I Burst My Bubble! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so my Grandma is living with us for a while. And we hadn't told anybody ~ not even her. Well, I guess my moodiness and quietness was really getting to her and she thought she was doing something wrong. She was taking it all personally. Poor Thing. So, with lots of tears, it all came out, "I'M PREGNANT!" It is SO not how I wanted to tell the first person. Ahhh!!!! I feel SO stupid! I just couldn't control myself. I guess we should have told her in the first place considering she's under our roof. :
#2 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 12:48 PM

I told my Mom yesterday and she is suppose to pass it along to the rest of the family, but I am not so sure she will do that. So I left a message to have my oldest brother call me.

Don't know when hubby will tell his Mom and Dad. He mentioned waiting till a couple of days before I am due. So I asked how we were going to disguise my belly at Thanksgiving time. He laughed and said he would tell them. Of course I don't know when.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#3 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 01:47 PM

We're not telling anyone yet. Call it paranoia, but I just need privacy for a while still.

Whoops! Itchy trigger finger. Allow me to finish my post... I've come close to blurting to a good friend (who's also a coworker) of mine, but have somehow kept my mouth shut.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#4 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 06:12 PM

So sorry about the stress I have the opposite problem, this is my first time so I cant keep my mouth shut. I am telling everyone even complete strangers. Especially food delivery persons. That way I dont feel too guilty when I order a huge dinner.

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#5 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 06:30 PM

I've told most everyone I know, at least most everyone I have a real relationship with.

Even if I didn't want to, I've told my kiddo. I told her I was TTC, to explain why she had to stay over at her dad's while I was away. So... it was natural to tell her I am pg.

She is telling EVERYONE. It was her news at circle time at preschool yesterday.
#6 of 6 Old 09-05-2007, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

I love hearing everybody's experiences!!! They totally cheer me up. Thanks! I guess I can tell this little veggie baby (that's all I eat lately), who was the first to know, and why. It will still be a very special part of the story, right? : )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page