Anyone here after infertility? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Would love to hear from you!!!

I find I am still feeling like I am on the medical rollar coaster. We are still waiting for our second beta results and have a 6 week u/s on Oct. 4th. PIO shots are underway and will continue until 12 weeks. PM if you prefer.

Mama to two beautiful children. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 09-19-2007, 04:45 PM

yes, i am here with high hopes after dealing with some emotional losses. my youngest is 5 and I have had some tough times believing i will ever carry again. i have my first appt tomorrow morning to check my levels and make sure that everything is going smoothly.

i'm 5 weeks along and i keep my fingers crossed every day.

welcome here! and congrats!
#3 of 12 Old 09-19-2007, 06:17 PM

I'm here!!!! (as I wave hello frantically!)

I'm 6.5w and I don't really believe it myself yet. I'm hoping that they'll do an u/s so that I can breathe again. I just keep talking myself into believing that something's wrong, and I haven't been able to feel truly happy yet. Like I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, like it always does. I'm taking prog. supplements orally, which is making me cranky and dizzy. Are your shots doing the same for you?
#4 of 12 Old 09-19-2007, 07:51 PM

Hello. I'm new. Yes, dealing w/infertility. Going to start IVF. anyone else?
#5 of 12 Old 09-19-2007, 08:44 PM

Hi there. Technically i'm not infertile, but due to being in a same-sex relationship, my partner and I underwent many of the same treatments that hetero fertility patients do. We did 5 IUI's over the course of a year. Finally we decided on IVF, and I am currently almost 8 weeks pregnant. Saw the little beating heart at 6w5d, and have a 2nd ultrasound at 8w5d. I still can't believe it, and I'm terrified that something is going to happen. I'm trying really hard to just relax; I know that's the best thing for the baby... but IT'S HARD!
#6 of 12 Old 09-19-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjodi View Post
Hi there. Technically i'm not infertile, but due to being in a same-sex relationship, my partner and I underwent many of the same treatments that hetero fertility patients do. We did 5 IUI's over the course of a year. Finally we decided on IVF, and I am currently almost 8 weeks pregnant. Saw the little beating heart at 6w5d, and have a 2nd ultrasound at 8w5d. I still can't believe it, and I'm terrified that something is going to happen. I'm trying really hard to just relax; I know that's the best thing for the baby... but IT'S HARD!
ms jodi......i have to point out how impressive it is that you are expecting your baby LAST may!
hey silly....i think you meant '08. just wanted to giggle about it.
#7 of 12 Old 09-21-2007, 12:58 PM

How is everyone doing? Riding out the rollercoaster ride? Every day for me it starts to feel a little more real. It's still hard for me to say it out loud, because I think I'd resigned myself to only having a singleton. Strange, since we were still doing fertility treatments, but I guess deep down I just didn't think they'd work. Are any of you feeling like that?

How long had each of you dealt with infertility? What were your coping mechanisms? Do you feel like the burden is gone now that you've gotten a bfp?

We've been ttc#2 for 3yrs, and this is our first bfp in that time. I have pcos and dh has several male factors. I coped by just focusing on the next phase of treatment and working on my diet/exercise to get my pcos under control. I seem to still feel the sting when I hear someone make a comment about getting pg easily or planning everything out precisely, or if they joke about how lucky someone is to only have one. I wonder if that kind of pain will ever go away.
#8 of 12 Old 09-22-2007, 01:37 AM

We dealt with infertility with my last baby. I went through hormone treatments and drawls, rounds of Clomid, etc..for three years.

I conceived twins but lost one at 15 weeks.

I currently have a very healthy 9 month old.

We also got pregnant this time with no assistance at all, just good ol fashioned fun!!
#9 of 12 Old 09-22-2007, 10:31 AM

I'm the poster child for infertility, I think. I feel blessed that this time around it only took us a couple of months (of course, my doctor had way more faith than I did). Who knew that having a pregnancy could cause your body to actually reset itself? ... Well, my doctor, I guess (even if I didn't believe her!)

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#10 of 12 Old 09-23-2007, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome everyone!

I had my second beta and it wasn't doubling but is in 'acceptable' range. So now I will go in tomorrow for a 3 rd. I feel pregnant and I just keep reminding myself of that.

But now I don't think we will tell anyone until we see the heartbeat. And then only family and very close friends. I have a feeling though that I may be showing very soon and have people asking. I only have one pair of wearing out pants that feel comfortable in, yikes

#11 of 12 Old 09-26-2007, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Looks like I'm out ladies: Beta went down. 4th beta results today, will stop my med's if it is heading down. Hopefully I'll be joining another due date club soon.

#12 of 12 Old 09-26-2007, 12:20 PM

Oh , Marlee. I am so sorry.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page