Heartburn! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-18-2008, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anybody have a natural (or even not natural but safe) way of dealing?
I can't even finish what I'm eating before heartburn hits.

On the plus side, my mom is elated, "Well if you have heartburn, it means this one will have hair!" (No heartburn with DS1, no hair either incidentally.)

Help!

Breeder Mama: = wife to an amazing man + mama to J-Bear (07/02) and E-Train (06/08), nanny to Little Bird (07/10).

#2 of 9 Old 03-18-2008, 08:33 PM

I had heartburn too, I told my acupuncturist and she stuck me and gave me magnets to wear on my wrists. I haven't had it again. My chiropractor also said he adjusted my mid back which tends to cause heartburn when out of alignment.

http://susanchegari.vibrantscents.com/

#3 of 9 Old 03-18-2008, 08:34 PM

Raw almonds are supposed to be good. Stay away from water, at least for me it is giving me the worst heartburn.

Dalila, mom to two boys, 7 and 5

490/2013

#4 of 9 Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 PM

papaya enzyme and raw almonds.
#5 of 9 Old 03-18-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminasmom View Post
I had heartburn too, I told my acupuncturist and she stuck me and gave me magnets to wear on my wrists. I haven't had it again. My chiropractor also said he adjusted my mid back which tends to cause heartburn when out of alignment.
Where did your acupuncturist stick you?

I have consistently had acupuncture this pregnancy and it's helped the digestive issues a lot.

I've settled into some intense heartburn this last trimester. I just saw her today and she tried a new point, right in my wrist. We'll see how it works. It usually takes aday or two for me to settle in after a session, it's not instantaneous.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#6 of 9 Old 03-18-2008, 11:03 PM

I don't have any natural remedies, but take Zantac every day (safe to take while pregnant), and if I didn't I don't think I could make it through a day or sleep, it is so horrible. I carry REALLY high.

I just wanted to say that I have had severe heartburn in all three of pregnancies, and my boys have been bald until they turn two

Amy
#7 of 9 Old 03-19-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyaebi View Post
I don't have any natural remedies, but take Zantac every day (safe to take while pregnant), and if I didn't I don't think I could make it through a day or sleep, it is so horrible. I carry REALLY high.

I just wanted to say that I have had severe heartburn in all three of pregnancies, and my boys have been bald until they turn two

Amy
x2, I couldn't LIVE withouth Zantac. I keep it stashed everywhere
#8 of 9 Old 03-19-2008, 09:58 AM

I've had gastritis pretty badly since January, and I've been taking Tums and Pepcid, both (from what I've seen/been told) safe. The Pepcid is more of a preventative and the Tums for when you've already got it. I usually take a Pepcid with dinner and then 4 Tums just before lying down for bed.

Also, Slippery Elm Tea. Good stuff.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#9 of 9 Old 03-19-2008, 12:06 PM

I have to take Pepcid Complete. It means I only have to take 1 a day as a preventative measure (because I undoubtedly get terrible, painful heartburn otherwise). But, it also works pretty much immediately if I need to take it once I've got the heartburn, which is nice (Tums, Rolaids, & papaya enzymes never do a thing for me in pregnancy...and oftentimes make it worse).

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page