Wah! Stop growing baby! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 05-31-2008, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This evening I just put away a bunch of clothes Carly has already outgrown! I cant beleive she is growing so fast. She is my last and now the concrete act of getting rid of baby clothes forever is making me so sad.

Anyone else already outgrowing 0-3 stuff?

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#2 of 23 Old 05-31-2008, 08:22 PM

Dd has outgrown a few 0-3 onesies. It makes me sad Dh and I are already talking about trying for #2... (although since I had a c-section, it probably won't be until around Dec though).

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#3 of 23 Old 05-31-2008, 08:54 PM

DS outgrew all his 0-3 and all his newborn dipes a week ago. I still have them all in piles on the guest bed.
What's the best way to store these? Should I use a cardboard box, or get a plastic tub??
I had almost nothing for 3-6 months besides some old hand me down onesies, so I had a good time shopping at 2ndhand stores and Target this week to get him some cute stuff!
Splath...you are CRAZY girl!! It's gonna be a couple years I think before I'll be ready to go thru all that again!

Life with a toddler: it's not so much the volume, it's the pitch!
#4 of 23 Old 05-31-2008, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

oh yeah, i have so little in 3-6m since dd was born in nov and her 3-6 stuff is all wintery. i need to shop!

i would use plastic bins.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#5 of 23 Old 05-31-2008, 10:49 PM

my gosh, I know!

Not only is it sad to say goodbye to the tiny stuff, but that was the STUFF for this baby--I didn't plan on having larger sized baby clothes at almost 4 weeks, so I don't have any!

I am frantically trying to get enough cloth dipes to replace the newborn stash (that I thought would have lasted me another 3 weeks, but this baby is a giant) and I have just a handful of clothes that fit this little man.
#6 of 23 Old 05-31-2008, 10:53 PM

Yep mine has started to grow out of most 0-3 stuff but fortunately I got a ton of 3-6 mos summer clothes hand me downs and it is in the high 80's here now I was a bit worried when the first part of May was so cold as I had NOTHING 3-6 mos fall/winter so he lived in sleepers with onesies underneath!

This too is my last one so no need to pack stuff away again
#7 of 23 Old 05-31-2008, 11:07 PM

My LO has outgrown all her 0-3 clothes and some of her 3-6. It's going too fast!!

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
#8 of 23 Old 06-01-2008, 12:33 AM

I'm still waiting for her to grow "into" the 0-3 month clothes, they are all still too big. She's wearing them but they almost fall off of her, I have a little peanut
#9 of 23 Old 06-01-2008, 11:01 AM

yup - i put a 0-3 tshirt on her this morning and thought "hmmm... that's not going to fit next time i put it on!" her little belly is sticking out the bottom

totally OT, but splath - OMG i can't believe you're already thinking about TTC! keep in mind, though, that your cycles might not have returned by December if you're still bf'ing on demand. with #1 my cycles returned at 10 months post partum, with #2 it was 15 months. a good friend of mine didn't get her cycles back after #1 until he was 2 yo.
#10 of 23 Old 06-01-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiepunk View Post

totally OT, but splath - OMG i can't believe you're already thinking about TTC! keep in mind, though, that your cycles might not have returned by December if you're still bf'ing on demand. with #1 my cycles returned at 10 months post partum, with #2 it was 15 months. a good friend of mine didn't get her cycles back after #1 until he was 2 yo.
I know We'll likely just stop using protection then. I have pcos, too, and it took us 2 years to conceive dd, so it could take us quite a while. Dh is ready to start trying now

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#11 of 23 Old 06-01-2008, 01:15 PM

LOL, my dh is just wishing we could dtd. First time was this weekend at 8 weeks because we haven't had time, energy or a moment alone. Ugh. But I wouldn't mind going through the whole experience again. We'll wait for spacing purposes and I wouldn't want my milk supply to dry up from pregnancy.

My baby started at 6 lbs. So tiny! Now he is getting big enough for the 0-3 month clothes. *sigh* Not quite, though. He is putting on weight, he's getting so chubby in the legs and tummy and face. But he looks like he's swimming in some of the 0-3 month clothes.

