Yawn... not too sick but the tireds are killing me! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-03-2007, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yawn, yawn.. I could sleep 1/2 of the day... but I can't! My inlaws are arriving from CA Thursday morning, the house is still messy, I need to do a postpartum check with one mommy and 3 prenatals tomorrow.... and no time to nap! One prenatal is a first time mommy having a first appointment... those always take 2 - 3 hours. I hope I seem attentive enough and don't yawn! At least the nausea is manageable :-)

Traceyky - wife, mama, midwife
#2 of 9 Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 AM

This is destroying me. With DS, I slept 20 hours a day for about 5 weeks, seriously. I am THAT tired now with #2 except I have a spirited toddler who doesn't nap. I am on the verge of collapse.
#3 of 9 Old 10-03-2007, 01:16 AM

I here ya'!!!! I am absolutely exhausted, but my 1 year old dd can't take care of herself. I'm so ready to get some energy back and stop wanting to sleep ALL DAY LONG!
#4 of 9 Old 10-03-2007, 09:45 AM

This is EXACTLY what I went through with my first pregnancy. As soon as I hit the second trimester, it was as though someone flipped a lightswitch and my energy was back. Hang in and rest as best as you can!
#5 of 9 Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 AM

By mid-day I am so ready for a nap. But, my kids would kill each other or do something awful if I left the 9yo in charge. DD likes to help clean the toilets and play in the dogfood and water occasionally. So, she needs a pretty close eye still. No naps for me. I just head to bed pretty early.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#6 of 9 Old 10-04-2007, 12:20 AM

It is sooooo painful, isn't it? I remember being like this when I was pregnant with dd, too bad I can't sleep now like I did then.

My trick has been to get outside and get some exercise when the sleepies hit. We go take a walk at the park, go to the zoo, grocery shopping (not too much exercise, but at least it out!)--anything to get out and moving. If I sit still, I'm a goner. I fell asleep in the middle of reading dd a book last week!
#7 of 9 Old 10-04-2007, 12:37 AM

I think I'm more exhausted now than I was with my boys, course that could be because I now have them to take care of too, but this is killing me. Oh yeah, I'm taking care of the dog too, he just had surgery on his knee.

My body clock is so messed up. I'm tired all day and then BAM at 9:00 I'm rearing to go. I should be in bed now, but I'm feeling better than I have all day so I want to take advantage of it. But if I go to bed, I can't sleep. :

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#8 of 9 Old 10-04-2007, 01:09 PM

cj'smommy, I feel exactly the same way! I am exhausted from the moment I get out of bed in the morning. Work is exhausting, cooking is exhausting, taking care of the animals is exhausting. All day long I dream of napping, and then I get into bed and stare at the ceiling FOREVER! WTH is up with that?:
#9 of 9 Old 10-04-2007, 01:44 PM

I usually go to sleep late, 12-1. To get time to myself after the kids are in bed! Lately I've been going to bed with the baby 9-10.

I've been sick too though, mostly at night or when I drive (but when I drive it's just nausious & I can handle it with ginger candies). I haven't thrown up yet but I came close last night and I'm just six weeks end of this week so I am prepared for the possibility. I should go clean the toilet. haha.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page