When will you try again? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 06-07-2008, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Considering what it took to get pregnant with this one, and the fact that we'd both like to have #2 before I turn 35, (I just turned 33) we've had this discussion a lot. We'll see when my cycle comes back and what it's like...DH has made the request that we don't have two in one year, so the earliest we'd try is August or September of this year. We'll likely just go with the whole "not trying, not preventing" for a while, and I'll ask at my PP follow-up when the OB is comfortable prescribing another course of Clomid (probably not til April of next year or so, about a year after Naomi's birth.)

So, the answer is "soon." Can't really be more specific than that. I'm hoping that #2 will be able to be a home birth in the water, but we'll see.
#32 of 37 Old 06-09-2008, 04:57 PM

"Done with one."

I put it in quotes because it's a nice little rhyme.

Maybe someday we'll open our home to some other child who needs one, but even though the pregnancy was great, we're only creating one child for the planet.

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#33 of 37 Old 06-10-2008, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennisee View Post
This whole pregnancy, I was convinced that we were stopping at two, but now I'm not so sure.
The more I think about it, the more I want another one. I must be crazy.
#34 of 37 Old 06-10-2008, 09:05 AM

FWIW, the transition to 3 from 2 has actually been the easiest for me so far. going from 0 to 1 is just a total change in your whole life as you know it, and then having to keep track or two kids and their needs instead of one is a challenge. but for me, once i was used to that, adding another into the mix wasn't such a big deal. of course, she is a very mellow and easy going baby, i'm sure it'd be harder if she was more high-need. but i've been amazed at how smooth and easy the transition has been
#35 of 37 Old 06-12-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookymama View Post
Is anyone else on the fence??

At the start of our last pregnancy, DH was pretty set on just two.
we always talked about having 2-3 so this seemed pretty right on. I LOVE being pregnant though, so I've always been partial to three.

Now that we have two, we may just be done. It may be better just to focus our attention on our two instead of going for a third.

We've talked about possibly going for baby number three when Lilah is 2-3.
Oh yeah, we're totally on the fence. We've always said 2-3...and now we're at 2. I don't feel like I'm done, but things will have to change for us to go for #3. My pregnancy & birth were great, and I LOVE being pregnant, but I've had almost no social support post-partum this time around. I can't do this alone again.

Ideally we'll be back in VT soon (close to family and friends and generally caring people). If that happens, we'll probably TTC immediately.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#36 of 37 Old 06-12-2008, 05:01 AM

We're done. I debated on doing another surrogacy but nope, I'm done completely.
#37 of 37 Old 06-12-2008, 07:07 PM

Finally had a postpartum check up yesterday, and healed beautifully. Apparently it's noteworthy (there was a PA student with my OB) that I had a natural childbirth. The PA student looked shocked. When he heard that my labor was nearly 36 hours, he looked appalled. It's sad that it's noteworthy that I'd have that, but I suppose many MDs don't see that very often.

But, we were told to wait at least six more months to try again, and we probably will before we actively try. The OB doesn't seem concerned about an "oops" before then but warned me that it may be more likely than it was before. He said to go ahead and call him when I was ready for another Clomid cycle if we didn't have success in a reasonable time frame.

So at this point, the real answer seems to be "in about six months, depending on how Naomi is doing."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page