Anyone puking? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 09-08-2007, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not... yet. But I feel it coming for me. Any day now, it's gonna start happening.

Ugh, food sucks.
#2 of 25 Old 09-08-2007, 10:17 PM

Not yet. But I sometimes get nauseaous all day long.

Dalila, mom to two boys, 7 and 5

490/2013

#3 of 25 Old 09-08-2007, 10:29 PM

I haven't puked. I didn't with DD. I have felt very nauseous and extretely tired today. I started my 6th week yesterday. I kinda remember with the 6th week came the icky to my tummy feeling last time. Hang in there Mamas!
#4 of 25 Old 09-08-2007, 11:11 PM

I am having icky nauseoua feelings off and on, still pretty mild... usually the bad stuff hits at 6 weeks, which will be in a few days for me.. ugh..lol!

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#5 of 25 Old 09-08-2007, 11:21 PM

Hmm I'm feeling good so far. But last time I was nauseous during weeks 6 and 7, so we shall see... Actually, last time heartburn was the real drag. I think it lasted longer than the nausea, and it was 24/7!
#6 of 25 Old 09-08-2007, 11:28 PM

Not yet, but certain foods make me WANT to puke. Today, I was driving home from our dog training and I was so hungry. I felt if I didnt eat a grilled stuffed burrito with no meat I would throw up. It took us 45 min. to get to the taco bell and I did almost puke, I think because I was so hungry. It was weird for sure.
#7 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 12:52 AM

No. I don't want to say "not yet", because that implies it will eventually start . With dd I only threw up once, but I sure felt like puking -- for the entire first tri. And it started early, right around the time of the bfp. I'm just past 6 weeks now (halfway there!), and have gotten a few waves of nausea in the past few days, but nothing like what I had with dd. I wouldn't say my stomach feels great, but it's not quite bad enough for me to classify it as nausea (for the most part). If this is as bad as it gets, I'll be thrilled. OTOH, I stayed in bed late this morning and didn't eat until 10:30 or 11 AM. That was a huge mistake. My blood sugar dropped super low, and I felt awful pretty much the whole day. DH has instructions to bring me breakfast in bed on the weekends from now on .

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#8 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 12:59 AM

No puking, but I've never puked in pregnancy (fingers crossed... I'd really rather it stay that way ) I'm not an easy puker.

BUT I have started hitting the "I'm hungry but no food sounds good stage" Which is usually closely followed by the "do I HAVE to eat?" stage.

-Angela
#9 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 01:49 AM
dis

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I've had dry heaves a couple of times, where I've had to sprint for the toilet but haven't actually closed the deal, so to speak, and I feel like puking most of the time. Food sucks.

I have a feeling the actual vomiting will start within the next week or so. Yay.
#10 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 01:54 AM

I never puked with Grayson but I felt like gagging and dry heaving from 6-18 weeks- all day long. It was the worst in the morning, gradually got better through the day and when 10pm hit...watch out

I really hope that I don't feel like that this time around.

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#11 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 04:19 AM

I'm waiting for the vomiting and yuckies to start here also. I have had a funny/poor appetite and maybe a few isolated waves of nausea.

With my last pregnancies the nausea started at 6weeks, then almost immediately with the following 2. I keep hoping perhaps it won't be as bad this time, but then of course I would worry something was wrong. I guess one upside of the nausea and vomiting is it tells you something is definitely happening in the first trimester!
#12 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 AM

You know what makes me gag more than anything these days besides nasty smells? MY PRENATALS!!! They are horse pills and start disolving before I get them down!!! I usually don't have a problem swallowing pills!
#13 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 11:18 AM
dis

I have to take my prenatals after a moderate to large meal - if I don't have a fair amount of food in my stomach, about 10 minutes after I take the prenatal I will start gagging and heaving. Once - while we were TTC, so I wasn't pregnant yet - I took my prenatal first thing in the morning without even thinking about it, and 10 minutes later I actually threw it back up.
#14 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
BUT I have started hitting the "I'm hungry but no food sounds good stage" Which is usually closely followed by the "do I HAVE to eat?" stage.

