Sore spot an inch above my navel - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-24-2008, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It almost feels like a bruise, and last night I had to push baby to the side because he kept kicking me there, and it it hurt.

Any ideas what it is? Maybe it's just that he keeps kicking me there! But I'm worried my muscles are separating.
#2 of 5 Old 02-24-2008, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Hm. I think maybe June DDC just answered my question: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=851458

Or maybe not.... hm.
#3 of 5 Old 02-25-2008, 11:34 AM

I have something really similar, I think it has something to do with my anterior placenta - my spot is at the top of my uterus just to the left of my navel, right at the edge of the placenta.
It's not so bad usually, just when I have a BH, then if I press on that spot (or baby bumps it with his head) it feels like a bruise. I thought at first it was from when I ran into a door knob lol! But I had it before then and it's been WEEKS since the doorknob incident

I'll check the link...

I'm not overly concerned, can't be anything too serious! I'm just curious what it is too because I didn't have anything like it with my last pregnancy.

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#4 of 5 Old 02-25-2008, 01:39 PM

I had a doula client who had an umbilical hernia in pregnancy. So it could be that...

But I find I get sore spots on my belly here and there that come and then go away again. I have no idea what they're from. Just tender, like a bruise. I don't think they are hernias. Right now a spot about 2 inches above and to the right of my belly button is a bit sore. It is less tender today than it was last night. I sometimes wonder if I poke myself too hard feeling around for baby!!!
#5 of 5 Old 02-25-2008, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepetals View Post
I sometimes wonder if I poke myself too hard feeling around for baby!!!
Hehe. I really have to pay attention to myself to keep from doing this. It's so tempting to just poke and poke, especially when s/he's being all wiggly!

Thanks for the feedback that these tender spots sometimes go away. I'll keep an eye on it and see if anything changes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page