How many children do you want? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 09-30-2007, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is baby #3, and most probably our last. Me and pregnancy just don't do well, and I just can't do it myself again or put my family through it again either. I would love to have 4 kids I think but it's just not in the cards I guess.

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 45 Old 09-30-2007, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have always wanted four.
This is number five.
#33 of 45 Old 09-30-2007, 08:13 PM

I think two is our limit for "made-by-us" babies. I'd consider adopting one more, or perhaps fostering after we're done, though.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#34 of 45 Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 PM

This will be #2 for us and when I got married I was pretty sure that I only wanted 2 and DH was totally ok with that....Well now I would like 3-4 but he's really not that excited about having a large family(he's the oldest of 4). So we have decided to see what #2 brings and if it feels right we'll try for
#3. I'm ok with that. He just wants to make sure we don't overwhelm our financial situation and that we can still do the things we do now(travel etc) with our kids. Anyway....that's it!

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#35 of 45 Old 09-30-2007, 10:11 PM

We plan to have three in total. My first son is 12 and from a previous relationship, so now we are on #2, but it is the first for DH. We both want to have two more to make three in all. But, who knows what will happen in the future...you never can tell.
#36 of 45 Old 09-30-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molck View Post
This is pg #1. We want two, probably adopting the second. But who knows how my mind will change in the future (and when I'm not on the verge of puking).
Agreed. DH and I wanted to try one, adopt one, and then decide from then on out which way to go in the future. We'll be doing older-child adoptions, though, 6yo and up.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#37 of 45 Old 10-01-2007, 12:06 AM

We always said 3 or 4. After #3 I was sure that was it. I'm glad dh and I agree on never doing anything permanent to prevent pregnancy. Because after the memory of horrible morning sickness faded I was ready to do it again. This will be our second attempt at #4. Before our first attmept at #4 I was starting to think maybe 5. But after two months of m/s, then a miscarriage, and now being back in the throes of m/s again, I think this will be it. But we won't be doing anything permanent, so you never know!
#38 of 45 Old 10-01-2007, 07:40 PM

I'd like at least five, probably six, but I think eight is my max

Seriously!
#39 of 45 Old 10-01-2007, 09:05 PM

Well, this is baby #3, although it'll be our first living child. I've always wanted to have 3 but we're starting to think that 2 might be a stretch, especially depending on how this pregnancy goes. I really, really want to have another one after this though since I don't like the idea of an only child.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#40 of 45 Old 10-01-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Agreed. DH and I wanted to try one, adopt one, and then decide from then on out which way to go in the future. We'll be doing older-child adoptions, though, 6yo and up.

That's awesome! So many people that adopt don't want older children and the "problems" they come with. I feel so sad for older children that get lost in the system.
#41 of 45 Old 10-02-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stace View Post
That's awesome! So many people that adopt don't want older children and the "problems" they come with. I feel so sad for older children that get lost in the system.
Yeah, it's something we've always been serious about. I went to school with a couple of girls who went into the system at 8 and were there until they got kicked out at 18 because nobody wanted an older child, and especially siblings. So that's what we'll do. Besides, DH is always much more comfortable around older children than babies.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#42 of 45 Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 AM

It is so hard on the kids... yet you have to balance protecting your family too. I lived in a group home for 2 years and knew some of those unwanted kids. I always wondered what happened to them. We have adopted 5 children so far. Our children were 6, 9, 11 and 13 when they came to us. (they are now 23, 21, 18, 16,) a few years later we adopted their neice (5) who is now 12. It is a rocky road, but I would not change it. We tried to adopt again, but the local red tape is awful (we previously adopted in another state) There are kids we have said no to- because we truly felt they would endanger the children we are already raising. So... we keep it in prayer... and I do hope we are blessed through adoption again. TraceyKy Wife, mama, midwife
#43 of 45 Old 10-02-2007, 12:02 PM

This will be our 1st & I think we want 2. I always thought 3, but after being a nanny for a few families with 2 children it seems like a nice amount. Who knows?

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

#44 of 45 Old 10-02-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceyky View Post
It is so hard on the kids... yet you have to balance protecting your family too. I lived in a group home for 2 years and knew some of those unwanted kids. I always wondered what happened to them. We have adopted 5 children so far. Our children were 6, 9, 11 and 13 when they came to us. (they are now 23, 21, 18, 16,) a few years later we adopted their neice (5) who is now 12. It is a rocky road, but I would not change it. We tried to adopt again, but the local red tape is awful (we previously adopted in another state) There are kids we have said no to- because we truly felt they would endanger the children we are already raising. So... we keep it in prayer... and I do hope we are blessed through adoption again. TraceyKy Wife, mama, midwife
That's fantastic! What a wonderful way to build a family. I agree that you also have to keep in mind the safety of the family. Yours seems to be a great example of how to do it right.

#45 of 45 Old 10-02-2007, 12:14 PM

We were married for 10 years before deciding we wanted a baby - we both had convinced each other that we were fine being childless.

While we were holding our little boy for the first time, we looked at each other and said "let's do this again!"

Since then, DH has said he'd like a dozen if they could all be as wonderful as our first. I don't think that is possible (or if he's even serious), since we waited so long to begin.

I've pretty much decided that this is the decade for babies. I spent my entire 20's avoiding pregnancy, so I'll spend my 30's letting whatever happen, happen. Maybe I'll be finished birthing babies by 40!

So - our number is however many I can have over the next 10 years! I haven't been on b/c since the birth of DS one year ago, and not pregnant yet.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page