Vitamin B6 for morning sickness? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone tried this? My doc recommended it to me, so I was just curious if anyone had luck with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 10:29 AM

I used it last pg, in place of the expensive prescription Diclectin, which is made up of B6 and an anti-nausea drug ( I think). My dh makes fun of me though because one day I accidentally picked up B12 instead of B6, and took it for days without noticing, until one day I read the label. I am very open to suggestion, so I guess I tricked my mind into making it work. I mentioned the other day that I was going to pick up 'either some B6 or B12, doens't matter which one' and he chuckled.

I'll say it worked though!
#3 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 12:48 PM

YES!

I started ms this time round at only 5 weeks, and was feeling annoyed and discouraged by it. It did back off a bit at 6 weeks and I picked up B6 around then. I have been taking two sublingual tablets a day (17mg each i think) and I tell ya, I am not feeling too sick at all! I almost feel good, except for the hunger and the tiredness. . .and weird food aversions. But this is way better than with DS. I like B6! I am now at 8.5 weeks and feel like I'm nearing the end of trimester one, though this is not yet so. . .
#4 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 12:57 PM

I'm taking 25 mg 2x a day and have been for just over a couple weeks now.

I don't know if it's working or not, but before I started my nausea was all day every day and intolerable. The last few days (that is, after two weeks of b6 and no change) I've had a few hours in the afternoons where, though I'm still nauseous, I feel like I can function as a normal person.

I'm at about 8 weeks now.
#5 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Just wanted to jump in and say it did not help me. At all. All that did was upping the protein I could choke down, and you may be able to try some pregnancy tea. Even with every remedy I tried (even the wrist bands), it just had to go away on it's own.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#6 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 02:24 PM

I've been taking morning sickness magic, which is B6 and ginger and a few other things. I've been taking it for a week now and my nausea is way more tolerable. For 2 weeks I was pretty much stuck in bed all day becuase I felt like such crap, now it's only coming in waves. I'm able to eat and drink more water now too which I couldn't before because I was so blech... so that definitely helps as well.

Some people have no luck with it but I have big time, so I'd say it is worth a try!

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#7 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 06:01 PM

I have read that morning sickness is usually caused by a chronic B6 deficiency, but I don't know anything about correcting it during pregnancy. I tried to load up on B6 in preparation and I think it's helped alot.

have you tried nutritional yeast? I love it and it's loaded with B vitamins.
#8 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 06:06 PM

I've been taking a b vitamin complex for several months but I don't know if I would be more queasy w/o it. I read most postpartum women lask in the bvits so I take a supplement.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page