Anyone just not feel like eating healthy foods? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 09-30-2007, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So very few foods even sound good to me these days, but the ones that do are usually not healthy, except for Sesame Crispbread, which I could eat by the pound. I'm still getting my fruits, but veggies just don't sound good. But pass the cookies or the french fries! I was SO super careful to eat really healthy with DD I'm feeling guilty.
#2 of 27 Old 09-30-2007, 09:29 PM

I am eating like crap, just like with dd. I feel so guilty about it, but it's that or starve . I hope to make up for it in the second and third trimesters ...

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#3 of 27 Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 AM

: Pizza is my best friend.

I'm doing a terrible job of not gaining 60 lbs like I did with DD.
#4 of 27 Old 10-01-2007, 11:52 AM

Right there with you. The thought of any vegetable unless covered in cheese or deep-fried grosses me out. The idea of a (gasp!) green salad with crisp veggies? :Puke

I'm of the belief that you need to eat, and it's better to eat something bad than nothing at all. My OB on Friday was like "remember, eat for one, drink water for two." I felt like strangling her. dude, if you felt as ill as I did in the morning, when lunch rolled around, you'd be housing the pizza too.

Anyway, yes, I am right there with you.
#5 of 27 Old 10-01-2007, 12:20 PM

Oh I am so with you guys. I was doing so well - fresh veggies for snacks, tons of water, walking 1-3 miles a day. Now? Ha! The thought of even imagining carrots or broccoli makes me want to hurl. Pizza is in the oven as I type. What the heck is up with puking up my totally yummy and healthy soup, but longing for and successfully digesting a chili cheese dog??? That's just wrong, I tell you! Wrong, wrong, wrong. And water? *maybe* if it's perfectly ice cold. Chocolate milk? 50% chance of non-ick. Cranberry sprite from Sonic? Mmmm...

Surely this will be better after this ick-mester is over and I can work hard at being super healthy again, right? Right??

-MM
#6 of 27 Old 10-01-2007, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, I think it'll get better in the second trimester...I'm glad I'm not alone. Right now I'm craving mexican. Yummmmmm.
#7 of 27 Old 10-01-2007, 02:01 PM

Eating total crap here, too. I weighed myself this morning and was surprised I haven't gained 10 pounds (I've maybe gained 3 since conception, not great but not too bad). Crackers are my best friend - with cheese, peanut butter, cream cheese. And muffins. Yum, I love muffins.

We did eat two heads of broccoli last week...in a casserole made with cracker crumbs (of course!), cream of mushroom soup and lots of cheese. I figure better to eat it smothered than not at all...?
#8 of 27 Old 10-01-2007, 02:23 PM

I'm right there with you! I feel bad as i did so good with dd. And this one I don't even want to think about all the stuff I didn't eat or drink with dd, as that is all I want now!! Pizza sounds so good!!! And I second the mexican! And I can't get the water down. It doesn't sound good, look good, or taste good. Mama*Moon, those cranberry drinks are awesome! I have to drive right by Sonic and my mouth starts watering a few blocks up! So why is it so hard this time? Do I just give in and eat up? Or keep saying " carrot, you are a big chili-dog, smothered in chesse. So wonderfully full of fat and other things I don't want to know about. Wait, this tastes wrong.......like.......... carrot?!!!" Sigh. Now I'm really hungry.

Stella caffix.gif wife to DH love.gif mommy to DD 4/06 homebirth.jpg DS 5/08  uc.jpgDS 6/10 uc.jpg   & birthmom to J 11/03

#9 of 27 Old 10-01-2007, 02:57 PM

I'm trying to find healthier versions of the junk foods I'm craving. I've been wanting chips, so I bought some tortilla chips and made my own salsa (way healthier than the jar stuff)... I even put some cheese or sour cream on them for nachos.

I'm hoping after the first trimester is over, I'll stop craving Coca-Cola and chips. It's bizarre.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#10 of 27 Old 10-01-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama*Moon View Post
Surely this will be better after this ick-mester is over and I can work hard at being super healthy again, right? Right??

-MM
I certainly hope so. I'm normally such a healthy eater.

Honestly, though, eating this junk feels so good. I'm forcing down an apple as we speak b/c I need the fibre and I know I need my fruits. I can't help but contrast the way I feel eating it with the way I felt eating my cheeseburger that I had for lunch! That burger just felt so good ... it went a level beyond feeding my hunger. It actually "felt" good. I can't explain. My DH thinks I am crazy. This weekend we got pizza. This is a normal thing on Friday nights. But I'm so vocal about how good the pizza is, and isn't this the best pizza we've had in months? and oh my god, I may have to have a third slice it is so good! and don't you think they must be doing something different b/c it just tastes so darn good! My DH looked at me like I was nuts. Maybe I am!
#11 of 27 Old 10-01-2007, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm right there with you. I don't feel guilty about it because I'm generally not a healthy eater so it's the norm for me. I do my best anyway.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#12 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 12:09 AM

I've been eating pretty well, but the only thing I want to drink is soda. Seriously, that's ALL I've been drinking, like 4-5 cans a day.
#13 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 09:30 AM

oooh! finally found the thread I belong in. :

The only things that will go down (much less stay down) are things I am diametrically opposed to normally! We normally eat vegan (health reasons, not ethical) and ALL I can eat now is ice cream, yogurt, kefir, eggs, cottage cheese, cheese and lemon merignue pie. with the occasional mini candy bar.
#14 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 12:28 PM

Oh my gosh Lemon Meringue pie sounds heavenly.

