May 08 First time Mamas? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-04-2007, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello May Mamas! Is anyone else out there a first timer like me? I have been wanting to get pregnant for about three years now and finally talked my DH into TTC. We got lucky the first month. Thank goodness because I was going crazy at that point. Now I am all excited to be having my first baby and my DH is flipping back and forth from happy to anxious. He keeps saying "That was so fast!" and I keep thinking well it was about time. Our estimated due date is on our annivesary so it is really cool that we are making our own annivesary present in such a cool way.

So what about you other first timers? Are you excited, anxious or all the above. Have you been planning or was it a happy accident? Do tell all about it.

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#2 of 4 Old 09-04-2007, 04:33 PM

Me me me!

We weren't trying to conceive, but weren't actively preventing conception, either.

Looking forward to being a mama! Also... anxious, overjoyed, weepy, and bubbly. Whole host of additional adjectives that I can't think of right now, too.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#3 of 4 Old 09-04-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Good to know there are other Newbies this month. Now I know I wont be the only amature at this whole birthing thing. I have the whole emotional range thing going on too. I am excited most of the time but switch to weepy very easily. Just reading the last chapter of Baby Catcher just about thru me over emotionally. I have read the book before and never reacted this hard to the stories but now On come the waterworks. I actually enjoy all of the weirdness because it is just more of an conformation that I am actually pregnant. I can't hardly wait till I show a little belly. Then I will really feel pregnant.

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#4 of 4 Old 09-04-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
We weren't trying to conceive, but weren't actively preventing conception, either.
My situation as well, so hubby and I are so excited that I got pregnant the first month! I'm feeling really good so far...a bit more emotional about everything and a little tired, but otherwise great. I'm really looking forward to getting to know our baby, and I'm finding it a lot easier than normal to relax/meditate/tune into my thoughts. Kind of like a natural 'high'! : Anyone else experiencing this?

HBACing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, babywearing, d/s vaccinating, food and fitness-loving single mommy to two little monsters.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page