Just wanted to say hello...its been awhile. I'm back to the USA! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-10-2008, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello lovely ones! I hope everyone's 2-3 month babes are thrillin' your lives. I have been busy...so have not been here in over a month.

When Nora was 6 weeks old we moved with our ten huge suitcases and 2 year old toddler to the US from our 3 year livin' in the UK. It was a chore but the kids did wonderfully. Since we have been back we have lived in 7 different places and this nomadic life living out of our '94 oldsmobile continues until October. Its a lot but the kids are doing wonderfully.

I appreciate America more than ever...and yet there are just so many choices here it is overwhelming sometimes...materialism is just so high and i am running into such mainstream crap here. But mostly it is wonderful, especially seeing the grandparents/family with the kiddos.

Nora is such a quiet, mellow baby. hardly coos. just a darlin'. Already sleeping at least 10 hours a night and a TON during the day, only eating about 6x a day, but growing rapidly!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. : to you all!
#2 of 7 Old 07-10-2008, 04:22 AM

I bet it's an adventure for your ds!!
Wow, that is an impressive amount of traveling. You sound in good spirits through it all - and Nora sounds like a dream baby!

So you are gone. leaving 2 of us here in soggy England! I think, too, about so many things I appreciate about the good ol' USA now that I have been away...but I always think that, when I go back, I will bring some of the European lifestyle with me that I love, too. How 'bout you? Like the walking/being outside, getting fresh food daily, the social connections, 'slower' paced life....

Good luck getting started again over there!

- 7; - 5; - 2; --due 4/11
#3 of 7 Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizzanne View Post
I bet it's an adventure for your ds!!
Wow, that is an impressive amount of traveling. You sound in good spirits through it all - and Nora sounds like a dream baby!

So you are gone. leaving 2 of us here in soggy England! I think, too, about so many things I appreciate about the good ol' USA now that I have been away...but I always think that, when I go back, I will bring some of the European lifestyle with me that I love, too. How 'bout you? Like the walking/being outside, getting fresh food daily, the social connections, 'slower' paced life....

Good luck getting started again over there!
Oh yes...you said it so well...thank you for the reminders!
#4 of 7 Old 07-10-2008, 06:47 PM

I hear ya on the materialism and main stream crap. Welcome Momma!

hola.gif
#5 of 7 Old 07-10-2008, 07:46 PM

Hi! Glad to hear the move wasn't a nightmare!

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#6 of 7 Old 07-11-2008, 01:55 AM

Hi! I'm so glad to 'hear' from you; I had been thinking about your move and was hoping that you were settled by now. Not settled, but doing well, eh? That's wonderful news.
I am *slightly* jealous of your mellow baby. She sounds like a doll. My girls still sleep a maximum 5-6 hours at a stretch and eat an average of every 2 hours when awake. Nadia and Adele are the scream team, the twin symphony, etc... not colicky, but definitely opinionated!!! But they are soooo cute when they smile and talk. I will swear to the ends of the earth that Nadia says 'Hello'. She loves to watch my mouth when I talk and has been moving her mouth in mimic for weeks now, mostly silent but with the occasional coo. The other day, though, she started to reply 'heeee-oooo' to my 'heeellooo'. It's pretty sweet! They just moved up from the co-sleeper to a crib in our bedroom today, which is their 2 month birthday. They look so cute in their crib. Overall, I am pretty happy about being a mom :

Enjoy the rest of the summer with family and friends!

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#7 of 7 Old 07-11-2008, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

its so good to hear from you ladies! thanks for the update Kjoy...i have been thinking of you too....and how even with a mellow baby i just don't think i could do it with two...you are amazing!!!! The couple we are living with had 4 kids, the last two being twins and b/c she was stubborn and determined nursed them to a year. wowzers...i can't imagine. Good for you!

I thought I heard Nora say Hello today too!!!! She just started cooing more this week...its the sweetest sound. Wait until next month when they give you their first laughs!!!

Peace mamas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page