No inkling? Am I the only one? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-25-2007, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have heard about how women are often times right about the sex of their baby... Well, I don't have a feeling, nothing, zip, zilch, nada. Sometimes I think "Awwww it could be a girl" but others "maybe it's a boy...". I wish I had that strong feeling that some women talk about, or even a little feeling.

Am I the only one left in the dark?

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2007, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a strong feeling, but I don't really trust it if that makes any sense...

-Angela
Old 09-25-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
I have a strong feeling, but I don't really trust it if that makes any sense...

-Angela
Ditto!!! If it doesn't make sense, I get it
Old 09-25-2007, 12:53 PM

I had a dream a while ago that made me think that I knew since I had a dream about my son before he was born. But I really have no idea. I could be having an octopus for all I know.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norajane View Post
I had a dream a while ago that made me think that I knew since I had a dream about my son before he was born. But I really have no idea. I could be having an octopus for all I know.
LOL!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:58 PM

My "feelings" have been wrong twice. So I give up.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Old 09-25-2007, 01:33 PM

I don't know that I trust the feeling I have (but I think it's a girl).

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:46 PM

I don't. I didn't with DD either. I think I naturally kinda just pictured myself with a girl, so a girl was on my mind at the beginning, but not because I thought I was having one. So then I started trying to think it was a boy because I didn't WANT to start thinking girl and NOT have it be a girl, but didn't want to think boy and not have it be a boy either (basically didn't want to set up any expectations). LOL Obviously if I DO have any "intuition" I ruin it.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 09-25-2007, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
I don't. I didn't with DD either. I think I naturally kinda just pictured myself with a girl, so a girl was on my mind at the beginning, but not because I thought I was having one. So then I started trying to think it was a boy because I didn't WANT to start thinking girl and NOT have it be a girl, but didn't want to think boy and not have it be a boy either (basically didn't want to set up any expectations). LOL Obviously if I DO have any "intuition" I ruin it.

This is basically what's messing with my head also... If someone held a gun to my head and told me to pick which sex I'd choose I would pick girl... The only reason being, I have two boys and it would be fun to change it up a bit.

So, I have been only looking at boy names and just picturing boy because... even though this sounds stupid, I don't want to feel disappointed when I find out (maybe at the 19 wk U/S) because I feel that is a really horrible thing and I wouldn't want my baby to feel my disappointment (in the womb... )

Basically I'm trying to force myself into believing it's a boy and now I kind of do believe that.

I know. :

I don't want anybody to jump all over me about wanting a girl. I will be just as happy with a boy but I do long for a daughter at the same time.

ETA: DS2 keeps insisting he's having TWO SISTERS. I keep telling him that this is probably one baby and it could be a brother. He gets all angry with me... "NO, mommy, not a BROTHER."

I didn't think his little brother was that much of a PITB to him.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 09-25-2007, 02:16 PM

With my ds, I had always wanted a dd so I just assumed it was. Then, when I was about 19 or 20w along, I woke up from a nap and *knew* it was a boy. Didn't even question it, I felt it so strongly. I guess I'll and wait and see if I have any strong feelings later on...I think my feelings now are just wishes, and not really intuition.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
This is basically what's messing with my head also... If someone held a gun to my head and told me to pick which sex I'd choose I would pick girl... The only reason being, I have two boys and it would be fun to change it up a bit.

So, I have been only looking at boy names and just picturing boy because... even though this sounds stupid, I don't want to feel disappointed when I find out (maybe at the 19 wk U/S) because I feel that is a really horrible thing and I wouldn't want my baby to feel my disappointment (in the womb... )

Basically I'm trying to force myself into believing it's a boy and now I kind of do believe that.

I know. :

I don't want anybody to jump all over me about wanting a girl. I will be just as happy with a boy but I do long for a daughter at the same time.

ETA: DS2 keeps insisting he's having TWO SISTERS. I keep telling him that this is probably one baby and it could be a brother. He gets all angry with me... "NO, mommy, not a BROTHER."

I didn't think his little brother was that much of a PITB to him.
Hugs, mama. It's just fine to want a particular gender for your babe. One of my friends IRL is not finding out the sex of her baby, and she really wants a little girl. She is convincing herself that she's having a boy.

