Cravings anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Again, please be patient as I try to navigate these pages...this is one fo my first posts, so I'm not sure if it is going to work!

I just thought it might be fun to hear about what kind of cravings (strange or otherwise) everyone is having so far. As for me (in between bouts of nausea), I crave, of all things. gummy bears! It's crazy because I think this would be the first time in my life that I've ever bought the things for myself(other than when I was a kid)! Then, when I'm not craving those, I crave green beans...a much healthier option I would say! And water...lots and lots of water...I can't seem to get enough to drink.

How about the rest of you?
#2 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I crave Taco Bell. : I've had it three times this week.

Also, asparagus. I'm hoping it all evens out somehow.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#3 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 01:19 PM

Welcome! I haven't been craving any one thing specifically (except fresh fruit), but going grocery shopping is definitely more interesting now. This week I bought a lot of things I haven't had in years, but knew I just HAD to have them: lemon merengue pie, tomato soup, split-pea soup, tapioca pudding. All I know is when I am eating the right thing at the right time, it tastes soooo good.

HBACing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, babywearing, d/s vaccinating, food and fitness-loving single mommy to two little monsters.
#4 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 01:35 PM

Cheerios
Cheddar cheese & wheat crackers

That is it so far, but I bet there will be more. I am curious to see if I crave pizza this time, I craved pizza with all of my boys but not my daughter.

This is my first post here, I'm reallly nervous about posting so "publically" before we tell family but I've told most of my friends who might run into me here and be all "WHAT?!"
#5 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 01:50 PM

Not a craving exactly, but in 2 days I have polished off (almost singlehandedly, with a little help from DS) a small block of havarti with herbs and spices in it...it and whole grain crackers are ALL I want to eat! Going to have to go to the grocery store this afternoon for more!
#6 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 02:13 PM

This is so bad but the one thing I really, truly crave (and can actually stomach the thought of consuming) is Coke Slurpees. Everything else just turns my stomach and I usually have to force myself to eat.

Mama to my 3 wild things.

#7 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 02:24 PM

mustard! i craved it with DD too. i'm also liking the idea of soup, but it's been too hot for it. hopefully next week i can start a soup binge.
#8 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 02:24 PM

i hate to say this, but my craving has been banana cream pie sundaes from Dairy Queen. : and i usually cannot drink cow's milk. I'm a Silk girl until I'm pregnant and then my body seems to say "bring on the cow's milk!!"
#9 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 02:45 PM

I have been dying for some ice cream. Doesn't help that we had some left over from DS's birthday party and DH polished it ALL off! I think a trip to Baskin Robbins tonight is in order.

Other than that, not much. I don't seem to have much of an appetite right now, unless tacos are involved. I do love me some tacos.
#10 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 02:52 PM

I have been craving lots of tart popsicles lately. And chicken pot pie. :

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#11 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aishy View Post
Cheerios
Cheddar cheese & wheat crackers

That is it so far, but I bet there will be more. I am curious to see if I crave pizza this time, I craved pizza with all of my boys but not my daughter.
I craved pizza big time with both of my boys too. I would eat a whole medium thin crust cheese pizza topped with sour cream. :

No pizza cravings yet this time. Maybe that means it's a girl? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormajor View Post
mustard! i craved it with DD too. i'm also liking the idea of soup, but it's been too hot for it. hopefully next week i can start a soup binge.
I craved tomato soup something awful in my second pregnancy. Literally 3 cans a day... I know, the sodium. Not. Good.

Man did it ever taste good. Thankfully that craving tapered off at around 6 months.

I love talking cravings!! Makes me hungry.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#12 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 03:51 PM

I am craving the following:

PIZZA! I wonder if that means I'm having another boy? I didn't crave it with DS, but I did crave Mexican with him, which quite literally turns my stomach with this pregnancy.

Dumplings (steamed veggie) from the chinese food place. Really, though, I will eat anything on the menu at Happy Garden.

Garlic bread covered in cheese (see pizza above).

Lemon. Lemonade, lemon drinks, straight up lemon wedges.

BLT sandwiches.

Soft Pretzels smothered in mustard.

Eggs: cooked over hard with lots of salt and buttered toast.

And hot dogs, which I haven't indulged in ... yet.

Why'd you have to go and ask this question when I still have an hour of work? I'm going to be daydreaming about my soft pretzel that I'll grab on my way out for the rest of my time here!?!!!

OK, so I'm also finding that my cravings just randomly pop into my head and will not leave. They're like little demons hanging on for dear life and they will not be silenced until I give in. For example, I'm sitting here doing my work, when all of a sudden I get an irrational NEED to have a bowl of Lucky Charms. It has probably been over 10 years since I ate Lucky Charms. I haven't even thought about that cereal in ages. But now, it's all I can think about. Damn that Leprechan and his magical charms!
#13 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merry-mary View Post
I am craving the following:

PIZZA! I wonder if that means I'm having another boy? I didn't crave it with DS, but I did crave Mexican with him, which quite literally turns my stomach with this pregnancy.

Dumplings (steamed veggie) from the chinese food place. Really, though, I will eat anything on the menu at Happy Garden.

Garlic bread covered in cheese (see pizza above).

Lemon. Lemonade, lemon drinks, straight up lemon wedges.

BLT sandwiches.

Soft Pretzels smothered in mustard.

Eggs: cooked over hard with lots of salt and buttered toast.

And hot dogs, which I haven't indulged in ... yet.

Why'd you have to go and ask this question when I still have an hour of work? I'm going to be daydreaming about my soft pretzel that I'll grab on my way out for the rest of my time here!?!!!

