Anybody having a tough time cleaning? - Mothering Forums
May 2008 > Anybody having a tough time cleaning?
lovingmommyhood's Avatar lovingmommyhood 01:08 PM 10-01-2007
I am done doing dishes for awhile. I was loading the dishwasher today and came across a sippy cup of milk that was well past it's prime. *shiver* It's bringing the vomit back up just thinking about it.

I'm also having a hard time cleaning the toilet. I think it's just the thought of it that makes me nauseated since I'm already feeling sick.

Anybody elses house going downhill fast? :

diobolic_derbygirl's Avatar diobolic_derbygirl 01:21 PM 10-01-2007
yes!!! my entire house stinks to me, from the moment I wake up and walk out into the livingroom, the smell (which of course no one else can smell) makes me hurl.

dishes?! no way. and I LOVE cleaning my kitchen. The one thing I CAN do is laundry because the lovely smells of the soap and bounce sheets keep me level.

luckily, I have some helpers in the house who have been super helpful to me.
green_momma2007's Avatar green_momma2007 01:38 PM 10-01-2007
HMMMM....I was never much of a cleaner to begin with. But I've become seriously lazy since becoming pregnant. My mom ( who has a very clean home) has come over a few times and keeps on ragging on me on how I need to get it together b/c once the second baby comes we can't all be living in filth. Granted, the last couple of days I've been trying to be more responsible in my housekeeping duties ( made lasagna and two turkey meatloafs for the freezer yesterday ). Hopefully once this first triester fog lifts up I'll get my act together and be a cleaning cooking superstar! hooray!
Artichokie's Avatar Artichokie 01:42 PM 10-01-2007
*lurker*

I am now at 30 weeks and have had a very hard time cleaning since I became pregnant. For the most part, my DP is in charge of cleaning up the dirty dishes in the kitchen and wiping down the counters. I can cook, but only if the kitchen is clean. DP is in charge of cleaning the bathrooms, because if I try to clean them, I will throw up, which gives him even more to clean up because there will be barf to clean up, too.
thismama's Avatar thismama 01:43 PM 10-01-2007
My place is an absolute wreck. The floors are strewn with toys, my bedroom is full of clean but unfolded laundry. It's horrible.

I am sick and I just have no energy. What I do have I'm using for schoolwork. Yesterday was a really sicky day and all I did was lay on the sofa. I did some schoolwork and played cards with my kid. That is it.

Gah.
LittleRockstar's Avatar LittleRockstar 02:07 PM 10-01-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post

I'm also having a hard time cleaning the toilet. I think it's just the thought of it that makes me nauseated since I'm already feeling sick.

You're never supposed to clean the toilet when you're trying not to be sick. Any action facing the toilet or bending near it will be interpreted by your body as admitting defeat and will make you throw up.

My house is a wreck and my dogs are starving. I have tumblehair from the dogs and I simply cannot feed them. I can't look at raw meat and I certainly can't smell dog food. DH has taken over all kitchen duties. It's all I can do to rinse DD's breakfast dishes.

Today it's rainy and my dogs aren't as clean as they normally are, so I'm battling wet dog smell.

You are not alone. I'm a mess too.
tschecter's Avatar tschecter 02:19 PM 10-01-2007
I am having a hard time doing ANYTHING.... even sitting at the sewing machine is hard, but I don't know why... but the hardest thing of all... DIAPER WASH!!! and diaper changes, which of course I don't have a choice... but ever since I got preggo, DS's Pee smells really strong, but not just to me... I think I have lost some supply nursing, and I think he needs more liquids, so I have been giving him extrsa water, juice, and even a little cows milk to supplement (he's 18mos, so not such a stratch anyway) also, he is hardly nursing anymore when he does nurse now... oh, so sad, hes growing up

nbut cleaning... yeah, that just doen't happen.
lovingmommyhood's Avatar lovingmommyhood 02:53 PM 10-01-2007
glad to see I'm not alone!

DH just called to see what we are up to. I told him I feel like crap and I'm sitting her like a lump all greasy from not showering. He said "it's really nice out, like 70" I said "What's your point?"

