if you have tried the bella band.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-02-2007, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is it worth it? or did it make your stomach feel like a sausage link?

:

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#2 of 15 Old 10-02-2007, 06:28 PM

I have a bella band but have not had to use it. I have the feeling though I could grow out of my ususal cloths and not know it. I work at home and get to wear elastic or drawstring PJ and lounge/yoga pants. I haven't tried on my jeans in a while. I might have to go shopping in my PJs soon

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#3 of 15 Old 10-02-2007, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have never had one but they look really cool!

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#4 of 15 Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 PM

I am currently 8 months preggo and have not bought a single pair of mat pants because of the fantastic invention of the bella band. I wear all my own jeans and pants and shirts and it works like a charm. It just looks like you're doing the 'layering look.' I own two. They're awesome and they're super comfy. Go get some.
#5 of 15 Old 10-02-2007, 06:48 PM

I have one and I like it. I thought it got uncomfortable though as my belly got bigger, so I wouldn't do it the whole time.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#6 of 15 Old 10-03-2007, 10:03 AM

loved it - for a while.
It's great 1st and 2nd but at some point it does get sausagey.
Worth it tho imo.
#7 of 15 Old 10-03-2007, 11:14 AM

I love mine. I need to get a second one in a different color (mine is black), as I'm starting to pop out of my regular clothes already.
#8 of 15 Old 10-03-2007, 11:34 AM

I have the bella band lookalike from motherhood maternity, much cheaper I believe. It works great, it just smooths out your unzipped pants. I do not find it restrictive at all, and i have quite of a belly already. I reccommend it for the first few months b/c is lets you wear a lot of your won regular pants.

Dalila, mom to two boys, 7 and 5

490/2013

#9 of 15 Old 10-03-2007, 11:47 AM

I haven't tried the bellaband, but I got a cheap knock-off from ebay for 8.00. It itches like crazy. So, all of this to say, go all-out and get something comfy.
#10 of 15 Old 10-03-2007, 12:09 PM

i looked on their website and i think i want one. Do you know if the work ok with low waisted kinda jeans? does it look like you just have on a longer tshirt underneath? Are these things made out of spandex or something? I wonder if its something i could make...anyone know?
gabby
#11 of 15 Old 10-03-2007, 12:25 PM

wish I had more, for when I can't find the one, I'd like a color, I have the Bella band in black.

I think I have a size 2 or something. I think to wear it in the last trimester, I'd have to get the larger size, but the one I have is working great, now. I have pants that were loose pre-preg, and now I'm wearing them unzipped with the Bella band. They are dress pants, I wear a lot of black tops, and I have the black bella band with lace, so it just looks like I'm wearing a cami underneath. VERY comfortable - I'd recommend it.

I bought 2 pairs of maternity pants, 1 is a dress pant for work, and another pair of sweatpats for the weekend. I think I'll need to buy larger sizes for both, but they'll be good in the next few weeks to probably end of the 2nd trimester. I'm also wearking a stretchy skirt, no bella band, but will probably have to let it out (I stiched the waistband to fit, now I need the room) and wear it with the bella band.
#12 of 15 Old 10-03-2007, 05:47 PM

I bought one, loved it really early on, but now it makes me want to puke, with the nausea I'm having. Stomach constriction is not pleasant. It's better than my non-maternity pants though, because it has *some* give.

The other thing is I paid $40 for it (Canada), and just bought two pairs of maternity jeans for $30 and $35 each. So... a little pricey!
#13 of 15 Old 10-03-2007, 06:19 PM

I bought 2 SAHM made from ebay that are really cute. One is black with white lace and the other is white with white lace. It was less than 25$ for the two of them with shipping.
#14 of 15 Old 10-03-2007, 07:01 PM

kristinc, can you share her ebay name or a link? i am really interested in these.
thanks
gabby
#15 of 15 Old 10-03-2007, 07:10 PM

I have one and just started using it. It really is a great idea, but I have to adjust it all the time because it comes up off my pants. I will keep trying it and hope I get the knack.

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page