My Granny's at it again! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-12-2008, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So sometimes when Kwame pees it goes up the front of his pamper, that happened when I was at my gmas and she says "Well if you would have had him CIRCUMCISED he wouldn't do that" :. WTF does him peeing everywhere have to do with him being intact. Gotta love her

hola.gif
#2 of 10 Old 06-12-2008, 05:38 PM

Yeah, I'm getting alot of shnit from grandparents and great grandparents about not circing too.
My dad says I should have just done it because "it's the american way".
I told him "so is being fat and in debt apparently but I'm not gonna head to McDonalds and run up my credit card bill!"
My grandmom says I'm gonna be sorry when he gets an infection and have to have it done when he's old enough to remember it.
My grandpop (who isn't even circumsised himself) says he thinks it's "cleaner to be exposed".

I just kinda shrug my shoulders and let it roll off.
I had my baby at home, I'm not gonna bring him to the hospital then to torture him with a circumcision.

I told them, I did my research before I made my decision and that's that!
#3 of 10 Old 06-12-2008, 07:08 PM

I'm sorry you are still getting comments like that!

On the pee front... Trevor does that too if I don't make sure his penis is pointing down before I put his diaper on !!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#4 of 10 Old 06-12-2008, 08:27 PM

aren't only 50% circed now in the u.s?

here in Canada it's only around 10%.
#5 of 10 Old 06-13-2008, 12:28 AM

My grandfather was Irish and not circ'ed and neither were any of his sons. He always said 'It's thinking awful positive, cutting some off before you know how big its gonna be'. He was a funny old man... now my husband who was really circ happy until he realized that it wasnt up for even a discussion - he uses the line now when we get any unwanted comments.
#6 of 10 Old 06-13-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
I'm sorry you are still getting comments like that!

On the pee front... Trevor does that too if I don't make sure his penis is pointing down before I put his diaper on !!
LOL yeah

ishereal - yet another gem from yr grandma, i cant believe it! is she going for some type of record?

i got some 'strong advice' about circing from my mom - she is very opinionated and although we have a great relationship, we live on opposite coasts and i had fallen out of the habit of dealing with her particular brand of bullying. she was saying the stuff about him looking like his dad, etc. she's doing a psych degree right now so of course it was a serious psychological disadvantage not to look like your father, right? she has a friend whose youngest boy was circed in late childhood b/c of recurring yeast infections, which i think is the root of her bias. one thing that stuck out to me was about how they have to clean it and 'do you really want a little boy to have to pay that much attention to his penis?' i understand where she was coming from in a way... but i thought about it for point five seconds, and decided the world might be a little different if more men didn't grow up with socially and medically encouraged thoughtlessness about their genetalia.

but i digress. my point was, she had this one=sided discussion with me when i was like 3 days postpartum and, call it horomones, but i totally got verklempt. became doubtful, even. it totally passed, but it was a pretty bad moment.

subsequently, she just confirmed that my decision hadn't changed and that our peds agreed with us (they were super nonchalant) and she isn't trying to change our minds or anything. so that's cool.

in othernews, he peed up over his hip today when the little girl next door was holding him. i felt so bad! but she was a trooper. she went inside and got paper towels to put on her lap and wanted to hold him again.

ok sorry. i have now utterly hijacked yr thread.

@ limette - i've heard the 50% stat as well.

@ junipersmom's grandfather's little joke... i plan to totally use that!
#7 of 10 Old 06-13-2008, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyinmama View Post
LOL yeah

ishereal - yet another gem from yr grandma, i cant believe it! is she going for some type of record?

i got some 'strong advice' about circing from my mom - she is very opinionated and although we have a great relationship, we live on opposite coasts and i had fallen out of the habit of dealing with her particular brand of bullying. she was saying the stuff about him looking like his dad, etc. she's doing a psych degree right now so of course it was a serious psychological disadvantage not to look like your father, right? she has a friend whose youngest boy was circed in late childhood b/c of recurring yeast infections, which i think is the root of her bias. one thing that stuck out to me was about how they have to clean it and 'do you really want a little boy to have to pay that much attention to his penis?' i understand where she was coming from in a way... but i thought about it for point five seconds, and decided the world might be a little different if more men didn't grow up with socially and medically encouraged thoughtlessness about their genetalia.

but i digress. my point was, she had this one=sided discussion with me when i was like 3 days postpartum and, call it horomones, but i totally got verklempt. became doubtful, even. it totally passed, but it was a pretty bad moment.

subsequently, she just confirmed that my decision hadn't changed and that our peds agreed with us (they were super nonchalant) and she isn't trying to change our minds or anything. so that's cool.

in othernews, he peed up over his hip today when the little girl next door was holding him. i felt so bad! but she was a trooper. she went inside and got paper towels to put on her lap and wanted to hold him again.

ok sorry. i have now utterly hijacked yr thread.

@ limette - i've heard the 50% stat as well.

@ junipersmom's grandfather's little joke... i plan to totally use that!
hijack away! i ms ya

hola.gif
#8 of 10 Old 06-13-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~NewMa~ View Post
I told him "so is being fat and in debt apparently but I'm not gonna head to McDonalds and run up my credit card bill!"
I MUST use that line sometime. It's hilarious.

What do they think happened to all the uncircumcised weenies out there before it was commonly done? Obviously they didn't get infected and fall off...
#9 of 10 Old 06-13-2008, 06:50 PM

Hmm, with my family, the subject has never even come up. They're probably scared to bring it up with me, what with all my super-strong opinions about birthing choices, non-vaxing, etc. LOL! I'm really glad I've set up strong boundaries with them, it would just break my heart to hear family tell me I should hurt my baby and cut up his precious body. I might have trouble even talking to them again if they pushed the issue.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#10 of 10 Old 06-15-2008, 11:06 PM

my oldest is circ'd (before I knew better) and he pee'd out of his diaper top all the time. So tell her she is full of beans.

To this day, the boy will wake up with the thing stuck pointing up against his body and end up peeing all over the place. So you are just beginning your fun journey with little boys and penii.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page