I do not feel like showering, getting the kids ready, hauling them down 2 flights of stairs and going out into the great, bright outdoors.

I'd rather sit around and mope thanks.
Steve's Wife's Avatar Steve's Wife 02:58 PM 10-01-2007
The kitchen is just too much. I can't handle the smells. Yuck-o. And diaper laundry isn't so bad, but I haven't stuffed the pocket diapers in a week. We've got two seperate loads of clean diapers still sitting in the baskets in my room, along with some other laundry. And I am usually very neat and tidy.
merry-mary's Avatar merry-mary 04:08 PM 10-01-2007
Oh yes. The only scent that doesn't make me ill is our dishwasher detergent and dishwashing liquid. Every other cleaning supply makes me want to hurl. Thank goodness DH has picked up the slack.
KatWrangler's Avatar KatWrangler 05:13 PM 10-01-2007
My house is a pit right now. Its not the smell of cleaning, its I just don't have energy and I am still dealing with nausea (not smell triggered).

About all I can do is unload/reload the dishwasher, make dinner/lunch/breakfast and take care of the kids. Then I want to go to bed.
green_momma2007's Avatar green_momma2007 05:30 PM 10-01-2007
Now I'm pissed.....cause it seems like a lot of you have partners who help you. my husband does didly squat. granted, he works 6 days a week and I'm a SAHM, so technically the housework is my work, but what the hell. He get's off at 6 while my job is 24/7. He never does the dishes, never picks up his dirty clothes from the bathroom floor, leaves his nailclippings everywhere. the only thing he ever does is once in a while he will cook, but that's it.
sorry, I had to rant.
KatWrangler's Avatar KatWrangler 05:59 PM 10-01-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_momma2007 View Post
Now I'm pissed.....cause it seems like a lot of you have partners who help you. my husband does didly squat. granted, he works 6 days a week and I'm a SAHM, so technically the housework is my work, but what the hell. He get's off at 6 while my job is 24/7. He never does the dishes, never picks up his dirty clothes from the bathroom floor, leaves his nailclippings everywhere. the only thing he ever does is once in a while he will cook, but that's it.
sorry, I had to rant.

Your hubby needs to help you. Have you talked to him?
LittleRockstar's Avatar LittleRockstar 06:28 PM 10-01-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_momma2007 View Post
sorry, I had to rant.
Clearly he underestimates the power of pregnancy hormones.

Seriously, under normal circumstances, my DH holds down the couch when he's home. But lately he's been getting up early to clean the kitchen and make sure the garbage is out so there's nothing stinky in the house. And he works 7 days a week. 10-15 hour days.
KatWrangler's Avatar KatWrangler 08:02 PM 10-01-2007

I just took out the kitchen trash and promptly went into the bathroom and threw up from the smell.

Blech!
Korimomto2's Avatar Korimomto2 08:44 PM 10-01-2007
My house is a wreck.

It's driving me insane and making me even more sick, but I don't have the energy to even attempt to clean it.
SumnerRain's Avatar SumnerRain 09:20 PM 10-01-2007
I think as soon as you get your BFP a maid, nanny and cook should knock on your door and stay until your kids are in college, free of charge of course.
Shanana's Avatar Shanana 10:59 PM 10-01-2007
Cleaning? What's that?
sweetcheeks's Avatar sweetcheeks 11:23 PM 10-01-2007
Add me to the list. My house is slowly going to hell in a handbasket. Not cool b/c while I'm not overly anal about my house being clean, I do prefer things to be kept up nicely. I just don't have the energy to keep up with it. The kids have been pretty good about picking up their toys and books when I ask them (I play the "mommy isn't feeling well and would really appreciate your help" card ). DH is good about doing the dishes and getting the trash out, as those are "his" chores, but he hasn't really done much of anything else. I'm starting to feel better now that the Diclectin my MW prescribed me is taking care of the nausea/vomiting so hopefully I can get my house back in order before we take off for the weekend.
NatureMama3's Avatar NatureMama3 12:02 AM 10-02-2007
you know, I went through a really huge nesting thing in the week before my BFP and the week after. This week, though, I'm a nauseated slug.
Up