OK, so I'm also finding that my cravings just randomly pop into my head and will not leave. They're like little demons hanging on for dear life and they will not be silenced until I give in. For example, I'm sitting here doing my work, when all of a sudden I get an irrational NEED to have a bowl of Lucky Charms. It has probably been over 10 years since I ate Lucky Charms. I haven't even thought about that cereal in ages. But now, it's all I can think about. Damn that Leprechan and his magical charms!
I think I will have everything on this list, please!

No, really.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#14 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
Funny, I craved Taco bell last time! I hate to say it, but I am craving beef. Hamburgers more specifically! Otherwise most things just don't sound very good. I have an aversion to sweets (except fruit and smoothies) and seem to only want warm salty foods. I just had a chicken/cheese quesadilla and a left over hamburger patty for lunch. I am also loving grapefruit juice. Last pg I was so citrus obsessed that I joined a citrus of the month club and got 10 lbs of fruit every month delivered fresh from Florida
I wish more things sounded yummy these days

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#15 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherRN View Post
I wish more things sounded yummy these days
Yeah, that's about where I'm at. I wouldn't say I'm having any cravings at all. I find most foods inedible, manage to choke down some moderately nutritious things (like mac 'n cheese), and the only thing I'm able to eat without any problems is junk (cookies, ice cream, etc.). But even then I'm not craving them. It just so happens they don't make me feel like puking .

I expect the cravings to come on in the second trimester!

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#16 of 28 Old 09-27-2007, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, I just ran out to get some staples and threw in a bag of jelly beans, sour candies and carmel candies into the cart as well!

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#17 of 28 Old 09-28-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
OMG. Me too! I've had it twice this week!

My cravings are for Latin food. Spanish rice, salsa, enchiladas, black beans...

I just had 2 chimichangas and an ENTIRE order of chips and salsa. It's all I've been having for lunch the past 4 days, and yesterday I convinced my husband to have taco salad for dinner too!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#18 of 28 Old 09-28-2007, 06:04 PM

i'm actually going thru the 'i don't want to eat' phase but man, last weekend, I craved chipotle burrito something fierce!

that was the only thing i ate all day . . . and boy was it ever tasty!

fajita burrito with chicken and green chili, loaded except for guacamole. . . .

i usually crave salt during first trimester, but so far, not really - just every once in a while i want fries, so i'll make some up for lulnch for the kids and i'll eat 2-3 fresh out of the fryer basket and i'm good for eating for the day.

i am craving water, if that's a craving, lol. but it's also been a bit dry here lately.
#19 of 28 Old 09-28-2007, 06:31 PM

i ate a pomegranate last night and i wish i had another ones today, lol
but now I want chipolte, too. I have to go out and do some shopping tomorrow so maybe ill treat myself.
gabby
#20 of 28 Old 09-28-2007, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcheeks View Post
This is so bad but the one thing I really, truly crave (and can actually stomach the thought of consuming) is Coke Slurpees. Everything else just turns my stomach and I usually have to force myself to eat.
OMG!!! We must be sisters!! My poor dh....every night after we put the kids to sleep, he goes to the McDonald's at the Wallmart up the street and buys me an extra large COke slurpee. I KNOW that i shouldn't be having caffeine...but if I don't....I'm so much more sick ( My naseau peaks in the evening)

Anyways, the combo if it being SUPER cold, the sweetness, the texture...everything just.....it hits the spot!!!!!

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

#21 of 28 Old 09-28-2007, 08:05 PM

Did someone say "Chipotle"???

#22 of 28 Old 09-28-2007, 08:25 PM

I don't think it's a craving, but I just ate 1lb of baby carrots!
I wanted something crunchy but I refuse to buy chips...so carrots it is!

Last time I ate a LOT of sweet peppers, until I realized they were the cause of my gassyness
Then it was citrus anything. I couldn't handle the mint toothpaste so DH even bought me citrus toothpaste!

My M/S is just starting this evening. I have that nasty metallic taste in my mouth, even after having french toast for dinner.
Or maybe it's just the carrots...

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#23 of 28 Old 09-28-2007, 09:15 PM

Mexican, ice cream and cheese (just like with my 8 year old twins. eep.) (eggs, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese. did I mention cheese?)

I normally don't eat any dairy or eggs. :
#24 of 28 Old 09-28-2007, 09:44 PM

Mexican, tortillas, bagels, more Mexican. Our favorite Mexican restaurant has takeout, I think I have had then 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Chili Rellenos, ohhhhhh heaven!

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#25 of 28 Old 09-29-2007, 12:24 AM

We had Thai food tonight and I had hot and sour soup. I don't normally like spicy things, but I just really wanted it. My eyes watered and my nose ran the whole time I was eating it, and I had to keep stopping to cool my mouth down. But man, did it hit the spot! It's all I've thought of since we got home a few hours ago .

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#26 of 28 Old 09-29-2007, 01:47 PM

Mexican, cheeseburgers (all red meat and i usually rarely eat it), mmmmm prime rib, and apples in all forms. Very similar to craving with DS.

Interesting but with DD i craved all sweets and now sweets repulse me.
#27 of 28 Old 09-29-2007, 02:51 PM

I had eggs for lunch today, because I had to. I wanted jalepenos in them, but, I didn't feel like cutting em to put in there so i didn't. Yum. And before I opened the fridge & saw the box of eggs? I didn't want a thing. haha.
#28 of 28 Old 09-29-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMama3 View Post
Mexican, ice cream and cheese (just like with my 8 year old twins. eep.) (eggs, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese. did I mention cheese?)
You just described the three main food groups from my first pregnancy! Seriously! This time around, not so much.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page