I feel the same way as you - I have a DS now, and I just simply adore him and would love another sweet baby boy. However, there is part of me that, like you, longs for a daughter. In all likelihood, this will be our last baby, and honestly, I will be happy with a healthy babe of any gender! We'll see I guess
Old 09-25-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
I think I naturally kinda just pictured myself with a girl, so a girl was on my mind at the beginning, but not because I thought I was having one. So then I started trying to think it was a boy because I didn't WANT to start thinking girl and NOT have it be a girl
This was me exactly last time. I started out thinking girl cause I knew lots of little girls, then I worried I would be disappointed so switched to thinking boy. Then when I was around 14 weeks, I got VERY attached to a boy name and started to think there was a reason it was SO important to me to convince DH that this was THE name. We had a boy, and we used the name (Fionn).

This time, I was attached to a boy name long before getting preggo (still working on DH about it, though!)! Plus, I have a strong feeling I will have all boys. I would love to be wrong, but I would be happy to be right, too, kwim?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:40 PM

I think it might be a girl, but it could just be wishful thinking. With dd1 I KNEW as soon as I found out I was pregnant that she would be a girl and she would have red hair. I was right. With the other two I didn't really have a clue.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
Old 09-25-2007, 03:53 PM

With DS, I had a dream several years earlier (while with a different partner) that my first child would be a boy. of course, I totally thought that other partner would be the father, lol... Well, DH and I were married for just under a year when I got preggers, and I fought so hard with that dream... I tried to tell myself that the baby could be a girl, because I was with a different partner. Nope... I got my wonderful son. Now, I really keep feeling girl, but I just can't let myself believe it, because there are not girls in the generation of either DH's family or mine. My mother is already making/buying girl things (she says someday there will be a girl) But I really want this one to be my little Eva Ruth.

Theresa, Mom to DS 4-6-06, and DD 5-11-08, and another on the way anyday.
WAHM behind Crystal City Fibers on Etsy.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:44 PM

With my first, I told my husband it was a girl. At my 12 week ultrasound, the dr agreed. (Course, I wanted a girl, so that could have just as easily been wishful thinking!!)

Now I feel like I'm having a boy. But then again, I want a boy - could still be wishful thinking!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:28 AM

With ds, I kinda knew he was a boy really early. Just something I felt, despite dh thinking girl and my FIL who can predict gender, saying girl (i am the first of 30+ that he was wrong with) This time ds is convinced the babe is a little sister and so I am indulging in it for now. Through the nasty nausea and fatigue, about the only thing I feel up to most days is reading or knitting, so, I have already made a dress, two hats and booties sets and about a half dozen bibs in girlie colors. I did knit one gender neutral soaker though and a few bibs. I hope if it is a boy that my SIL who is due in March will be expecting a girl so I have someone to give all of it too...
Old 09-26-2007, 07:52 AM

I have no idea.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 AM

I have no clue, either. With my first, I insisted it was a girl the whole time, but a lot of that was wishful thinking. And I have to admit that I was pretty depressed for awhile after we found out that I was completely wrong and there was a boy in there! I feel horrible about that now, and I love my little boy to pieces, but DH and I weren't sure how many kids we'd have and I had always had my heart set on at least having a girl.

So of course, since I still want a girl, I'm thinking girl this time as well. However, last time, my mom and grandma both said boy, and they both say girl this time. My mom's already started buying girl specific stuff even. I hope they're right!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
My mom knew I was a girl. I have no psychic talent. I will only have boys though b/c that is all dh's line of men give. Back many generations, only boys. Of course I hold out hope but don't really have hope.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Old 09-27-2007, 01:23 AM

You know what the fun part about people who "KNOW" what sex their baby is?

They have a 50-ish% chance of being right.

So I think it's all hodge-podge and speculation. That being said, at 5 weeks, I'm positive I'm having a girl, mainly because I think G-d has a really ironic sense of humor.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:08 AM

Both of my previous pregnancies I *knew* it was a boy. I got girls both times!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:31 AM

I am pretty sure I'll be having another girl....I was right the first time! Woo woo, what odds! I hope it's a girl. We have lots of newish clothes still.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaulke26 View Post
Both of my previous pregnancies I *knew* it was a boy. I got girls both times!
Yep, I KNEW without a doubt that DD was a boy. She's not So I'm not making any guesses this time around.

User Tag List