I've heard you're supposed to store dipes and clothes in paper/cardboard boxes because if you leave it in plastic, the organic compounds will escape the material but get stuck in the plastic tub and makes everything stinky. I've even heard you can line shoeboxes with tissue paper if you don't have anything else. I've used baby shower gift bags, too.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#12 of 23 Old 06-01-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH View Post
I'm still waiting for her to grow "into" the 0-3 month clothes, they are all still too big. She's wearing them but they almost fall off of her, I have a little peanut
Yup thats where we're at too...very exciting since nearly everything was too big for her until now, and we only had 5-6 newborn things that actually fit properly.
#13 of 23 Old 06-01-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splath View Post
Dd has outgrown a few 0-3 onesies. It makes me sad Dh and I are already talking about trying for #2... (although since I had a c-section, it probably won't be until around Dec though).
So glad to hear I'm not the only one who already wants another! I won't TTC before a year and will spend that year trying to convince myself I should wait longer. Not sure I CAN be convinced though...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#14 of 23 Old 06-02-2008, 12:29 PM

DS outgrew most of 0-3 month clothes at 5 weeks, and it was kind of hard on me. I haven't even put them away yet. They're still taking up a dresser drawer because I can't bring myself to go through them.

Now, at 9 weeks, a few of his 3-6 month clothes are starting to get snug, but I think most of them will last a while longer. I had him in a 6-9 onesie this weekend and it wasn't even that big on him.
#15 of 23 Old 06-03-2008, 07:40 PM

Trevor is a month and a half old and still fits in all his 0-3 month stuff... he is around 12 pounds but is pretty short and solid so he hasn't outgrown much besides some of his NB size stuff!! He feel so much more substantial though... We are storing all his clothes and dipes in plastic tubs!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#16 of 23 Old 06-15-2008, 08:20 AM

Upon changing Mathias' diaper at 5 this morning and changing his onesie, I discovered that he outgrew 3-6 mo clothes overnight.
OMG!

#17 of 23 Old 06-16-2008, 12:01 PM

Our babies are getting SO. OLD.
I can't believe Caleb 12 is weeks!
And still as tiny as ever!
#18 of 23 Old 06-16-2008, 03:06 PM

Yeah, remember when we had 12 weeks of pregnancy left?? It seemed like it would be FOREVER. So how come it goes by so fast now??

#19 of 23 Old 06-16-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleystar View Post

Yeah, remember when we had 12 weeks of pregnancy left?? It seemed like it would be FOREVER. So how come it goes by so fast now??
GOOD POINT!!!

the last 10 days of my pg were longer than the past 6 weeks (btw my 6 wk old is 13 1/2 lbs & 24 inches long......my other two were that size at 4 months!)
#20 of 23 Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 AM

Maybe it's because we aren't sitting around anymore... or at least not sitting around alone.
*looks over at Caleb who has been staring at her for, like, 20 mintues*
#21 of 23 Old 06-21-2008, 04:23 PM

Caedmon is tipping the scales at almost 17lbs already!!! I know.. he's one of the early ones in this group but still!!! he just turned three months!!!
I've freecycled/ffs most of his 0-3 clothes and have just taken most of his 3-6 sized stuff out of rotation...
He's definitely my fastest growing baby yet!
#22 of 23 Old 06-22-2008, 08:07 AM

Tristy's up to 12 lbs, 4 oz and is long and lanky, just like my first boy. We're just starting to retire clothes and it's so sad. They'll probably go to a little nephew in the future, not another baby of ours. That said, we may change our minds in 5 years. I dunno, I can't make up my mind, lol.
#23 of 23 Old 06-23-2008, 07:06 PM

Eden was 14.5 lbs at her 2 month check up!
she has outgrown all 0-3 month stuff and some 3-6 month stuff too.
Today i put her in jeans that were labeled 12 months

: feminist mama to DD 04/08

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page