#15 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 02:47 PM

Yep. Lunch today proved I'm well into the- I'm hungry but choking down the last third of the sandwich just really sucks....

But hey, dh got me a chocolate fountain for my birthday and we're going to go try it out this afternoon with my parents.

Surely I can stomach just about anything dipped in chocolate...

-Angela
#16 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mmmmm.... chocolate....
#17 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 03:29 PM
dis

How I know I'm pregnant: the image of chocolate fountain makes me a bit queasy. The other night my poor husband bought me one of my favourite things from our local bakery - a cupcake - and I only managed to choke down about 2 bites.
#18 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Oh, you're going into dangerous territory now! I was sure dd was going to come out looking like a candy bar, because sometimes it felt like that was the only thing I ate !

I have thus far resisted my usually powerful need for chocolate (and Coldstone Creamery ice cream). But as the stomach gets more and more queasy, and the hunger gets stronger and stronger, I feel my willpower waning ...

#19 of 25 Old 09-09-2007, 04:52 PM

I've been nauseous, but have only really puked three or four times. Usually when I puke, it's not even a *real* puke, just a little one... so I don't end up feeling any better.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#20 of 25 Old 09-10-2007, 11:54 AM

Hmmmm. With my first pregnancy, I puked all the live long day from weeks 7-12. With this one so far, I have had been pukey feeling off and on since even before I broke down and tested. Yikes!! High protein food seems to be helping at the present moment. I feel like a bottomless pit eating for 3 now!
#21 of 25 Old 09-10-2007, 11:57 AM

I got really close this morning emptying out DS's diaper pail....uh yeah, DH gets that task from now on!

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#22 of 25 Old 09-10-2007, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontail View Post
Hmmmm. With my first pregnancy, I puked all the live long day from weeks 7-12. With this one so far, I have had been pukey feeling off and on since even before I broke down and tested. Yikes!! High protein food seems to be helping at the present moment. I feel like a bottomless pit eating for 3 now!
Me too about the pukey feelings before testing! I feel like maybe I won't have to endure another 2ww ever again really, because I had definite and obvious signs before testing. I just didn't know they were definite and obvious because I didn't have them last time... kwim? Now I know! Cool.

My appetite is gone. I have lost about 10 lbs since getting pg. The food aversions are getting more intense and incorporating more things! Gah.

I also have to be careful because I have PCOS and insulin resistance. I have changed the way I eat a LOT in the last few years, which has regulated my insulin and my hormones enough that I am doing this pregnancy with no meds!! (I was on Metformin to TTC and maintain my pregnancy with my daughter). But it means I can't eat sugar or white flour foods at all, and... that is what I am craving!

Oh well. Met is horrible to take, so I am grateful not to need it this time.
#23 of 25 Old 09-10-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Yep. Lunch today proved I'm well into the- I'm hungry but choking down the last third of the sandwich just really sucks....

But hey, dh got me a chocolate fountain for my birthday and we're going to go try it out this afternoon with my parents.

-Angela
So ... how did it go? Did you have to choke down the chocolate?

#24 of 25 Old 09-10-2007, 01:43 PM

I never puked, not once, with my first pregnancy.

This time, I have puked once but I feel so super sick and nauseous. I can't eat, but I need to eat. And when I do eat, I feel sick. I feel some relief and then BAM I feel sick again. Last time, I ate a freaking tractor trailer every day, which may explain why I nearly doubled in size during pregnancy! This time around, I think I've actually lost a pound or two ... not good, but I honestly cannot help it.
#25 of 25 Old 09-10-2007, 08:41 PM

ugh, not yet, but dang close when coworker on the other side of the cube decided to eat tuna....

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page