun up to sun down.

Anyone else? How are you handling it?

My DH is out of town too and won't be home until July so it's so hard with 3 other kids who need me too and I feel tied down with her at times. Is it just a growth spurt? Is my milk not sustaining her enough to where she feels the need to eat all the time?? I feel a mini-nervous breakdown coming on if she keeps this up
#2 of 10 Old 05-10-2008, 01:09 PM

Yes! I'm NAK right now. I've had worries about supply, too, but I know she's getting at least a fair amount because she spits up throughout the day, and sometimes gets overwhelmed by the amount of milk coming out when she nurses and has to pull off to catch her breath...

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#3 of 10 Old 05-10-2008, 01:22 PM

My baby was born the day after yours and she just went through a huge growth spurt this last week and has nursed non-stop. Last night was the first time she slept for a really long time without being restless or hungry so I think we're past the spurt, but jeez it was a hard few days. I have 3 older ones, too and I do have my husband but I've gone back to my working an hour a day out of the house and working in my studio at home a little so it's hard not to feel overwhelmed by the LO needing to be attached to the boob constantly. Hang in there!

homebirth.jpgMama to 4 girls and forever missing Bright 6/12/10. Married to my best friend and dreaming of the day we leave the city for chicken3.gif
#4 of 10 Old 05-10-2008, 01:33 PM

C is taking good naps so he's not on the boob all the time but when he wnats it he roots arond ferociously

i would worry about whether she's getting enough if she's gained what she has
#5 of 10 Old 05-10-2008, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

I'm hoping its just a growth spurt but she's basically been this way since birth so I'm thinking not!
I had gastric bypass 2 years ago which is why I wonder if maybe my milk is not enough for her, but I guess if she's gaining weight steadily (and she is) then we're ok. I have been told that it's my body that will suffer nutrition wise and not hers so I've really been trying to eat enough and take all of my supplements plus a little more. I'm having a hard time with the eating part though and am steadily losing weight. Ack, I'm such a worrier though so I can't help it. I just want to be enough for her because I don't want to suppliment
#6 of 10 Old 05-11-2008, 03:26 PM

Yep Kalum is too...He loves even just hanging out there even if he's not actively nursing...dh teases that LO probably dreams of them even when he's not sleeping. He is gaining lots of weight so I am not concerned.
#7 of 10 Old 05-11-2008, 03:39 PM

Mine is on the boob all of the time. She uses it as a pacifier a lot, too, and gets REALLY mad that milk comes out when she doesn't want it to. My first daughter nursed ok and liked a pacifier, but this one only likes the boob. Oh well.

I would say that you are doing great!!! If she's gaining weight like that I can't see any reason you would need to supplement. Try not to worry about it so much and just remember to eat healthy. Your body will do the rest!!

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#8 of 10 Old 05-11-2008, 04:57 PM

My son is like that too... when he is awake he pretty much wants to nurse all the time!! It does get tiring but it is better then the nursing refusal thing we had going on the first week we were home!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#9 of 10 Old 05-14-2008, 09:08 PM

My girl loves the mammies.....she is up 3lbs from her birth weight and is only 5 weeks old.
#10 of 10 Old 05-15-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaayeh View Post
Mine is on the boob all of the time. She uses it as a pacifier a lot, too,
Ditto x2. I'm trying to stop using boob as pacifier frequently, b/c it would soon become unmanageable w/two of them. Plus, dh needs to be able to calm them as well!

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page