Can I lament? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-13-2008, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
While boiling my pump parts etc. (gotta boil everything with thrush...) I got overzealous and somehow dumped boiling water on myself... down one breast and down my abdomen. I kind of went into shock.. stood in my tub while the cold water was running and just sort of screamed. H didn't know what to do, he did that chuckly "oh sweety" thing he does when I do something stupid, and then realized I was in a lot of pain and brought in ice and such.. it stung to pour water over it.

So I have puffy red burns all over me, and I am in worlds of pain. I just took a percocet, I didn't know what else to do. Benzocaine didn't help. I can't really afford to go to the ER for pain meds, so this will have to work for me for tonight.

Nursing is awful. I scream and cry.. now not only is nursing painful but it hurts just to bear his weight on my torso. When he roots, I just start crying.

Pardon the "woe is me" moment, but seriously what next? Fourth degree tear, almost 2 weeks in the NICU, PPD, weeks of painful nursing, another 2 week stay in a hospital, thrush, and now this? I'm beginning to think I'm not cut out for motherhood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 04:11 AM

GASP! gentle
Not that those really help you...

Oh sweetie I don't know what to write. I feel soooo much for you right now. :

You really need to get some treatment at the ER if you can. I know you said that $ is an issue, but...burns can be bad and you need proper healing!

Oh ug. i'm so sorry this has all happened to you. It will get better. It will. Praying for you in all of this.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:42 AM

OMG OMG OMG sweetie

you poor baby ... sending you love and light. can we take up a collection to help you get treatment for your burns? do you have a paypal acct?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:52 AM

nak

do you have/can you get apple cider vinegar? (actually i think any vinegar is fine)

i know its not the same thing but i am extremely pale and I've gotten some pretty severe burns while lifeguarding (darn you augusts in florida) like I'm talking yellow blisters, pus, had to cover with gauze, almost got fired because i didn't use sunscreen, pretty serious nasty stuff and when NOTHING would make them feel better a little dab of vinegar on the suckers took away the burn.

maybe try that? it won't make it hurt worse at least i can promise that. <3

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
Old 05-13-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicavocado View Post
While boiling my pump parts etc. (gotta boil everything with thrush...) I got overzealous and somehow dumped boiling water on myself... down one breast and down my abdomen. I kind of went into shock.. stood in my tub while the cold water was running and just sort of screamed. H didn't know what to do, he did that chuckly "oh sweety" thing he does when I do something stupid, and then realized I was in a lot of pain and brought in ice and such.. it stung to pour water over it.

So I have puffy red burns all over me, and I am in worlds of pain. I just took a percocet, I didn't know what else to do. Benzocaine didn't help. I can't really afford to go to the ER for pain meds, so this will have to work for me for tonight.

Nursing is awful. I scream and cry.. now not only is nursing painful but it hurts just to bear his weight on my torso. When he roots, I just start crying.

Pardon the "woe is me" moment, but seriously what next? Fourth degree tear, almost 2 weeks in the NICU, PPD, weeks of painful nursing, another 2 week stay in a hospital, thrush, and now this? I'm beginning to think I'm not cut out for motherhood.
Are you coming to STL again??? When/If you do we need to pow wow. Ow and I have been dealing with thrush for almost a month now and it truly truly sucks .......................
Sending you lots of needed hugs

hola.gif
Old 05-13-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyinmama View Post
OMG OMG OMG sweetie

you poor baby ... sending you love and light. can we take up a collection to help you get treatment for your burns? do you have a paypal acct?
Good Idea!!!

hola.gif
Old 05-13-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmama View Post
You really need to get some treatment at the ER if you can. I know you said that $ is an issue, but...burns can be bad and you need proper healing!
: Oh no, I'm so sorry! Instead of the ER, can you see your family doctor or a walk-in clinic? I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon.

As for sterilizing your pump parts, I have this and LOVE it. I just put all the parts in the bowl, pour in 7 oz of water, snap on the lid, and microwave for a few minutes. SO easy.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:15 PM

s: poor sweety!

You are doing a great job mama! You've had a rough go of it.. but these things you've been through have made you a stronger momma. You'll pull through this too, and hopefully nature will give you a good break for awhile.

For your burn, i might try aloe. The plant. Some places sell the gel only. if you can find this, I suggest this.. and put it straight in the fridge!! Feels great on a burn.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:59 PM

oh honey it hurts just thinking about it!

i agree about the aloe - direct from the plant is best, but the gel you can buy in the store is OK too, and ita with refrigerating it too. i always keep some aloe in the freezer (from when we trimmed down our plant) so all i have to do is thaw it out a little when needed. it really will help. also, do you have any arnica? it will likely help with the swelling and help your body heal.

and i second the recommendation to skip the ER, but try to get in to see a GP. even if you have to pay cash, it'll be more like $75 instead of crazy hundreds of dollars like it would at the ER, and they can probably prescribe something that will help with the pain and with the burn.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:04 PM

Just sending hugs and healing vibes...you have been through so much!!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

I still need to try and find a GP. I havent found one I mesh with well yet. I would go if I had one..

The night was okay. I'm still so extremely tender, especially my breast.. H is going to get some aloe for me on the way home. I was pretty emotionally rocky last night, it just feels like one thing on top of the other. Thankfully Klaus has been kind today, he's been so easy, yesterday it was apparent he didn't feel well and wore me down. He's lucky he's freakin adorable.

Thank you for offering to take up a collection.. it means so much. Thats okay. If I feel the damage warrants it, I will find someone to see. I'm wallowing in medical bills, whats one more, right?

Last night it hurt to splash water on it.. is it going to be like that always? Id like to take a bath and relax and just regroup but I'm terrified that it will hurt.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:46 PM

Step 1) Get a bag of frozen peas (or two) and aloe.
step 2) put aloe in freezer, take peas to bathroom.
Step 3) Run bath. Get in. Place bags of peas on burns.
step 4) Relax until aloe is cold. Make husband bring aloe.
Step 5) Drain water until below burns. Remove one bag of peas at a time and cover burns with cold aloe. THEN you can get out.
Step 6) Heal and quit beating yourself up so much. Motherhood is rough, but you're definitely cut out for it! I'm sorry that things aren't going your way. Just remember, the burns will heal, so will the cracks, and the nursing will get better, and you LO is only going to get cuter in the mean time.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh no!

I'm sending you positive, healing energy!!!

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

Old 05-14-2008, 06:59 PM

you need some rescue remedy and comfrey in any form (salve may be a little heavy at this point but I know Dr. Christophers' BF&C is an herbal salve specific for this type of injury and it works GREAT (personal experience here!!!).
Old 05-14-2008, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

nak

thanks for the recs. the salve looks awesome!

User Tag List