Who is still in regular clothes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2007, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm surprised by this but my clothing has not become tight at all yet-Is anyone else in this boat? With my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies I think I was getting into bigger clothes at this point, I'm just starting 9 weeks. With my 1st pregnancy iI think it did take this long for a bump to form.
I'm not eating very much because I feel gross and ds nurses 6-7 times a day so I wonder if I am just not gaining any weight (which is fine by me because ds was LGA 10.5 lbs and maybe less weight gain will mean smaller baby)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2007, 10:51 AM

Since I work at home, I wear PJs and loung pants a lot so I can't tell if I am any biger. Elastic is nice By working at home I should not have to buy too many maternity cloths. Mostly I can wear comfortable sweat pants and PJs.

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

Old 09-29-2007, 10:56 AM

I'm still in regular clothes. I've lost a couple of pounds, but my pants are actually falling down on me. I don't get it, since I haven't lost that much! But maybe the pounds are moving from my butt to my tummy and my breasts. Now they've seemed to pack on the pounds. None of my bras fit anymore, and my back is in constant pain from the sudden increase. Nothing like going from a DD to an H in a couple of days, eh?
Old 09-29-2007, 11:02 AM

i am still in all regular clothes, but I am just at 6 weeks and i am kinda scrawny. I hope i pop soon becuase i want to start getting "pregnant woman" attention, lol.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:41 AM

Does it count if I'm in my regular jeans, but the button is undone? I'm going to have to go shopping soon.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:51 AM

I'm in my normal clothes and expect (hope!) to be for a while yet. With my first, I didn't start wearing maternity clothes until I was 20+ weeks.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:06 PM

Well, my jeans were a little snug before I got preggo thanks to gaining a little weight over the summer. However, now they fit again b/c I've lost 8lbs due to lack of appetite and all the puking I've done over the last week.

With my 2 previous pregnancies, I wore my jeans all the way up to delivery. They were unbuttoned but they still fit in the bum and thighs. That is so not happening this time.

Mama to my 3 wild things.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:13 PM

Technically they fit but they are soooo uncomfortable so I bought some maternity clothes from Old Navy last weekend (my stuff from my other kids seems so outdated and ugly now! lol)

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter
Old 09-29-2007, 12:14 PM

Not me! I didn't imagine buying maternity clothing so early (6 weeks), but I had gained a bit of weight before conceiving so my clothes were alerady snug...and the last time I tried to wear regular pants all day my whole lower tummy ached all day after and it scared me, so I went out and bought mat clothes...some of them are a bit big on me still, but that's fine; at least they are comfortable! I LOVE my maternity jeans (as long as nobody sees the elastic waist that comes up to my breasts!)....they are ultra comfy and look good too (with a longer top). We haven't told anyone yet, so I've been trying to find clothes that I can wear to conceal the growing bump. I'm only 7 weeks, so I think we may have to start telling before the three months mark as we had originally planned...pretty soon it will be all too obvious!
Old 09-29-2007, 12:16 PM

I'm still in regular clothes, but they are uncomfy. I went and bought maternity jeans today and just need to get them hemmed.

My last pregnancy I was in regular clothes til 6 months though.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:40 PM

Hi everyone,

I am expecting #4, going into my 9th week, and have not been in my regular clothes for a few weeks. I think that my permanent pre baby bulge met up with my newly expanding uterus and aha I have a new bloatation device-my stomach! I feel like I look 6 months pregnant with the combination of above physical characterisitcs.

The challenging part has been, I usually wear jeans and maternity jeans (the kind with the big panel that make my bump look smooth) but lately due to morning sickness, I don't want any constricting bands on my upper abdomen. So, I spent half the week in my striped pj bottoms.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:53 PM

Regular clothes, but I'm not even 8 weeks yet.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm only six weeks so still in regular clothes. I can usually wear my regular jeans for my whole pregnancy because I'm pretty tall and carry my babies really high.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 09-29-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilki8 View Post
I'm in my normal clothes and expect (hope!) to be for a while yet. With my first, I didn't start wearing maternity clothes until I was 20+ weeks.
Same here. In fact, I never even adjusted my maternity pants (they had adjustable side panels) until the very end of my pregnancy, when I was horribly swollen. I was actually able to make do with a lot of shirts I already owned as well, since they were either stretchy or big to begin with. I won't be so lucky this time around, as I'll need bigger sweaters and such to get through the winter!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:12 PM

I'm still in my regular clothes, but I've had IBS for years and can't stand to have any pressure on my abdomen, so all of my clothes were baggy to start out with.

My body doesn't seem to have changed much yet, but I'm not even at 9 weeks, so maybe that's normal.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:15 PM

I have one pair of jeans that I've retired (it just hits the wrong spot on my tummy - I also hate them when I'm not pregnant, like during PMS times and if I gain a couple pounds). My other jeans I am still wearing, they seem to fit pretty much the same. I have gained like 4 pounds (yikes!) but everything is fitting relatively the same, I think. I think I look more bloated in my belly (which already looked at least 5 months pregnant before I we even conceived!) but DH doesn't see it.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:11 PM

I am, but it won't be long before I move into my maternity pants. I'm still the same size/weight, but my belly (at 8 weeks) has definitely popped.

