Braxton Hicks.....ALL THE TIME!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2008, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, not literally. But, it sure feels like it!

Is this happening to anyone else?

I also have had that nice feeling of someone stabbing my cervix with a knife every once in a while the past couple of days. Bleh.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 05:21 PM

I am the exact same way!!! its like everytime you look down your belly is tight. when are you due??

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:22 PM

I've been getting them more and more often. They are the same as they were last time: belly gets really tight all over, but isn't a full-on contraction like I had in real labor.

I've been so surprised by them, but then again, I think I'm in a bit of denial that I am 33 weeks pregnant!
Old 03-31-2008, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottecat View Post
I am the exact same way!!! its like everytime you look down your belly is tight. when are you due??
I will be 35 weeks this week! I just need to make it to 36.5 so I can have a homebirth!

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:38 PM

ah I am only 33 and this is my first pregnancy. and I swear they are getting more painful everyday. and I wont need to go to the bathroom and I have a couple and I really have to go and then I have loose stools. ( tmi) and I felt today in the shower and I couldnt tell what my cervix was at I think closed.... but His head was there I believe. it was a really hard rounded thing lol. i just dont want to go before 36-37 weeks the closest nicu is like 5 hours away so we would have to be helicoptered out. so my question is is this normal???? I wish I knew grr

Old 03-31-2008, 05:53 PM

I have them TONS- been told its pretty normal at this point- as long as there are no other signs of impending labor- drink lots of water and rest alot. Oh well!

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

Old 03-31-2008, 06:03 PM

I am having them constantly when I am moving, rarely when I am relaxing so I know it is me bringing them on, not labor.. walking can bring them on to where it seems like I am contracting more than I am not contracting. I am 31w3d and have NO fears of this baby being early, I expect she will be a 41 weeker.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:08 PM

and the thing is I relax all day i dont do anything super strenous. i excersize 2-3 times a week for about an hour but it is really light. I just sure hope I find out some kind of info at my appt on the 8th. ya I can ask questions but I never know what to ask. grr.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:31 PM

I am the same way. I have been having BH nonstop it feels like for almost 2 months, the stabbing cervical pains for almost 2 weeks, lower and upper back pain for days, horrible hip pain for ages, and I am 35 weeks tommorrow. I don't think I'll make it to 40. But, as long as we get past this sunday (DS's birthday) I will be fine. at that point, I will be just 2 days short of 36 weeks, and my midwife says for her anyway, after 36 she considers baby fullterm... if I make it to the hospital, great... if I go to fast to get there (my last birth was 3 hours) deliver at home if need be.

Theresa, Mom to DS 4-6-06, and DD 5-11-08, and another on the way anyday.
WAHM behind Crystal City Fibers on Etsy.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:49 PM

My MW says I should be having them by now (33.5 weeks), but I've noticed exactly ONE ever that I'm sure of, and it was right after I drank a whole quart of RRL iced tea.

So, opposite problem but just as much to worry about! Why does pregnancy have to have so much variation on normal?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:50 PM

Ditto, and with the loose stools. :

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molck View Post
My MW says I should be having them by now (33.5 weeks), but I've noticed exactly ONE ever that I'm sure of, and it was right after I drank a whole quart of RRL iced tea.

So, opposite problem but just as much to worry about! Why does pregnancy have to have so much variation on normal?
I dont know but it can sure be hard when its your first time around and you worry as much as I do!!

Old 03-31-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molck View Post

Me too. I am not really sure if I am having BH or not. My midwife says I am even if I can't feel it or identify it as everyone has them. I am hoping this means that my labor pains will be as nice Here's hoping

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

Old 03-31-2008, 10:14 PM

I didn't notice any so far, but I started drinking RRL tea and last night I was having them every 5 min! It was nuts! I hope it gets my body ready because I didn't have them with DS, and his labor was awful!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 PM

I'm having them even when I can't feel it. The only reason I know that is from my NST today.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:26 AM

I have been having them very regularly for the past few weeks. They seem way more intense and frequent than with any of my other pregnancies. I am UPing so I'm a bit concerned about what's going on but I have complete trust in my body so I know it's doing what it needs to do. I just need to make sure that I exercise, eat well, and drink lots of fluids for these last few and important weeks!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:37 AM

I have them probably at least once an hour. I saw my midwives tonight, and they were finding the position of the baby and listening to the heart rate and I had a BH -one that I consider good and hard- and she was said it was totally fine. Almost anything seems to make one happen-rolling over in bed, too much walking, but I don't worry because nothing makes them continue...that'll be baby's job when he's ready...he just does a practice run every hour or two. I almost wish they were somewhat productive lol-ya know, take off some of the work in advance
Old 04-01-2008, 12:59 AM

nonstop!! all day long. It seems like my uterus is always tight. I am dilating (about 3cm as of last friday) and effacing too. I had none of this with my son so I guess this is good. I would much rather slowly/gradually dilate so that when the main event gets going it's, hopefully(last birth was 36 hours), quicker... I'm 36 weeks so in one week I will be all set for my homebirth. yay!

Mama to one tween, one toddler, 2 cats & 3 silly hens...

User Tag List