I can't stop craving Pop Tarts. How repulsive is that? I usually find them totally disgusting. I am so sick though, whatever I can get down and keep there is a blessing.
#15 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 12:30 PM

I should NOT come into this thread! Whenever I do, I see something else that I must have.

Pop-Tarts. Oh Pop-Tarts. Frosted Strawberry or Frosted Cherry Pop-Tarts. Not toasted ... just straight out of the pack.

Evil!
#16 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 01:45 PM

I am SO right there with you ladies. I used to LOVE salads and snap peas and carrots, and now all I want to eat is macaroni and cheese! This is my first pregnancy, and I was so convinced that I was going to do everything right for this baby! I even went to Weight Watchers when we started trying and lost about 35 pounds. Pretty sure I've gained about 10 back since starting IVF a few weeks before conception. Argh...

You guys are making me feel SO MUCH BETTER! Now where did I put that macaroni?
#17 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 01:51 PM

Please. Lunch today? A wrap sandwich with extra horseradish mayo, salt & vinegar chips and a Sprite.

The only redeeming aspect was the lettuce and tomato on the sandwich, which were, of course, smothered in the mayo.

But I feel better.
#18 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennythx View Post
Oh my gosh Lemon Meringue pie sounds heavenly.

I can't stop craving Pop Tarts. How repulsive is that? I usually find them totally disgusting. I am so sick though, whatever I can get down and keep there is a blessing.
I was majorly craving Pop Tarts around 5 weeks. I was staying with family who kept them around and I couldn't stay out of them!

Now, MAYBE one thing a day sounds good. I don't like eating. I force myself to do it to keep from puking more since I am nursing a DD who has decided to cut solids from her diet.
#19 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

I can't even think about what to cook for dinner until it's upon me since food just sounds gross, so I keep forgetting everything's in the freezer. Well last night I send DH to the store b/c DD needed bananas, grapes, and yogurt, so I told him to get a frozen pizza and a loaf of french bread, I'd make garlic bread and salads. Well, I couldn't even get the salad down, I SCARFED the garlic bread down (half a loaf! : ) but one bite of the frozen pizza and my stomach majorly disagreed. Ahhh....can't wait for the second trimester!

Today I've had lemon yogurt and a blueberry donut. And that's it....nothing sounds good except Trident wintergreen gum.
#20 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 05:22 PM

I'm right there with you all! My wife was eating a salad the other night and the smell made me nauseous. I like salads! I've been eating lots of sweets, too Usually I can avoid them, but lately nothing that is good for me sounds remotely appealing. The thought of cooking spinach makes me gag, but a brownie? Sure, I can eat that!

Used to be stay at home parent to our two lovely girls, survived nursing school with family intact, about to graduate and looking for a job! I low-supply nursed my bio daughter for 3 years. 

#21 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 06:42 PM

My problem is that I'm eating healthy foods...and junk foods! I am afraid I'll gain 100 lbs at this rate! Everyday I seem to find myself in the candy aisle buyng myself a chocolate bar or a bag of gummy bears (I know that is a weird craving for an adult to be having). Plus I eat my regular meals. I don't have much nausea, only now and then, but mostly I often can't think of anything that sounds good to cook. So when I do find something appealing, I eat too much of it! Arggg!:
#22 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennythx View Post
I can't stop craving Pop Tarts. How repulsive is that?
totally! (try them frozen! mmmmm!)

Quote:
I can't even think about what to cook for dinner until it's upon me since food just sounds gross
DH is doing the cooking.
#23 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Days View Post
a bag of gummy bears (I know that is a weird craving for an adult to be having).
No, cuz you know what sounds good? SOUR PATCH KIDS.

*falls to the ground and moans in agony*

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#24 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 09:49 PM

QUOTE blizzard_babe

mmmm! sounds great! if only there were a DQ nearby!
#25 of 27 Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 PM

I have been craving cinnamon type donut type things - bad! Yesterday I suggested to DH that we go to IKEA just to get their cinnamon rolls. Yum, love those cinnamon rolls!!! In a pinch cinnamon toast will do.

Mom to Elena 5/08 & George 8/09.
#26 of 27 Old 10-03-2007, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

So I rediscovered V8. Loaded with sodium but it's the only veggie I'm getting right now.
#27 of 27 Old 10-03-2007, 10:14 PM

:

Thank God for smoothies, protien shakes, supplements and the occasional craving for a healthy salad or fresh fruit or this poor baby would be very malnourished!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page