Mothering Forum banner

Labor Prep herbs?

438 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SumnerRain 
#1 ·
What herbs do you plan on using if any for labor prep?

I have been thinking of ordering 5w by Nature's Sunshine, but the bottles only come in 100 tabs and you need 210 to make it to a full 5 weeks, and if I go overdue, I will need a third bottle, not exactly something I want to do.

What did or did not work for you?

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
I've been wondering about the 5w stuff, too, as my midwife said she does this with her clients...
I have two friends who took it, both delivered 5 days before their due date, the one had a quicker, easier delivery than with her first, the other ended up with a c-section for failure to progress (first delivery, btw), however she still swears by the 5w and has been sweetly "nagging" me to make sure I get some.

My midwife says she only endorses the RRL tea and the EPO, just because there is "so much stuff on the market" and she has "so many clients" she just does not know what works better than others. My doula had never heard of it, but I am thinking of asking my hypnobabies group.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.