when you are overwhelmed and its just like - how it has to be - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im having a panic...

Im a first year special ed teacher (well 4th year but 1st in a very very amazing district with high expectations).

I have a toddler who is 17 months old and beautiful

I have a husband who is great but works out of town a lot. And my husband is amazing but in desperate need of a med change for his depression (appt thursday)

Im a grad student - i have to take 2 classes or my teaching license is going to expire (ooops poor planning)

I have a long term (managed) auto immune disease that requires me to sleep a decent amount (7-8 hours)

so basically....
Im loopy :P

I do have awesome family and a great nanny (yay for MDC finding your tribe). I just need more hours in the day to get my work done.

Id like to cry but Im at work on my prep - I had lunch and now I just am trying to breathe but I should be grading papers.

*breathe*

Thanks for listening

Former Special Ed Teacher  now SAHM mamma to 2 girls autismribbon.gif(4/06) and thumbsuck.gif (5/08) EBF via donor milk. Wife DH : Fur mamma to 2 pugs and 1 grey kitty - its a zoo around here!  pos.gif Feb 2013..Will you help feed our new blessing?winner.jpg

#2 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 01:17 PM

That's ok, I just wrote this post in the pregnancy forum in the main area about baby showers:

I'd love to have one for this baby. I never really got one (the people who showed up were all my mom's friends, and they're really nice ladies, but it was somewhat akward), and I only had about 3 people come. We weren't expecting to try for another so soon, so we gave away ALL DD's baby stuff when we moved Cross-country (military move). It's like starting all over with this one.

But more than the gifts, I'd like the feeling that someone cared enough about me and the baby here in NJ that they'd want to throw a party for me... seeing as all my family is in CA. I guess it comes down to I'm just really sad about being far away from my family and want a feeling of support here in jersey. Now I've deraied the thread, and i'm (pregnancy hormones) so I'll stop now...

and I'm just sitting here crying because I just realized how alone I really am (IRL) and yea.... I'm just sad. I miss my mommy! She's all the way in CA, and I've never lived more than about 15 minutes from her, and now I'm all the way cross-country.
#3 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 08:43 PM

Michelle, I have no idea how you're doing it! My life is way simpler than yours, and I still feel overwhelmed. The best you can do is just one day at a time. Put your head down, one foot in front of the other, and pray to make it through the first tri .

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#4 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 09:24 PM

arismom1029, where in NJ are you? We are in South Jersey and also have zero family around. No suppport system. It's so hard!!
#5 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korimomto2 View Post
arismom1029, where in NJ are you? We are in South Jersey and also have zero family around. No suppport system. It's so hard!!
We're in South Jersey too. Burlington Co.
#6 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#7 of 8 Old 10-03-2007, 06:36 PM

my mantra (while i was teaching, in grad school, and preggo with #1) was "45 minutes at a time"

i certainly have not been in your busy busy shoes, but i just wanted to remind you that teaching is very hard work and that your kids are so so blessed to have a teacher that cares about them. it always helped me to know that in the midst of the craziness that the job that i was doing really mattered (and i know that you don't always hear that from the kids, parents, or other teachers), so hang in there!
#8 of 8 Old 10-03-2007, 09:19 PM

oh, and oopsie, I was so upset earlier, I totally forgot this for you !!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page