Curious about nausea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you who experienced nausea in past pregnancies, typically how long did it last? Am I deluding myself into believing that it will most likely disappear by the end of the first trimester? Maybe I do not want to know the answer ...

I did not experience any nausea whatsoever with my first, so this is all new to me. Fun.

Thanks!
#2 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 12:32 PM

Last pregnancy it ended with a big bang at 16 weeks with a trip to the hospital with hyper-emesis. It was brutal last time, but after 16 weeks was totally gone. I got 9 weeks to go at this point and am pretty miserable, but at least I know when it should end, I hope!!!!

I hope it subsides quicker for you Merry-Mary.
#3 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 01:17 PM

Last time I didn't have anything more than a bit of queasiness in the first tri, and it went away at about 10 weeks. It hit me with a vengeance about halfway through my second tri, though, and I also ended up in the hospital several times. I was ill pretty much from that point until the end. Sorry, I know that's not reassuring (but at least it's not a typical experience!).
#4 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 02:03 PM

My first pregnancy, it lasted week 8-13. I threw up about 5-6 times a day, basically first thing in the morning and any time I ate something. It was way better than my current situation, throwing up 1-2 times a day but being soooo nauseated I can barely eat. It started at 6 weeks and I am now 8 weeks in the thick of it.
#5 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 02:11 PM

Okay, this is extreme, but my Mom threw up with my one brother the entire pregnancy! She was sick the whole 40 weeks. Not sure about the rest of us kids.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#6 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 PM

I don't get vomiting (at least not so far, *fingers crossed*!) but last time my nausea started around 5-6 weeks and continued on and off till 14 weeks. But the peak was 7-9 weeks...after that I had good days in between the queasy ones. This pregnancy seems to be following a similar pattern.
#7 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 04:42 PM

For my first two kids the m/s ended by week 13. Hoping for the same thing this go around!
#8 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 06:04 PM
jmo

With my first pregnancy I was mildly nauseous from wks 6-12. With my last pg I m/c'd I was extremely nauseous from the start (before I even got an bfp) until I lost the baby at around 11 wks. With this pg I still have no nausea at all at about 5.5 wks.

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
#9 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 06:27 PM

i had nausea (and random puking) last time till about 12 weeks...literally once the 2nd trimester hit i felt fabulous! (this is what is getting me through the queasiness now...holding on to the thought that i'll feel better in a few weeks..) here's hoping!
#10 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 PM

I think it's different for everyone. My first pg I had it for the first few weeks and thought it was terrible. That was until I had Hyperemesis with my second pregnancy and lost 10 pounds, now that was terrible. The second time it lasted until about week 18 then went away.

I hope it gets better for you soon!

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#11 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 PM

With my first I had ms from about 7 weeks until about 19 weeks. It started out sort of gradually, but then I was throwing up every day, sometimes multiple times a day. It finally did end, though.

lady.gif mama to H. 4/05 and A. 9/08 and baby C. 10/11

#12 of 13 Old 10-02-2007, 09:54 PM

most people don't have it much beyond the 1st. truly.

I am a "lucky" one who gets it the whole way through.
#13 of 13 Old 10-03-2007, 02:44 AM

I've had hyperemesis with both pregnancies - the first lasted until about 6 1/2 months. So far I'm 7 weeks with this pregnancy, and I'm sure hoping it doesn't last as long this time!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page