so, who else is back at work? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-01-2008, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tomorrow (weds) is my first day back at work.

soren is 12 weeks and my FMLA is up -- dh will be at home w/the kids now.

who else is back or back soon?
#2 of 9 Old 07-02-2008, 12:05 AM

I have two part time jobs. One involves teaching for a few hours at a time three days a week, and I returned at 3 weeks pp. The other is a weekend job at a hospital and I returned to that at 5 weeks pp. My birth was great and I was feeling fine physically, and if I don't work I don't get paid (no PTO). We've been lucky and have had no nipple confusion issues and I've scheduled my teaching days in such a way that DD doesn't usually get more than 2oz from a bottle. I added it up and I'm away from DD for about 20hrs a week. The US has the most screwed up maternity leave benefits...
#3 of 9 Old 07-02-2008, 01:00 AM

i have a part time job at a domestic violence shelter and i am so fortunate to be able to bring my baby with me. we started back to work when she was two weeks old. it's been great! so far she has attended a cpr/first baid training, and she loves going to our staff meetings. it's fun to have her around with me at work.

Katie
#4 of 9 Old 07-02-2008, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

having the babe at work is great!

while my job has always been cool w/my kids coming to meetings or needing to hang out a bit ... i work at a women's clinic, so them being there all the time or while patients are there is typically not allowed, which i get, that's fine. we're lucky -- dh is a sports writer, so most of his work comes at night and right now all there is is baseball.

of course that means we're dang poor right now...
#5 of 9 Old 07-04-2008, 06:30 AM

I start back in 3.5 weeks and ds will be 4.5 mos old. I work night shift so dh will be home with the kids and then a trusted sitter will come for the am so I can sleep (and then I will also be home if issues arise with the LO). The concern right now is that he will only take a bottle half the time and fights it the other half.
#6 of 9 Old 07-06-2008, 06:19 PM

i started on thurs but am just working on thurs mornings and monday afternoon and evenings
my dh has the kids those shifts
it is great to have our practice together so we can shift on and off with one at the office and 1 home with the 3 boys
i think the best part is that dh gets time alone with the boys
tomorrow is the first mon and we will see how they do as this is the longer shift from like 2-8 with dinner for daddy to make luckily he is a great cook
#7 of 9 Old 07-07-2008, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Today is my first day back. I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home, so I'm not away from the kids, but it's a nightmare trying to find a block of time to get anything done now that there are two of them!!

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#8 of 9 Old 07-10-2008, 07:49 PM

A couple more weeks for me...I will miss him terribly during the day, but at the same time, it's getting lonely here at home and it will be nice to get back to adult things too.

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#9 of 9 Old 07-22-2008, 03:07 PM

I'm back. I started last week. DH keeps ds one day a week, I take one day, and then a sitter for three days.
It's not bad and I keep trying to focus on the positive things...like that I'm helping other people's kids, etc.
Oh, and I've been trying to pscych myself out...
I turned 30 the day I came back to work so I keep saying to myself "It was okay to be depressed and cry about going back to work when you were 29 but 30 year olds don't do that...") It doesn't really work though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page