I'm going to have to break out the Bella Band to get me through the next few weeks!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:15 PM

Ugh, the Bella Band makes me nauseous.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molck View Post
I'm still in my regular clothes, but I've had IBS for years and can't stand to have any pressure on my abdomen, so all of my clothes were baggy to start out with.
ugggh me too. pressure on my abdomen hurts so bad and makes me gassy(er).

i'm not even 6 weeks yet, so i'm still in my regular clothes (mostly low-rise pants and about a size too big). i'm guessing i'll be in maternity by the end of october, but i love maternity pants. so comfy! i also just got a new pair of maternity jeans from the gap ($19.99!!), and i'm excited to wear them. maternity is only fun for me when i don't REALLY need it.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:49 PM

Still in regular clothes here. And I'm pretty surprised by it. My PG girlfriends are already "unbuttoning" but I'm still hanging in there. I think it's coming soon though...I've got to go over to a few friends houses to collect maternity clothes but I have some up-sized clothes that should do me for a while.

Surprisingly enough for me, I've lost another 3.5 pounds this past week even though I am eating...though smaller quantities to stave off the nausea.

~Alison

Mummy to Miss I (3/05), Miss A (5/08), and #3 (EDD 9/12)

Old 09-29-2007, 09:18 PM

I'm just past 9 weeks, and am starting to have to unbutton the top button. I don't remember when I transitioned to maternity with dd, but it wasn't this early. Of course, it is normal to "pop" earlier with subsequent pregnancies. I do remember I spent a month or two in pants that were just one size up before going to maternity (it was really hard for me to find maternity clothes for work ... I'm so tall, all the pants were floods on me . Anyway, I think this time I'll probably just go straight to maternity (or all elastic), and it will be happening in the next few weeks at the latest.

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:53 PM

I've lost about 3 lbs so my clothes fit great at the end of the 7th week. I'm not holding my breath though ... I know that as soon as this nausea is gone, the lbs are gonna pile on. I still have the mat clothes form 2 years ago so I am set (I got pregnant in July last time and in August this time so all the same clothes will work for us!!)
Old 09-29-2007, 10:14 PM

I can't button my jeans any more and they feel really uncomfortable. I am okay in my shorts that have a really low rise but, that won't work much longer. I'll be out shopping soon.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
Old 09-30-2007, 02:14 AM

I'm not even close yet. (7 weeks with #2) Actually, two weeks ago I went to Old Navy and bought some new size 2 jeans!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Regular jeans. My pants are all low waisted though; If they went around my waist that would be a different story!

I was eying some maternity jeans and cords at old navy on the weekend but couldnt justify buying them yet ... maybe next week?!

I am just putting all my summer clothes away and will see what winter clothes I have stored and what will work for pregnancy. I also have a tub of old pregnancy stuff and post pregnancy pants I kept and Ill rummage through that and figure out what I really need before going back to Old Navy

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
Old 09-30-2007, 05:33 PM

I'm just past 9wks now and still in regular clothes. Sometimes I unbutton the jeans, but that's because they make me nauseous with how they hit "just wrong". They're actually a bit looser, I lost a couple of pounds and have definitely gained some boob mass (up 2 sizes now). My bras don't fit at all, and some of my shirts don't fit right, but the pants are just fine. I think they will be for a bit yet, but I'm starting to feel better some of the time now, so things may change soon...

ribbonrainbow.gif: mamas to one DD (5/08) and two DS's (11/9/10 @ 35wks)
blogging.jpgnocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifgd.gif1pump.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gif
Old 09-30-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRockstar View Post
Does it count if I'm in my regular jeans, but the button is undone? I'm going to have to go shopping soon.
I spoke too soon. I did the laundry and now I can't get my pants on. What am I going to wear tomorrow? What am i going to wear to go shopping? I was a size two when I got pregnant the last time. I am no longer a size two - so those won't work. Uh-oh.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:21 PM

I'm still very much in regular clothes (well, one pair of slim-cut pants aren't comfortable), but I have a few things going for me. I'm tall (5'11"), large-framed, with a long torso, and this is my first pregnancy. I also lost about 30# last year, so I have a lot of bigger "regular" clothes that I'm pulling out again. The pants are ridiculously loose in the legs, but they are comfy and don't look TOO weird.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyquilts View Post
i am still in all regular clothes, but I am just at 6 weeks and i am kinda scrawny. I hope i pop soon becuase i want to start getting "pregnant woman" attention, lol.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:53 AM

I'm 10 weeks, 1 day today and I'm still in regular clothes. And this is my 5th pregnancy! I would have thought that I would be needing to at least unbutton by now, but so far everything is still fitting. : I'm having pregnancy amnesia and cannot of the life of me remember when I started wearing maternity clothes with the other ones. The only thing I remember is that I had definitely been wearing maternity clothes for at least a couple of weeks when I lost #4 at 15 weeks. So I'm expecting that sometime in the next few weeks I'll get to go shopping! Yea! After the miscarriage I gave away all my maternity clothes so this time I get to start fresh with a whole new wardrobe!

User Tag List